Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Oh lead opener would suggest to me like the main opener, like top billing of the support?
    Guess we will just have to wait and see,

well 36 with no promo is pretty great :)
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know I just realized that Demi's tour is right around the Olympics, isnt it? And we in the US really love the Olympics. So any press LM may get will probably be way down the priority list.
    Forum Member
    Maybe they can get Move onto an Olympic highlights montage,!

They seem to be queens of the backing track heard Move on an advert for a new series if something on itv2 this morning!
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Little Me' is up to #11 on iTunes. Could still have a shot at top 10 after all - very unlikely this week but I hope it can creep in next.
    Forum Member
    'Little Me' is up to #11 on iTunes. Could still have a shot at top 10 after all - very unlikely this week but I hope it can creep in next.
    Well now all the Christmas songs and new yr countdowns are over, the video is likely to get more plays on tv and the song more spins on radio I guess, so hopefully that will help!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well now all the Christmas songs and new yr countdowns are over, the video is likely to get more plays on tv and the song more spins on radio I guess, so hopefully that will help!

Yep! And there's the fact that there's essentially no releases that look to trouble the top 10 next week. Then again, it could do a CYL and stall at #11 on iTunes. That was incredibly frustrating.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Omg Little Me 11 on iTunes really hope it goes top 10 .
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    from buzzjack
    Move 275,400
    DNA album 335,500
    Salute 189,300
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when exactly their holiday started, they must have around two weeks left by now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    Does anyone know when exactly their holiday started, they must have around two weeks left by now

23rd Dec by my reckoning.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I think it was the 21st I think the day before they were having an early birthday party for jade
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently they are roughly at 3,600,000 WW.
    I'm going to guess that by the end of the campaign they will be at 5,000,000.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    from buzzjack
    Move 275,400
    DNA album 335,500
    Salute 189,300

I loved the response to the Wings/Cannonball estimate request:

"471.5k, Cannonball did not chart in 2013."

Adios Cannonball.
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's amazing.

It's funny looking back at how everyone said they wouldn't last/they would be out in Week 2 etc.

They've come along way. :)
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's amazing.

It's funny looking back at how everyone said they wouldn't last/they would be out in Week 2 etc.

They've come along way. :)

I know, I'm so proud of them!
    In my opinion (it may be bias) I believe the success should be switched between them and 1D. They're a much better group.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One thing I've never understood is critics saying, "But that's not in the UK". So what, a sale is a sale. Also they havent yet resorted to the 59p sale gimmic yet (I dont think?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a great Friday update for LM - album down to #30 and 'Little Me' and 'Move' are at 21 and 20, respectively. Miffed at how the former is so low, since I'm pretty certain it's never been that far down on iTunes, even with everything combined. Hopefully it'll climb a bit when all the old new-year boosted tracks die down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little over 2 weeks now since the Little Me video came out. 2.2 million views.

Didn't Move have a million after 24 hours?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a great Friday update for LM - album down to #30 and 'Little Me' and 'Move' are at 21 and 20, respectively.

What happened, is there a sale going on?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I am listening to Salute as I type this, I got the deluxe for Christmas so it is still pretty fresh to me, I love Little Me but the video is pretty dull and makes me cringe, I can totally understand people not watching it over and over on youtube.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Doesn't come as a great surprise to see a fall after Christmas. Presents have been bought and vouchers spent. Also a single out that's not exactly setting the world alight.
    I love Little Me but the video is pretty dull and makes me cringe, I can totally understand people not watching it over and over on youtube.

I think we are on the same page. It's all a bit too much for me. Also I just considered the other day that a lot of YouTube views for songs come from people simply listening - if a song in the video is broken up with talking bits people won't use it for that purpose & use the many lyric/audio videos instead. It's that bit in the middle during the strings....
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not including the non album sport relief single but I am wondering if Little Mix will ever get a post album top 10 single.

Another thing is if the sport relief single goes to #1 then half of their number 1's will be covers! haha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well iTunes have some really good albums that they have discounted to £3.99 ........ This could by why.
    Or Christmas is over.
    Or Little Me is not doing it, maybe it has stopped the momentum that Move created?

Edit: The main thing is that they have maybe hit the 200k mark. So hopefully the charity single helps to sell the album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Not including the non album sport relief single but I am wondering if Little Mix will ever get a post album top 10 single.

I think that their team needs to stop releasing singles for "the fans" and release songs that would be universally liked. Because their fans have already got the song so it will be no point releasing it for them.

Or maybe they just wanted Little Me to help sell the album.
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    Little over 2 weeks now since the Little Me video came out. 2.2 million views.

Didn't Move have a million after 24 hours?

I stopped worrying about Little Me now cause I know...
    A bomb is about to drop!!
This discussion has been closed.