Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Britney Spears Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Old 23-11-2014, 17:43
mimicole
Forum Member

I only ever bought "Slave 4 U".

I downloaded "Hold It Against Me" and "3".
mimicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 23-11-2014, 20:10
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

The ones I'm missing are:
From the Bottom of My Broken Heart
Outrageous
Break the Ice
Womanizer
Circus
If U Seek Amy
Scream & Shout
Work Bitch
Ooh La La

Also just made another nice purchase on ebay, the Britney album Japanese deluxe edition with booklet and DVD featuring interviews and live performances, exciting!
Some of them are very rare singles! I don't ever remember Outrageous being released on CD, or was it only released in certain countries? I don't know how easy it is to get hold of her more recent singles on CD. I never saw them in the shops but then HMV (which closed down and then reopened in Ireland, at least where I live) and even the local stores in the city I live in haven't sold CD singles for a long time. I used to go to Woolworths whenever I was over in the UK and buy my CD singles there. Ooh that's a nice purchase! I've never seen that edition before. I have that album but I've the UK edition in what I believe is a European edition box as it didn't have Before The Goodbye listed on it but the song comes up in my iTunes. For years I thought it was a hidden track

As for singles, I've obviously got all the songs on the albums and I have an Overprotected cassette and a BOMT CD single. I downloaded the Someday (I Will Understand), Womanizer, 3, Hold It Against Me, Till The World Ends, Scream & Shout, Ooh La La and Work Bitch singles.
cnbcwatcher is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2014, 23:34
AdzPower
Forum Member

Some of them are very rare singles! I don't ever remember Outrageous being released on CD, or was it only released in certain countries? I don't know how easy it is to get hold of her more recent singles on CD. I never saw them in the shops but then HMV (which closed down and then reopened in Ireland, at least where I live) and even the local stores in the city I live in haven't sold CD singles for a long time. I used to go to Woolworths whenever I was over in the UK and buy my CD singles there. Ooh that's a nice purchase! I've never seen that edition before. I have that album but I've the UK edition in what I believe is a European edition box as it didn't have Before The Goodbye listed on it but the song comes up in my iTunes. For years I thought it was a hidden track

As for singles, I've obviously got all the songs on the albums and I have an Overprotected cassette and a BOMT CD single. I downloaded the Someday (I Will Understand), Womanizer, 3, Hold It Against Me, Till The World Ends, Scream & Shout, Ooh La La and Work Bitch singles.
Yeah some of them are going to be hard to track down, from some research I've done it seems as though the rarest are Scream & Shout, If U Seek Amy and Outrageous which was only released physically in Japan.
AdzPower is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 08:50
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

Yeah some of them are going to be hard to track down, from some research I've done it seems as though the rarest are Scream & Shout, If U Seek Amy and Outrageous which was only released physically in Japan.
I've never actually seen those singles for sale anywhere, but maybe you can only buy them online. Definitely worth having if you can track them down though! I've seen pics of the Outrageous single but I'm wondering if it was an actual single or just a promotional one that got sent to radio stations?
Old 24-11-2014, 09:39
Hav_mor91
Forum Member

I have physical copies of FTBOFMBH, Outrageous, and someday they were in my singles boxset wouldn't mind simple Japanese edition albums though 😀.
Hav_mor91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2014, 10:55
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I wish I had the singles boxset Never got the chance to buy it though and I bet it costs an arm and a leg.The Japanese albums would be worth adding to the collection. Don't a lot of them have extra songs or videos?
Old 24-11-2014, 19:02
AdzPower
Forum Member

I wish I had the singles boxset Never got the chance to buy it though and I bet it costs an arm and a leg.The Japanese albums would be worth adding to the collection. Don't a lot of them have extra songs or videos?
I have a few Japanese albums, the FF album has the bonus track "Scary", Blackout has "Get Back", "Everybody" and "Outta This World".
BJ has a few extra WB remixes. I'm planning on getting the others. Another Japanese single worth getting is "Someday" because it not only has the single, but also has "Mona Lisa", "Over To You Now" and "Chaotic".
I wish I had the boxset as well, it looks amazing but alas I missed out on it. Hopefully I can find a good quality used version at some point.
Old 24-11-2014, 22:43
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I have a few Japanese albums, the FF album has the bonus track "Scary", Blackout has "Get Back", "Everybody" and "Outta This World".
BJ has a few extra WB remixes. I'm planning on getting the others. Another Japanese single worth getting is "Someday" because it not only has the single, but also has "Mona Lisa", "Over To You Now" and "Chaotic".
I wish I had the boxset as well, it looks amazing but alas I missed out on it. Hopefully I can find a good quality used version at some point.
Get Back and Everybody are available for download here in Ireland as bonus tracks but Outta This World isn't. Isn't the Japanese Someday single the same as the Chaotic EP? You might still be able to get the boxset online somewhere, I don't know. I wish I had it. It looks good. I might try and get the Someday single though. Sounds like it would be worth having! Mona Lisa was one of the songs that would've been on Original Doll and I guess the Japanese Someday single/Chaotic EP is the closest thing we'll ever get to that album
Old 25-11-2014, 13:13
AdzPower
Forum Member

Figured I'd take a couple of photo's so that I could document how my collection has grown, here are all my singles:
http://i.imgur.com/rY2agZq.jpg

And my albums which I've got far less of:
http://i.imgur.com/lsJbOQG.jpg

The irony that BJ is my least favourite album yet I have the most copies of it LOL.
Old 25-11-2014, 16:55
mimicole
Forum Member

Figured I'd take a couple of photo's so that I could document how my collection has grown, here are all my singles:

The irony that BJ is my least favourite album yet I have the most copies of it LOL.
How come you have multiple copies of everything?

mimicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2014, 18:02
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

How come you have less albums? It's not a bad little collection. I've got more stuff added to mine and I'll take a photo again when I have a free moment.
Old 25-11-2014, 18:33
AdzPower
Forum Member

How come you have multiple copies of everything?

How come you have less albums? It's not a bad little collection. I've got more stuff added to mine and I'll take a photo again when I have a free moment.
I have multiple copies purely by accident, sometimes I place a bid on ebay because the lot has a couple of singles I need that would work out cheaper if I win the bid than if I'd bought them separately, of course because of this method I get a ton of duplicates. But it's cheaper in the long run.

As for having less albums, it's purely because they are more expensive, especially to import them from other countries, I want a few more editions especially of my faves but as for right now I'm focusing on singles so I'll switch to albums once I've finished that.
Old 25-11-2014, 23:44
cnbcwatcher
Forum Member

I have multiple copies purely by accident, sometimes I place a bid on ebay because the lot has a couple of singles I need that would work out cheaper if I win the bid than if I'd bought them separately, of course because of this method I get a ton of duplicates. But it's cheaper in the long run.

As for having less albums, it's purely because they are more expensive, especially to import them from other countries, I want a few more editions especially of my faves but as for right now I'm focusing on singles so I'll switch to albums once I've finished that.
That's fair enough. Even if you get duplicates it might be worth checking if there were several different versions of a CD single, particularly with the 90s/early 00s ones. They used to have CD1 and CD2 and there might be some Britney singles like that. I think they did that with BOMT. I've got the version with two remixes but IIRC there was a version with Autumn Goodbye and the instrumental. It's worth checking that out.

Albums have always been more expensive than singles. Have fun collecting the singles I was gonna start doing that but I need to scour the second hand shops and charity shops to find them. It would be a bit of fun though I'm trying to build up my Britney collection and that's something I should've done years ago, but I guess there's never a bad time to do it.