Options

Watched EE From The Begining, Seriously Thinking Of Taking A Time Out On It....

StykerStyker Posts: 50,145
Forum Member
Watched EE from the very begining, whenever it started in 85 or 86, but its so boring and repetitive that I'm thinking of skipping the episodes now and just go back to watching it when it sounds like it might be back to form.

Jean going back into her depressed state has really made me think this and I think I'm definetely going t skip the Ronnie's new year story which I think is totally mad, and cruel, if not a twisted story by the writers/top brass of EE!!!! :mad:

The only decent episodes I've seen for most of the year where the party one's where Glenda was pushed down the stairs and the aftermath to that, the rest have been all over the place and very very boring.

Comments

• Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    That's nice, thanks for letting us know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's nice, thanks for letting us know.

Yes, lets hope that the EE team do read this and realise how much they've messed up this year and they have been pretty rubish imo for the last 2 years or so and they must know it!

Look at the recent episodes! Ian still hasn't realised that Peter's left! Crazy stuff!

Too much about the writers going for self congratulatory stories which imo are warped like the Danilelle story and now they wanna twiast the knife even more on Ronnie!

Time for these writers to go with this stupid thinking of theirs imo!!! :mad:
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully when the new family come into the show things will look up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Hopefully when the new family come into the show things will look up

They badly need a new family but they messed up and missed an opportunity on the Gold family. Stupid to go for another affiar with Max story and detach the wife/mother straight away from developing the Gold's properly. They could have done a lot more with Harry but they probably can't think of original story lines for him that have not been done before with the likes of Johnny Allan but they should have been able to.

They gotta stop all the pregnancies everyhwere too. Another example of its repitiveness.
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its all become very silly, thats if eastenders could possibly get more silly?! im sure it will improve at some point. i just think its a shame so many character are being ruined
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the same up until about 2 weeks ago, It's getting really good again, I hope the few months was just filler and now the new storylines are starting up, Stick with it i say :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    matty_a wrote: »
    I thought the same up until about 2 weeks ago, It's getting really good again, I hope the few months was just filler and now the new storylines are starting up, Stick with it i say :)

The repititive stories on Jean and on Carol/Conor and the imo twisted further tragedy coming to Ronnie not bother you?

Ian not realising that Peter has gone as well?
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must say i am really not looking forward to the Ronnie/Kat baby storyline at all, esp as it is going to be stretched out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Must say i am really not looking forward to the Ronnie/Kat baby storyline at all, esp as it is going to be stretched out.

I think the writers are so out of order for doing this outragous story, I just don't and won't accept that Ronnie "has/is" a tragic character full stop which is their usual excuse! :mad:
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Yes, lets hope that the EE team do read this and realise how much they've messed up this year and they have been pretty rubish imo for the last 2 years or so and they must know it!

Look at the recent episodes! Ian still hasn't realised that Peter's left! Crazy stuff!

Too much about the writers going for self congratulatory stories which imo are warped like the Danilelle story and now they wanna twiast the knife even more on Ronnie!

Time for these writers to go with this stupid thinking of theirs imo!!! :mad:

Sorry to burst your bubble but they ain't going to be listening or reading posts from a few disgruntled fans, there has been a onslaught of threads from posters mostly trolls who mission is just to slag the show/BK off.

The ratings are good, its getting publicity good or bad and the current/upcoming plots are generating buzz, I don't agree with a lot of the stuff that BK has done and not too keen on this upcoming storyline but I'm willing to give it a go, skipping a few eps won't change the feeling of the show as this plot will be ongoing for at least two years and the writing will pretty much be the same as all theses storylines are planned way in advance most of the time.

So in conclusion it your choice if you switch off or take a break not anyone else.
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    I also watched the very first episode and tuned in every week...... until I went away for 4 weeks and forgot to set the Sky+.

IUpon my return I was faced with a dilemma. Do I try to catch up or do I knock it on the head ? I feel I was only watching out of sentimental loyalty, so I stopped watching.

That was 3 years ago, and to be honest I kind of miss it. I tuned in on xmas day as we had my MIL with us who is an avid fan.

Question now is ..... do I try to catch up with who's who or not bother ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how can they explain the Peter thing though, he leaves Xmas Eve, then Xmas Day Ian is in the Vic laughing & joking - how can they forget a storyline? It's like the Beale's are not important so long as dull Stacey is in the limelight :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to put Ryan and Janine back together. They have so much more potential as a couple
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Button62 wrote: »
    I also watched the very first episode and tuned in every week...... until I went away for 4 weeks and forgot to set the Sky+.

IUpon my return I was faced with a dilemma. Do I try to catch up or do I knock it on the head ? I feel I was only watching out of sentimental loyalty, so I stopped watching.

That was 3 years ago, and to be honest I kind of miss it. I tuned in on xmas day as we had my MIL with us who is an avid fan.

Question now is ..... do I try to catch up with who's who or not bother ?

