Watching some Karen interviews...

OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
Forum Member
✭✭
(Gillan that is)

Just watching some interviews/outtakes with Matt/Karen...I could quite easilly fall in love with this girl! She's ****ing ADORABLE!! I'm gonna miss her interviews!

Comments

• Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    (Gillan that is)

Just watching some interviews/outtakes with Matt/Karen...I could quite easilly fall in love with this girl! She's ****ing ADORABLE!! I'm gonna miss her interviews!

I already have, fell during the series 5 promotion.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (Gillan that is)

Me too, and interviews she, Matt and Arthur did together as well.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vm9axcAb3s&feature=relmfu

Skip to 0:28...My heart melted...That's possibly the most precious and adorable thing I've ever seen in my life.
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vm9axcAb3s&feature=relmfu

Skip to 0:28...My heart melted...That's possibly the most precious and adorable thing I've ever seen in my life.

It's moments like that (and of course her final scene) that make me wonder how anyone can criticise her as an actress, she's so completely different to her character, just watching Amy (particularly in series 5), you'd never guess the actress was like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I am a member of the Bored-of-Amy-and-we-hate-her brigade, Karen Gillan seems really nice. She seems very friendly and always has fun in interviews with Matt and Arthur. Karen > Amy. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's moments like that (and of course her final scene) that make me wonder how anyone can criticise her as an actress, she's so completely different to her character, just watching Amy (particularly in series 5), you'd never guess the actress was like that.

Amy wasn't horrible, was she?
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's kind of odd, but I like Karen so much more than I liked Amy. Karen is so funny, bubbly, and seems genuinely nice, whereas I've always found Amy rather cold. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZf_KJ4kQ8g

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA "Errrrrrrrr don't touch me". SHE'S SO CUTE!!! LOL
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's kind of odd, but I like Karen so much more than I liked Amy. Karen is so funny, bubbly, and seems genuinely nice, whereas I've always found Amy rather cold. :o

Similarly, I like Catherine Tate better than any of her characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Similarly, I like Catherine Tate better than any of her characters.

Goes without saying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching a Frankie Boyle DVD...I'd like to put him and Karen on a chat show together and see how long it takes him to make her cry...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never liked Amy but always loved Karen. She seems so funny and nice. She is a really good actress too. It's such a shame (in my opinion) that they wrote the character of Amy the way they did
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (Gillan that is)

The wonderful thing is she's exactly the same in real life as you'd expect. Got the chance to go on a set visit to her next film and she's totally focused when shooting then back talking and joking with everyone the minute the cameras stop. Unbelievably gorgeous too and incredibly generous with her time at the end of a very long day.

I've said this before but she's been a hell of a good promotional force for Doctor Who and I think the show really will miss her a great deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The wonderful thing is she's exactly the same in real life as you'd expect. Got the chance to go on a set visit to her next film and she's totally focused when shooting then back talking and joking with everyone the minute the cameras stop. Unbelievably gorgeous too and incredibly generous with her time at the end of a very long day.

I've said this before but she's been a hell of a good promotional force for Doctor Who and I think the show really will miss her a great deal.

That must have been amazing.
    Forum Member
    Amy wasn't horrible, was she?

No, I just mean that their personalities are completely different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I just mean that their personalities are completely different.

Yeah. It actually breaks my heart to think of Karen being upset about anything...Amy...Pshhhh....Who cares...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I love the fact that she appears to have no ego at all. She seems like just the kind of person you would immediately want to make friends with, if you met her in real life.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could tell that Matt was completely in love with her, particularly in the early days, and I always thought 'who can blame you?' She's like a force of nature!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could tell that Matt was completely in love with her, particularly in the early days, and I always thought 'who can blame you?' She's like a force of nature!

Yeah I reckon he had a thing for her at one point. Like you say, back in the early days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I reckon he had a thing for her at one point. Like you say, back in the early days.

I noticed that .. he was like a little lovesick puppy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torry_Z wrote: »
    I noticed that .. he was like a little lovesick puppy!

He did seem to ge over it later on though tbf.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did seem to ge over it later on though tbf.

yeah I think once they'd worked together for a while they gelled better. He was less awestruck and she got his humour better.
  • WhoMadWhoMad Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Torry_Z wrote: »
    yeah I think once they'd worked together for a while they gelled better. He was less awestruck and she got his humour better.

They definitely became more comfortable together and know a lot more about each other.

Yeah that's probably true although at Comic Con this year he called her beautiful....
    Forum Member
    WhoMad wrote: »
    They definitely became more comfortable together and know a lot more about each other.

Yeah that's probably true although at Comic Con this year he called her beautiful....

He's just stating a fact, Steven Moffat has called her a goddess and one of the most beautiful women you'll ever meet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is beautiful!