Android microSD Card files

R410R410 Posts: 2,991
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have sent my phone away for repair but I have kept hold of the memory card, it will be coming back clean without any of my Will the phone add the files it needs back on to the memory card?

There just seems to be a lot of memory used and I haven't got that many of my files on it.

Comments

• tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't be an issue. Though I would back up the card before reinstalling any apps on the phone.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R410 wrote: »
    I have sent my phone away for repair but I have kept hold of the memory card, it will be coming back clean without any of my Will the phone add the files it needs back on to the memory card?

There just seems to be a lot of memory used and I haven't got that many of my files on it.

Your phone will read the files on the SD card without any issue if that is what you mean - part of you post is missing.

As lack of space - can you stick it into a PC card reader to have a look properly at its contents?
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't make it very clear did I?

Basically I just want to know if I have to leave anything on the Memory card in case it is needed for the phone to ring, or if I am able to delete it all.

It is a 2gb card with 1.83gb of space, and even with all of my personal files removed there is only 804mb free.

Would it matter if I deleted everything off of the memory card?
    Would the handset still function without these files on the memory, and would the handset just reproduce them when it is inserted back into the phone when I get it back?
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be handy to know the phone.
    If you delete stuff from the SD you will lose photos as a minimum.
    If you install apps and they automatically move their files to the card or you use move to SD card, then if you wipe the card, those files will go.
    Now, on reinstall the files will be recreated, but any user data will be lost. You may not wish to lose the data eg downloaded files pictures, email attachments.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orange San Francisco 2.

I have already removed my photos and other personal files and stored them on my computer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you get the phone back you can always format the SD card within the phone if you wanna clear it and you start from scratch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you get the phone back you can always format the SD card within the phone if you wanna clear it and you start from scratch.
    Thanks this is what I wanted to know.