Life after Mr Q

2»

Comments

• FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgive me if i am wrong but didn't this original story turn out to be a troll and get banned? i was only a lurker back then but seem to remember this one...

There are a bunch of people on here who also frequent "the other place" who convinced themselves qwerty was making it up and accused her of trolling. Very upsetting to be widowed and go through that nonsense too, I remember her offering to post a copy of the death cert :( people can be awful.

Qwerty i am glad you have met someone you makes you and your daughter happy, your MrQ sounded lovely and I am sure he would approve.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I genuinely don't know. But mid 2012 all contact stopped despite my daughter trying to call them and they would slam the phone down on her and took her off their Facebook pages. It really hurt me seeing how they treated her. She says not only did she lose her dad but the whole family too. For grown ups, they should be ashamed for treating her the way they did. But we're still in contact with a majority of his friends which is lovely.
    That's sad, but friends are often more important than family, I'm sure your husband would be glad you're still in contact with the people who were dear to him. You and your daughter and your new man are what are important now, so move on with your life, with happy memories of Mr Q, and make some new memories to look back on in the future. I hope you have a long and happy life together.
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sort of advice were you after?
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    What sort of advice were you after?
    I think she wants reassurance that it's okay to move on after a bereavement. Which of course, it is, it's a healthy and natural process. I wish her every happiness.
  • iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she wants reassurance that it's okay to move on after a bereavement. Which of course, it is, it's a healthy and natural process. I wish her every happiness.

Probably time to stop calling him Mr Q. In the spirit of moving on.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

After she's been seeing him for 17 months ?? She's already made that call, surely ?

But anyway - I agree that the first MrQ would want her and their daughter to be happy.

If they are, then I can't think why any reasonable person would have any objection or think it to be inappropriate in any way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I don't post very often, but I visit and read most days. I remember reading about your loss - can't believe it was 3 years ago! I also remember thinking about how lovely you both sounded and how much I'd miss my husband if he died.

I'm so pleased to hear that you have love in your life again. Anyone who begrudges you that isn't worth listening to. I'm sure MrQ would be very happy and thankful that you have someone to share your life with. I wish you every happiness for the future.
  • Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    I think it's a wonderful compliment to your husband that you were so happy that you want to return to that married state of companionship and love.

Be happy and that s for your daughter too. how tragic that her father's family no longer want contact, but hey are the losers. In your posts over the years I have always felt her to be a delightful, well adjusted young lady. Remember, I teach teens so I do have some experience of youngsters!!

How exciting for you all to be starting a new chapter of your lives. The very best of luck for the future.