Power of the Daleks animated

Comments

• Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "We will have our power...... Of the daleks dvds"..... ;)
  • Crucium GigerCrucium Giger Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Very much looking forward to this and with hope of further episodes getting animated.
  • Saxon BurySaxon Bury Posts: 2,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Buy download
    2. Buy DVD
    3. Complain about lack of Blu-ray:)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saxon Bury wrote: »
    1. Buy download
    2. Buy DVD

Some people will probably complain about the lack of Blu-ray BEFORE buying the DVD :D
  • Boz_LowdownlBoz_Lowdownl Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saxon Bury wrote: »
    1. Buy download
    2. Buy DVD

4. Complain it's in widescreen not original ratio.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A shame it's not in colour, as that would be really fantastic.

Any idea if the story will be released on the iTunes, Google or Amazon Video platforms, other than BBC Store?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »
    A shame it's not in colour, as that would be really fantastic.

Any idea if the story will be released on the iTunes, Google or Amazon Video platforms, other than BBC Store?

I assume they will get it at the same time as the DVD release but I think BBC Worldwide really deserves to keep the debut exclusive to themselves for a short time before the multinational tax avoiders turn up.

We should all want BBC Worldwide to reap the most benefit from the release so they will do more. I assume Itunes, Google and Amazon keep a hefty chunk of every sale price whereas the BBC store gives 100% to BBC Worldwide.

I was never too sure about the BBC Store but now it supports Chromecast, I use it much more.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC Store accidentally broke the embargo on their own news. Oops...

- Episode 1 will be available from 5:50pm on 5 November (exact time of the original broadcast 50 years earlier!), with the remaining episodes released over the next five days.

- It'll be exclusive to the BBC Store until 14 November.

- DVD released on 21 November.

I haven't actually seen the DVD date on the screen captures of the text from the BBC store before it was taken down, but I don't see any great reason to disbelieve it.
    Airborae wrote: »

Presumably the bit in bold means the Download will be available elsewhere after the 14th.
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    It'll be great to finally have a watchable version of this story, but a fully animated release is slightly tarnished for me by the fact that it means the original is unlikely to have been recovered as had been rumoured, otherwise surely they'd have put the effort and expense into animating the missing episodes from a story which partially existed instead, perhaps Evil of the Daleks, or Master Plan (although the latter would have been much more work of course due to it's length)..
  • bigaltbigalt Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that's my Christmas present sorted out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure when "Power" is discovered in a Siberian Gulag in 2038 we will all be happy to buy it again...........and spend hours comparing the two versions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigalt wrote: »
    Well, that's my Christmas present sorted out.

5th November......It's my Guy Fawkes Present.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Glad it's true and something to add to the DVD collection now.
  • POTDPOTD Posts: 9,869
    Forum Member
    jrmswfc wrote: »
    It'll be great to finally have a watchable version of this story, but a fully animated release is slightly tarnished for me by the fact that it means the original is unlikely to have been recovered as had been rumoured, otherwise surely they'd have put the effort and expense into animating the missing episodes from a story which partially existed instead, perhaps Evil of the Daleks, or Master Plan (although the latter would have been much more work of course due to it's length)..

Dalek stories are the least likely to be found as due to (legal/copyright issues with Terry Nation) they were sent to far fewer countries than the other ones
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,924
    Forum Member
    I've always wondered POTD, does your forum name stand for "Post Of The Day" or "Power Of The Daleks"?
    If the latter, you must be now be very happy!
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Two discs, that's good! Top quality and hopefully some extras.
  • Kieran SeymourKieran Seymour Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two discs, that's good!

Hang on a bit...

Amazon's listings when items first go up are notoriously dodgy, especially when it comes to running times and the number of discs.

Let's wait until we have some proper details of the DVD before getting too excited about extras.
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get stung for postage so add that on to amazons price. Really miss the bbc shop, would have pre ordered by now job done no mucking around. Instead will have to trawl the supermarkets trying to find the cheapest price when it comes out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on a bit...

Amazon's listings when items first go up are notoriously dodgy, especially when it comes to running times and the number of discs.

Let's wait until we have some proper details of the DVD before getting too excited about extras.

I wasn't getting too excited, I wrote "hopefully".
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get stung for postage so add that on to amazons price. Really miss the bbc shop, would have pre ordered by now job done no mucking around. Instead will have to trawl the supermarkets trying to find the cheapest price when it comes out.
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member

Have a look at Base.com, they have a BBC Shop section, I've ordered a few things from them, very reasonable prices and reliable too.
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on a bit...

Yes indeed. I remember enemy was listed as a 2 disc release at first
  • Jedi_KnightJedi_Knight Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is The Power Of The Daleks 2nd Doctor's first story after the first regeneration or not?
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is The Power Of The Daleks 2nd Doctor's first story after the first regeneration or not?

Yes. He regenerated at the end of the previous story.