Options

Doctor Who: The Doctor/Martha Thread

LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I want to make this thread so we can talk about the The Doc/Martha, and their scenes, I like them, they have chemistry, and there is something there, before the kiss and after and in the tardis, i like their little banters :cool: :D

I can see why The Doctor likes her, she's got spark and life in her, she seems enthusiatic and also seems fearless, also she's very intrigued by him and goes with the flow and keeps up with him, esp in their little banters :cool:

Looking forward to seeing their chemistry in future episodes :)

Comments

• Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    I'm very hopeful about this partnership, actually. David Tennant is just marvellous, of course, and I think Freema will be a terrific addition to the team.

I like the interaction between the two so far. Its obvious that she's smart and she likes to take control. I loved her comment about 'not at all arrogant' when he said he was a Time Lord.

I think she's a bit more Sarah Jane than Rose Tyler (watch Terror of the Zygons and I think you'll get what I mean). Whether or not love will blossom is another matter entirely - I hope they stay best mates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about David/Freema both are good, i love David as the Doc, Martha seems a great addition

I also hope they stay best mates
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree with all of the above. I was amazed by how much chemistry they had considering it was her first ep. Can't wait to see more of their scenes together!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also another thing, they saved each others lives :)
  • Options
    Tegan JovankaTegan Jovanka Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The relationship seems better than Rose and the Doctor. She worked much better with the Doctor's previous incarnation. After one episode it is too early to say but the early signs are good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find that Martha is up there/on the level with the doctor, whilst Rose was in awe of the doctor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pics

34japvt.jpg

4ibqis1.jpg
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Martha is a better companion to Tennant's Doctor than Rose was. I always felt Rose complimented Eccleston's Doctor better (I think they had a very good on-screen connection), and, although she performed perfectly fine alongside Tennant, I always felt he needed a new companion of his own, in a way.

Martha seems to fit the bill a little better. In the past couple of series Rose always seemed to be incredibly reliant on the Doctor, like she couldn't function without him (think of the final episode of series 2, for instance), he was the father figure she never had. And I think she was a good character, but it's time for something new. Martha is confident and intelligent and less 'needy,' and I think it's good to see someone like that in the series now as it helps us delve a little more into the Doctor's psyche.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ I agree, also Martha is independent, thinks on her own - i think thats one of things the doc liked about her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone made a Doc/Martha vid - its good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OJCzgfyb68
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    My faveourite part was

The Doctor "We might Die?!"

Martha "We might not!" *raises eyebrow*

loved that scene!!!!
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Lennie wrote:

Thats brilliant!!!
    Actually brought a tear to my eye!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lennie wrote:

Awww love it! Thanks for posting :)
  • Options
    The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lennie wrote:

Very, very good. Some people clearly have way too much time on their hands, but good for us! :)

When is someone going to do "Have You Met Miss Jones?"

Or "Martha, My Dear"?

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote:
    My faveourite part was

The Doctor "We might Die?!"

Martha "We might not!" *raises eyebrow*

loved that scene!!!!

She seemed so fearless, thats what i liked about her, and i think thats what doc likes about her as well

I like the little grins they were giving when she was checking his hearts ;) and when she walked away :D

Will put some more vids and fan fics up :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Didn't somone on Dr Who Confidential (possibly RTD, I can't remember) say that there was going to be a bit of a theme of unrequited love between Martha and the Doctor? That Martha is attracted romantically to the Doctor but that for him the relationship is strictly friendly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ yes, David mentioned that Martha sort of gets a crush on him in the first episode and that will spice up the show, to tell you the truth i can see some sexual tension between them - which to me wasd obvious and showned in the first episode, but since loosing Rose, i dont think the Doctor will let anyone near him esp in the name of love
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    The Slug wrote:

When is someone going to do "Martha, My Dear"?

:D

Would be an unfair song choice as that song is about a DOG :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG Ive only managed to watch 2 of those videos before I go to work and they are amazing!! I think that ep is one of my favourites now I've seen it so much :o:D Thanks for the links
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smith and Jones episode is on again on friday on BBC 3, i want to watch it again :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed reading this fic :)

She Smiled Back
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3468906/1/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    I think Martha is a really excellent character in Doctor Who. Tomorrow night's episode looks promising with her and The Doctor against the witches :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lennie wrote:
    I find that Martha is up there/on the level with the doctor, whilst Rose was in awe of the doctor

I agree. This partnership really works because Martha has a high level of intelligence and is up there with the doctor (she's intelligent, studying to become a doctor etc.) while Rose was more of a lower to the doctor (working in a shop, living with mum etc.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda missed Dr Who this week, was at London visiting family, i did see bits of it

The bed scene was good ;)