On the whole I wouldn't bother. Definetely recommend skipping the New Year episodes but somethings about to happen to Phil and Ian leaves him without helping him, i think I'l tey and watch that but if it stays as it is now or hits and then misses, I think I'l stop watching generally and save myself a lot of key time too!
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they really went off the rails during Christmas after somewhat picking up the weeks before. I think they lost sense of how many characters were effected, and needed to be shown experiencing the aftermath of Christmas Day.

The Jean storyline has been great, and they've followed up the Janine/Pat/Ryan stuff really well. But what bothers me is, we've seen Roxy for all of 20 seconds since seeing her learn how her dad really died, hardly anything of Vanessa and Lauren's reaction to Max pretty much being ready to abandon them, and pretty much nothing of the other storylines either - the post-Xmas Beale drama, the post-Xmas Glenda drama, the Denise and Kim house plot, and so on.

They just need to reign it in a bit. The content itself isn't bad - for me, it's what their not showing that's providing the problem.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    They need to put Ryan and Janine back together. They have so much more potential as a couple

I'm not sure that's a good idea.

All they seemd to do pre-Stacey was spend their time 'daring each other' and performing silly forfeits.

One of the problems I have with Eastenders at the moment is mini storylines that don't go anywhere and have been pointless. For instance, what was the purpose of Phil's daughter (Louise) returning? Why did Chelsea have a fling with Jack, it went nowhere? Why has Christian become a personal trainer as opposed to working in The Vic? What was the point of the episode where Roxy spiked Syed's drink? What happened to Abi's crush on Darren?

Too many random things going on that have no relevance or aren't developed enough.

The soap lacks clarity.
  • Options
    IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I`ve gone right off EE since they brought Alfie Moon and Kat back. Mr. Moon gets on my nerves big time with his verbal diarrhoea and lies. Kat is bearable without Alfie. Wish they`d bring in some new people. The twaddle they expect the viewers to swallow is beyond belief at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idacyder wrote: »
    I`ve gone right off EE since they brought Alfie Moon and Kat back. Mr. Moon gets on my nerves big time with his verbal diarrhoea and lies. Kat is bearable without Alfie. Wish they`d bring in some new people. The twaddle they expect the viewers to swallow is beyond belief at the moment.

They are bringing in a new family in March and they have brought in new characters this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose people do this in a pathetic attempt to start a chain reaction in hope that BK will think "oh no Styker is upset, we better do something" and ultimately axe the storyline.

It wont work, this is not the first nor will it be the last storyline people whinge about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Delboy_RKO wrote: »
    I suppose people do this in a pathetic attempt to start a chain reaction in hope that BK will think "oh no Styker is upset, we better do something" and ultimately axe the storyline.

It wont work, this is not the first nor will it be the last storyline people whinge about.

Whats pathetic is the storylines! If people don't speak up when their not happy, then unless they turn off how they gonna know?

For me, its been a massive mistake bringing Kirkwood in. I think they should go for a new producer, one within the BBC already!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats pathetic is the storylines! If people don't speak up when their not happy, then unless they turn off how they gonna know?

For me, its been a massive mistake bringing Kirkwood in. I think they should go for a new producer, one within the BBC already!!!!

They take note of audience feedback with the duty logs. I highly doubt they will get rid of Kirkwood, he has experience in the world of soap Corrie and Hollyoaks and they are at least giving him a full year and the show seems to be flowing better now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hulllad10 wrote: »
    They take note of audience feedback with the duty logs. I highly doubt they will get rid of Kirkwood, he has experience in the world of soap Corrie and Hollyoaks and they are at least giving him a full year and the show seems to be flowing better now.

What I'm getting at is how dow we know if he is really committed to EE/BBC?

If his background is with ITV, was it smart putting him in on the Beeb's biggest show? Where previous Executive Producers with ITV before?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I'm getting at is how dow we know if he is really committed to EE/BBC?

If his background is with ITV, was it smart putting him in on the Beeb's biggest show? Where previous Executive Producers with ITV before?

Michael Ferguson who was EP between 1989-91 worked on The Bill prior to his appointment, Kirkwood would hardly of taken the job if he wasn't committed to the Beeb and EE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hulllad10 wrote: »
    Michael Ferguson who was EP between 1989-91 worked on The Bill prior to his appointment, Kirkwood would hardly of taken the job if he wasn't committed to the Beeb and EE

How do we know that Kirkwood won't ruin EE and go back to ITV/independant tv?

Did Ferguson come back to EE btw? Name sounds familiar but not as far back as then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do we know that Kirkwood won't ruin EE and go back to ITV/independant tv?

Did Ferguson come back to EE btw? Name sounds familiar but not as far back as then.

I highly doubt he's ruining the show, this last two weeks have being very telling of what he can achieve and the baby swap though you may see it as twisted it is actually more true to the Ronnie we know because of how she has been delveloped under DS/DTC