Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 155)

Comments

• CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    khughes90 wrote: »
    Oh, Dougs reaction was less about the shock, but more about sharing Ste, I agree. But just in the sense that Ste was slightly in the wrong here as well.

Although, I must ask, what are the kids going to do whilst they are working at the deli? It makes me wonder even more if Doug takes it over? But then, Ste is the chef.

They'll be in nursery and school for the day time anyways :) & probably at Mikes on some weekends or even overnights and things. Just like before really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And black and red and blue and all colours in the rainbow. And naked ;)

Well yes. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    CANDYANGEL wrote: »
    They'll be in nursery and school for the day time anyways :) & probably at Mikes on some weekends or even overnights and things. Just like before really.

TV children always make me laugh. Always elsewhere when necessary. My bloody sisters are always here. I wish they'd be elsewhere sometimes haha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is a bit random but remember when Ela's mum said a while back that Ela was filming with Emmett that day? if that isn't tomorrow then could it be a hospital scene? :o
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    Father Des is obviously urging Brendan to follow his heart. I want him to keep phoning him after the crash, telling him not to give up.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ela's in the same jumper there that she's wearing in the picture of her and Ellis that was tweeted yesterday.

Does this mean anything?

Her mom said that was an "old" photo but I don't believe her :) they're in winter clothes and I've not seen Leah in that outfit before and she had that coat on in today's episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spimf wrote: »
    Bib - that reminds me of poor rae ;)

Also thanks guys for clearing the 6 months thing up. Doug is even more of a douche than usual then.

Poor Rae. She didn't come back from the swings for months. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I had the will power to not watch any episodes until Dublin and then watch them all at once.

All this waiting for each episode is very frustrating.

It's a sad thing when one episode a day is just not enough.

BH
    Forum Member
    this is a bit random but remember when Ela's mum said a while back that Ela was filming with Emmett that day? if that isn't tomorrow then could it be a hospital scene? :o

I want Daddy Brendan to babysit them when Ste is in hospital and Doug is slightly injured.

Purely because I want them to completely love him haha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I feel the need to spoiler this because I don't want to be judged....
    I enjoyed the teen stuff tonight.

I thought Neil was quite cute with Esther.

Doug's reaction to the kids staying...
    I think a lot of step kids moving in stuff is all very individual to certain situations. Comes down to the dynamics and relationships and complications that are already established.

In the Stug case, I get Doug having a slight issue that it was sprung on him, but that's all for me. When you look at their situation...for the short amount of time they've actually been together, lived together for... How young the kids are. That's it not a permanent arrangement. That Doug was so all for Ste getting his family back the other week, and that it obviously was a surprise to Ste as well.
    And they got together and founded their relationship whilst the kids still lived with Ste. Them staying with Ste isn't actually the major change in terms of time and such, them leaving was the big change.

And I think the fact that Doug's instant initial reaction was to be so put out by it...that's not a good thing. It should go 'Oh yay the kids! Aww look how happy Ste is with him. Oh god, what if I'm a disappointment to them, what if I can't handle it, I wish Ste had talked to me about this first' before coming back to 'Aww kids, look how happy they make Ste'
    We've seen Doug be jealous and insecure about Amy and the kids before. The situation isn't suited to him, really, I don't think. I've always thought Doug needs to be with someone in a much simpler situation, he can't handle Ste.

ETA:I also think that with it being a surprise to Ste as well, Doug's worry about it not being spoken about first should be very quickly trumped by being there for Ste, giving him his support and not making him feel bad about the situation.
    Forum Member
    CANDYANGEL wrote: »
    Her mom said that was an "old" photo but I don't believe her :) they're in winter clothes and I've not seen Leah in that outfit before and she had that coat on in today's episode.
    Hmmmm.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmm could be, I also think that photo of Ela and Kieron and PJ was possibly from today's episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    Evening :D

Hope you're all good.

