Options

Strictly routine track memories

tsarinatsarina Posts: 529
Forum Member
✭✭
Couldn't think of a sensible title :o

Have any of your favourite Strictly routines music tracks now become known to you as "Mark & Karen's AT music" rather than "Goldeneye" or "Matt & Alesha's" cha cha rather than Beyonce's track.

The two above are my obvious ones?

Any others?

Comments

• Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there was a thread identical to this a few months back :D

But to answer your question Its Raining Men is now Kimba's fusion for me!
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have quite a few, all gathered together in a playlist on my ipod!:o:D

One example : "You Do Something to Me" by Paul Weller is now forever Rachel and Vincent's rumba music.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    "Hot Hot Hot" will always be Mark's Salsa and "Beautiful" Colin's Rumba. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry :o

I only come on here during Strictly Season ;) so maybe missed it.
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tsarina wrote: »
    Sorry :o

I only come on here during Strictly Season ;) so maybe missed it.

No need to apologise - threads are frequently started on topics that have been discussed before and there's no reason why you'd search for a thread from months before the new series even started! :)

So, to answer your question, I think the answer is 'yes', particularly when a dance has completely overwhelmed me. If I hear a familiar track on the radio, I am more likely to think of its Strictly connection first rather than any other memory I might have. And this is the case even when other memories are strong. So, for example, Samba Pa Ti by Santana is a very familiar song from my teenage years but if it comes on the radio, I automatically think of Kara and Artem's rumba.

Actually, I should confess that I have a CD of all the music that Kara and Artem used in series 8, so it's no surprise that virtually any song they used will automatically make me think of their dance. Maybe I'm not a good example, being something of a Kara and Artem fanatic! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    No need to apologise - threads are frequently started on topics that have been discussed before and there's no reason why you'd search for a thread from months before the new series even started! :)

So, to answer your question, I think the answer is 'yes', particularly when a dance has completely overwhelmed me. If I hear a familiar track on the radio, I am more likely to think of its Strictly connection first rather than any other memory I might have. And this is the case even when other memories are strong. So, for example, Samba Pa Ti by Santana is a very familiar song from my teenage years but if it comes on the radio, I automatically think of Kara and Artem's rumba.

Actually, I should confess that I have a CD of all the music that Kara and Artem used in series 8, so it's no surprise that virtually any song they used will automatically make me think of their dance. Maybe I'm not a good example, being something of a Kara and Artem fanatic! :o

I was watching their VW at the weekend and thought even though she is a fabulous dancer, none of their dances wow me like they did when he danced with Kara, I think it is because we saw (or hoped/thought we saw) the relationship developing. I often watch their dances again or their ITT's and it is so lovely to see :)
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I started a thread of a similar nature but goodness knows where it's gone :D

I'm Still Standing is now known as Darren and Jill's jive
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    Beyoncé's 'Crazy In Love' will always be Matt and Alesha's Cha Cha, for me!
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    So many to mention :)

I'm Still Standing - Jill's jive
    If I were a painting - Gethin's waltz
    Its raining men - Kimberley's fusion
    Hit the Road Jack- Scott's jive
    Where the wild roses grow - Matt Baker's VW
    You cant stop the beat- Austin's jive
    If my friend's could see me now - Tom's showdance

And all of Chelsee's dance musics ... :)
    None of the original ones I love and remember have been tainted by this year's pathetic offerings(recycling) :p:D
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both Spooky and Papa Loves Mambo will be forever indelibly Nancy to me.
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »

None of the original ones I love and remember have been tainted by this year's pathetic offerings(recycling) :p:D

Love your list. Agree 100%. :)
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tsarina wrote: »
    I was watching their VW at the weekend and thought even though she is a fabulous dancer, none of their dances wow me like they did when he danced with Kara, I think it is because we saw (or hoped/thought we saw) the relationship developing. I often watch their dances again or their ITT's and it is so lovely to see :)

Me, too!

Actually, your whole point about music being connected to a particular dance goes even further for fanatics when you take into account fan-compilations (they've probably got a proper name, but I can't think what it is).

For example, a forum member here compiled loads of Kara and Artem footage and set it to different tracks, so Can't You See by The Marshall Tucker Band is now indelibly linked with Kara and Artem's training footage for me, as is Feeling Good by Nina Simone linked to a montage of their dances. I think she has synched it all perfectly with the accents in the music. Check out arbeghast's other Kartem videos if you like these. :)

ETA - sorry if I went a leetle off-topic, but it's sort of related... :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Love your list. Agree 100%. :)

Welcome back from your holiday SCD-O.... Now behave yourself and keep us company :)
  • Options
    SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome back from your holiday SCD-O.... Now behave yourself and keep us company :)

Will try. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Forgot to mention two of my favourites :rolleyes:

I'll survive- Jason's tango
    Thousand years- Kimberley's VW

Seems to me a variety of female pros with inspiring choreo and music choices :)