The US vs john lennon

Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I watched this last night . Very intresting documentary about how John Lennon made a lot of enemies during the Vietnam war era in the Nixn administration and elsewhere . There were lots of interviews with figures both sympathetic and hostile to Lennon. The film got me thinking how lennon would have reacted had he been alive today to events such as 9-11 and the afghan and Iraq wars . My opinion is he'd have been horrified by 9-11 and tactfully supported the afghan invasion but he would have been against the Iraq war.

Comments

• Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this last night . Very intresting documentary about how John Lennon made a lot of enemies during the Vietnam war era in the Nixn administration and elsewhere . There were lots of interviews with figures both sympathetic and hostile to Lennon. The film got me thinking how lennon would have reacted had he been alive today to events such as 9-11 and the afghan and Iraq wars . My opinion is he'd have been horrified by 9-11 and tactfully supported the afghan invasion but he would have been against the Iraq war.
    Feel free to move this to GD if you feel it's more appropriate there
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Just as I opened this thread 'Mind Games' by Lennon starts on Vintage TV. Spooky.