Oh my, it's been said - how bloody gorgeous did our man look tonight :o

Is he going to try and crash the wedding then? Yikes :eek:
    Forum Member
    Pom Pom wrote: »
    I think a lot of step kids moving in stuff is all very individual to certain situations. Comes down to the dynamics and relationships and complications that already established.

In the Stug case, I get Doug having a slight issue that it was sprung on him, but that's all for me. When you look at their situation...for the short amount of time they've actually been together, lived together for... How young the kids are. That's it not a permanent arrangement. That Doug was so all for Ste getting his family back the other week, and that it obviously was a surprise to Ste as well.
    And they got together and founded their relationship whilst the kids still lived with Ste. Them staying with Ste isn't actually the major change in terms of time and such, them leaving was the big change.

And I think the fact that Doug's instant initial reaction was to be so put out by it...that's not a good thing. It should go 'Oh yay the kids! Aww look how happy Ste is with him. Oh god, what if I'm disappointment to them, what if I can't handle it, I wish Ste had talked to me about this first' before coming back to 'Aww kids, look how happy they make Ste'
    We've seen Doug be jealous and insecure about Amy and the kids before. The situation isn't suited to him, really, I don't think. I've always thought Doug needs to be with someone in a much simpler situation, he can't handle Ste.

Thank you for wording this better than I could haha
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Daddy Brendan to babysit them when Ste is in hospital and Doug is slightly injured.

I knnnoowww :o

I also want him to completely fall in love with them and say they're 'Just like their Da'.' I want Brendan to fall in love with his kids, and as a result fall even deeper in love with Ste (if that's humanly possible.)

The kids to me are just little catalysts for Stendan love. I don't really care about kids, me :cool:

BH
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bit where he says 'Oi'll put da kettle on', he's all long legs and #bulge and arms and a slight curve to his muscly tummy.

Not that I noticed.:o

ohhh :o
    Forum Member

Hope you're all good.

Poor taste, sutts. Teenagers are DYING in that crash.:(

;)
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

Hope you're all good.

Hello. I'm really still in two minds. I really think Brendan might let him go. :cry: Then have to rescue him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member

I actually think Cheryl will look after them you know..meaning Brendan does aswell. I somehow cant see Doug (if he's at home) wanting to look after them. He doesn't seem the paternal type
    Forum Member
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezusss:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    My reaction to the kids stuff was - ok, what were you going to say if asked, no. Of course not, Ste has kids they could turn up at any point - no asking involved UNLESS they were coming forever, and then give Doug the choice cos that's a life changer. I hate the way he is about the kids tbh :mad:
    Forum Member
    I knnnoowww :o

I also want him to completely fall in love with them and say they're 'Just like their Da'.' I want Brendan to fall in love with his kids, and as a result fall even deeper in love with Ste (if that's humanly possible.)

The kids to me are just little catalysts for Stendan love. I don't really care about kids, me :cool:

BH

Yeah, pretty much all I want from them as well haha. Leah and Lucas, helping Stendan since 2010 :cool:

The pecs, the bluge, the face :o
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member

Mmmmmmmm. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Neil was quite cute with Esther.

I think a lot of step kids moving in stuff is all very individual to certain situations. Comes down to the dynamics and relationships and complications that already established.

And I think the fact that Doug's instant initial reaction was to be so put out by it...that's not a good thing. It should go 'Oh yay the kids! Aww look how happy Ste is with him. Oh god, what if I'm disappointment to them, what if I can't handle it, I wish Ste had talked to me about this first' before coming back to 'Aww kids, look how happy they make Ste'

BIB: My initial reaction to the Doug/Kids situation was to think: 'Brendan would be happy if Ste got his kids back' :cool:

Argh Doug.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member

Yeah really well put.

You know Doug needs to go out there and find someone without baggage, this is way too much for his first gay relationship. Particularly when Ste's not as into him as he's into Ste.

And I'll say it again, this story would be so much better in terms of crashing and burning if BOTH Ste and Doug were having issues about getting married (Ste's feelings and Doug's plotting) but then, ah there'd be no vows etc and we couldn't ramp up the triangle any further that way :rolleyes:;)
This discussion has been closed.