Options

Help - Wharfedale Hack needed!

Please help!
I have the Wharfedale DVD750 and it has so far performed admirably. I have just come into posession of a Region 1 copy of 3 Kings and am wanting to play it.
To quote DVD Magazine (Issue 1, Summer 2000) "You can decode the player easily, using the remote handset, to play discs from overseas"
Well, there is no obvious way to do this and Wharfedale Tech Support are not being helpful.
If anyone knows how this could be done, or alternatively anyone I could contact who may be able to help (phone or email), it would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first generation of Wharfedale players sod before June 2000 can be Region modified as follows:-
    Make sure player is empty.
    Open disk tray and insert the Region 1 disk but do not close it.
    Press 0 1 2 3 in succession on the remote.
    The deck should now play this disk and any other kind
    If this fails then try again.

However the latest generation players have been change and this particular hack no longer works.

Information from What TV and Video April 2000
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I've got it!!!

The nice guys at DVD Magic were able to give me the hack!
    I confirmed it by doing a search on google.co.uk

For anyone else with a Wharfedale who has not yet got the hack to play Region 1 discs, this is how it is done.

Turn the player on.
    Open the disc tray and place the R1 disc on the tray (DO NOT CLOSE THE TRAY).
    Using your remote, type 0,1,2,3,PLAY.
    The tray should now close and the disc should load. If it does not then close the tray manually and then press play.

This a 1 off fix, you should never need to repeat this hack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    It's lucky for some.....for my Samsung DVD709 I have to buy a seperate remote whch costs £35!!!

:( .::digisat::. :(