Options

No picture on Parliament

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
Forum Member
My 9200T has been almost faultless since I upgraded the software in December, only locking up twice since then.
However I have discovered a recent bug on my 9200T.
I get sound but no picture on Parliament (just a blank screen). Everything else works fine - news multi screen, teletext and BBCi. Does anyone else have this problem? My idTV gets the picture so it is transmitting (Blackhill TX) a picture.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Sounds like you have MHEG disabled, is there a menu option to enable it? There is on my digifusion PVR
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    captain wrote:
    Sounds like you have MHEG disabled, is there a menu option to enable it? There is on my digifusion PVR

No such option on the Humax.

For the OP seems to work fine on mine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This from the BBC web site:

Why am I losing my BBC Parliament quarter screen picture via my DTT adapter?

Some viewers using digital adapters may experience loss of picture on BBC Parliament. If this happens, we recommend that viewers switch their adapter off and then on again, which should rectify the fault.

This is a short term measure until we can establish the cause of the problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have switched it off several times but still no luck :(

It did work before it changed its channel number - and I have tried re-scanning, but as I said the news multi screen works fine - is this not sort of the same screen as Parliament? although accessed a different way :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    okioki wrote:
    I have switched it off several times but still no luck :(

It did work before it changed its channel number - and I have tried re-scanning, but as I said the news multi screen works fine - is this not sort of the same screen as Parliament? although accessed a different way :confused:

The web site I was looking at for you mentions viewing problems that also occur when you can see the picture but with no sound or the other way round. Would be worth sending an email to both BBC and Humax and see what their advise is. okioko I cant remember seeing anything like this on the forum so I can't really research a bit for you. But it might be worth having a search anyway in case its something that has come up before and what was done. Good luck!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    OK, I'll bite - WHY would anyone be interested in watching BBC Parliament anyway - wouldn't it be easier to just go out into the back garden and watch the grass grow ??

Cliff

(OK, OK, I know it's budget day but you can bet there'll be FULL SCREEN coverage of that on BBC News24 and Sky News anyway)
  • Options
    JAK99JAK99 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    okioki wrote:
    My 9200T has been almost faultless since I upgraded the software in December, only locking up twice since then.
    I get sound but no picture on Parliament (just a blank screen). Everything else works fine - news multi screen, teletext and BBCi. Does anyone else have this problem? My idTV gets the picture so it is transmitting (Blackhill TX) a picture.

Try doing a channel rescan. Odd things happened when they moved it from channel 85 to channel 81. If you haven't rescanned the channels since it moved that ought to sort it out. My 8000T lost the sound on that channel until rescanned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    okioki wrote:
    I got this problem, when the channel number changed from 85 to 81.

Re-scanning did not fix it, but doing a factory reset did.

If you decide to do this you will not lose your recorded programs, but will have to set up again any scheduled recordings and any settings that you changed from the default setting, such as the aspect ratio for widescreen.

I had a similar problem on my iPlayer in that the Parliament channel just refused to move from 85 to 81, even when I did an automatic rescan. That was fixed by doing a manual scan of each of the muxes individually. It might be worth trying that with the Humax before you try a factory reset.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clanchief wrote:
    I got this problem, when the channel number changed from 85 to 81.

Re-scanning did not fix it, but doing a factory reset did.

If you decide to do this you will not lose your recorded programs, but will have to set up again any scheduled recordings and any settings that you changed from the default setting, such as the aspect ratio for widescreen.

I had a similar problem on my iPlayer in that the Parliament channel just refused to move from 85 to 81, even when I did an automatic rescan. That was fixed by doing a manual scan of each of the muxes individually. It might be worth trying that with the Humax before you try a factory reset.

Thanks everyone for your help - did a full rescan last night and it didn't fix it, but resetting to factory default worked :) .
    [next time I will take a note of my recording schedules :o ]