ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else there last night? OH MY GOD, what a show!! :D

Comments

• Options
    FrangipangeFrangipange Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I was! It was amazing, one of the best shows I've ever been to, loved every minute of it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where were you? I went for the pit - my first time in there and OH MY GOD that was amazing. I don't know why I've never been in there before, it made it all about a million times better, and worth standing in the rain for what, five or six hours for! I'm not exaggerating when I say I was drenched to the skin. All my clothes were soaked right through, and I nearly didn't get in because my ticket was disintegrating despite being inside an envelope inside a plastic bag inside a goretex handbag!

I am feeling it today! I have weird blue stains all over my feet, sore feet, achey back, ringing ears, the works, but it was totally worth it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sounds like you had a fabulous time!!

We literally walked in at five past seven after a hairy journey across the M62. Thought we were going to miss the start but thankfully we made it.

Ended up about half way back, to the left of the stage. I struggled to see anything at times but that didn't matter, like I said, I loved every minute!!

I went with my non-fan husband and by the end, even he was converted. We both had such a good time, want to do it all over again. I'm hoping there is decent coverage of his set at The Isle of Wight festival this weekend.

Listening to Born to Run will now always remind me of singing and dancing in the rain!

BRUUUUUUUUCE!!! :D
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He and the band are playing at the Isle of Wight Festival on Sunday, headlining on the main stage - of course.

And to add to the excitement my grandson's band are on there tomorrow but they are the first act on - not bad for a bunch of 17 year olds!

IWFestivalprogramme2.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    He and the band are playing at the Isle of Wight Festival on Sunday, headlining on the main stage - of course.

And to add to the excitement my grandson's band are on there tomorrow but they are the first act on - not bad for a bunch of 17 year olds!

IWFestivalprogramme2.jpg

Ooh, well done and good luck to your grandson! How exciting!

I'm really looking forward to Bruce at the IoW, should be good.

I saw a lot of converts last night Frangipange - met several people in the pit who had dragged a long a friend/partner/sister etc and they were all totally buzzing when they left. One of the guys near me had seen loads of other bands over the years but never Bruce, and said that it was the best show he'd been to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd agree with that. I've been to see many bands and been to loads of festivals and I'd say last night was in my top 3.

I'm not old enough to have seen him in his 'heyday' but seeing him last night at the age of 62 makes me wish I could have done, it must have been brilliant!!
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My OH is a massive fan, he is going to see him at Hyde Park next month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd agree with that. I've been to see many bands and been to loads of festivals and I'd say last night was in my top 3.

I'm not old enough to have seen him in his 'heyday' but seeing him last night at the age of 62 makes me wish I could have done, it must have been brilliant!!

Last night was only my third time, so obviously I missed the early years. But I really don't know that they were a heyday to be honest. I know lots of fans now who've been going to gigs since the 70s, and they say he just keeps getting better and better. He still does new stuff, he's still massively energetic, he still gives a fully commited performance. The only difference in the early days was that he had less material and a bit more hair!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    But I really don't know that they were a heyday to be honest. I know lots of fans now who've been going to gigs since the 70s, and they say he just keeps getting better and better. He still does new stuff, he's still massively energetic, he still gives a fully commited performance. The only difference in the early days was that he had less material and a bit more hair!

I agree entirely. Was thinking more along the lines that he was unbelievably hot when he was in his 30s :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree entirely. Was thinking more along the lines that he was unbelievably hot when he was in his 30s :D

Haha! Well yes. But he's not bad now either!

Here are my photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ginger_elanor/sets/72157630251406734/with/7426279356/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the great Ian Prowse ‏@IanProwse
    #Springsteen in Manchester last night? Funny, heartbreaking, daft, showman, beautiful. And more serious than death itself.
  • Options
    wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    Haha! Well yes. But he's not bad now either!

Here are my photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ginger_elanor/sets/72157630251406734/with/7426279356/

fantastic pictures!!

I was there last night and in Sunderland on Thursday. Huge fan and have been going to see him since the 80's and I agree that he and the band are even better now that then.

He is the only "veteran" rock star who still makes relevant and credible music and the new album is awesome on record and even better live.

Last night in particular he was magnificent
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    I was the Stadium of Light gig and it was amazing. We stood in the rain all day but truely worth the wait. It didn't rain from when he took to the stage though :D.

The friendships between the E Street Band really does come across on stage and you understand what he is nicknamed 'The Boss' after seeing his shows.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the great Ian Prowse ‏@IanProwse
    #Springsteen in Manchester last night? Funny, heartbreaking, daft, showman, beautiful. And more serious than death itself.

