Comments

• DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <deleted>
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    Have you ever tried to choose a new purchase by going off what people say on one of those aggregating review sites? You would think that most manufacturing companies were incapable of building something as simple as a working door ("V.disappointed. I will never buy from this company again. Door worked fine for about 5 minutes and I was able to get from the lounge to the hallway and back again, but when I tried to use it to get from the lounge to the kitchen it just led me back into the hall. My money back please").

The internet gives us the freedom to whine and complain and displace all the aggression and tension 'real' life provides without having to bother the dog, and I daresay for some it is a useful safety valve to be able to vent about something so inconsequential as a TV show in relative anonymity. Looking at the poll results for the last few episodes the majority place it as excellent to average, so if the threads themselves do appear disproportionately negative I would say that is just par for the course on the internet and is likely to remain so unless more people start getting militantly nice and start an aggressive policy of positive posting.

That's so true! :) Reviews of many products seem about as relevant as reviews of TV shows. Sometimes it seems that people can't follow basic instructions to get whatever they've bought to work as it should.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that Asylum has been the only decent episode this series still doesn't make me want to whine half as much as some posters (doesn't mean I'm not crying inside! xD).