Absolutely! Sums it up perfectly in so few words.
    fantastic pictures!!

I was there last night and in Sunderland on Thursday. Huge fan and have been going to see him since the 80's and I agree that he and the band are even better now that then.

He is the only "veteran" rock star who still makes relevant and credible music and the new album is awesome on record and even better live.

Last night in particular he was magnificent

Thanks! Wasn't it amazing? I loved the Wrecking Ball stuff last night, it was so powerful.
    I was the Stadium of Light gig and it was amazing. We stood in the rain all day but truely worth the wait. It didn't rain from when he took to the stage though :D.

The friendships between the E Street Band really does come across on stage and you understand what he is nicknamed 'The Boss' after seeing his shows.:)

Absolutely, I think that's my favourite thing about them - they are obviously all so close. And the night was full of Clarence too, it was so perfectly done without being mawkish or heavy handed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Wasn't the sound quality fantastic

We were up on the top deck (Colin Bell stand - stage to our left) between the penalty area and the half way line

What an amazing show

Hadn't seen him since the reunion tour in 1999 - first ever show was Born In The USA

Must admit after the big man died I thought that he might never tour again - fantastic tribute to him at the end in Freeze-Out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah the sound was fabulous! And the Clarence bit in Freeze Out was just beautiful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Absolutely! Sums it up perfectly in so few words.

Thanks! Wasn't it amazing? I loved the Wrecking Ball stuff last night, it was so powerful.

Absolutely, I think that's my favourite thing about them - they are obviously all so close. And the night was full of Clarence too, it was so perfectly done without being mawkish or heavy handed.

Yes Wrecking Ball is an absolutely magnificent album but live with the band it is a whole different level - Jack of All Trades is spine tingling Shackled is immense as is Wrecking Ball and We Are Alive.

The Clarence stuff was done with exactly the right balance of sadness and joy - just the class you expect from Bruce.

I was trying to sum up what it is about him to a friend who is a casual "liker" of some of his stuff but says he's too serious and can't understand why people would want to watch 3 hours:eek: and I said to her that she needs to see him to get him. When he's serious it's because he is saying something important that we should all think about but just before he gets carried away with it he says "what the **** let's party" and then is the silliest more hilarious performer you have ever watched. He makes you think, he makes you cry and he makes you laugh - all in the space of 3 fabulous hours and he can do that because he has the songs to take you anywhere he wants you to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Wrecking Ball is an absolutely magnificent album but live with the band it is a whole different level - Jack of All Trades is spine tingling Shackled is immense as is Wrecking Ball and We Are Alive.

The Clarence stuff was done with exactly the right balance of sadness and joy - just the class you expect from Bruce.

I was trying to sum up what it is about him to a friend who is a casual "liker" of some of his stuff but says he's too serious and can't understand why people would want to watch 3 hours:eek: and I said to her that she needs to see him to get him. When he's serious it's because he is saying something important that we should all think about but just before he gets carried away with it he says "what the **** let's party" and then is the silliest more hilarious performer you have ever watched. He makes you think, he makes you cry and he makes you laugh - all in the space of 3 fabulous hours and he can do that because he has the songs to take you anywhere he wants you to go.

Exactly! And he never takes himself too seriously either, and clearly just LOVES performing, loves his audience and his band. I don't think I've ever seen a performer so alive and so into what he's doing. And the enthusiasm is so infectious too.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds awesome. I'm off to see in at Hyde Park in a few weeks. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    Sounds awesome. I'm off to see in at Hyde Park in a few weeks. Can't wait.

If he's anywhere near as amazing as he was last night then you're in for a treat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly! And he never takes himself too seriously either, and clearly just LOVES performing, loves his audience and his band. I don't think I've ever seen a performer so alive and so into what he's doing. And the enthusiasm is so infectious too.

exactly - the love between the band and the audience is tangible. Bruce and Stevie still play like two guys who've been friends since they were 16 and can't believe their luck
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I think what comes across so clearly, to first timers as well as the old hands, is how genuine and honest it all is.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he's anywhere near as amazing as he was last night then you're in for a treat!

I don't doubt it :). I saw him at Hyde Park a couple of years ago and he was ruddy amazing then.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't care what anyone else says,he's still the best live entertainer on the planet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, I think I've lost it! I'm just watching this video for about the 18th time in a row:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqzd6OLN8Aw
    (Twist and Shout, Curt Ramm falling over, the crowd going bonkers...)

And I'm starting to think that a tattoo would be cool! Argh, I think it must be a mid life crisis.