Doctor Who: Greatest Monsters & Villains

124»

Comments

• davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Yeah you're right' except for those 45 minutes where the master was disguised as a kindly professor then returned to kill chantho steal the tardis and leave the doctor stranded at the end of the universe that episode didn't feature the master at all!

Finally, the daleks have reclaimed the top spot from the weeping angels!
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Angles 2nd they are showing Blink, that leaves the Daleks and I'm presuming they'll use one of the stand alone episodes so it's gonna be either,

Dalek
    Victory or
    Asylum

Who knows what they'll pick
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah you're right' except for those 45 minutes where the master was disguised as a kindly professor then returned to kill chantho steal the tardis and leave the doctor stranded at the end of the universe that episode didn't feature the master at all!

Finally, the daleks have reclaimed the top spot from the weeping angels!

Nice sarcasm :)

It wasn't the master is was professer Yana he was a human h didn't know he was a time lord so hardly disguised now was it. he wasn't the master till the last 5 minutes :s
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Nice sarcasm :)

It wasn't the master is was professer Yana he was a human h didn't know he was a time lord so hardly disguised now was it. he wasn't the master till the last 5 minutes :s

IMO this quote sums it up:
    The professor was an invention. So perfect a disguise that I forgot who I am.

The professor was a disguise the master used to escape the time war.
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    I had a look as I was expecting it to cover the whole of Doctor Who and not just nu-who as the cyber-men were scarier in classic who for example
    Silence etc don't cut it as scary for me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

IMO this quote sums it up:

The professor was a disguise the master used to escape the time war.

Sums up he wasn't a time lord perfectly :) but sure okay you win what I said was wrong It was a master episode.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    This is good for those that don't have any DVD's of the Latest series!
    BAD for people that were looking forward to classic clips from the old days (like me!!):mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carey is just cute.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BAD for people that were looking forward to classic clips from the old days (like me!!):mad:

I was hoping for the same...:cry:

The odd 'stone of blood', an ice warrior, an old skool Sontaran, Weng Chiang... Boooo-Hoooo!
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if todays media savvy youngsters are even afraid of Dr Who, like my generation was!?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who the hell is this presenter aimed at??

Do young people today genuinely like this kind of witless pillock?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This probably just about sums the whole thing up.

Although I did enjoy seeing "ice warrior on a sub" again, it was on not that long ago and will probably be on again in a couple of months. Then they put on "giant cyberman stamps all over London, although Strangely no one remembers or reported" when there's a perfectly good nightmare in silver waiting in the wings (if they really wanted Nu who that is). The presenter was just someone they found hanging around outside the bbc or something, and said " ok you'll do, know much about doctor who?" "what's that?" "never mind, just read the auto cue and pretend you're a fan"
    This is the kind of thing that makes the bbc look like they haven't bothered as much as they should have.they could have been showing a program like this once a month, with a real celebrity fan, different one each time, showing a couple of episodes from each baddie or something, AND going back to 1963 of course to look for episodes. That could have got people worked up/kept them interested all year instead of having to wait what seems like forever until now.

Anyway. It's good that they are actually doing something, and there are some nice things going on, but then there are things like this...
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad they picked dalek over asylum and victory, much the best episode of the 3 and finally an ecclestone episode!
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad they picked dalek over asylum and victory, much the best episode of the 3 and finally an ecclestone episode!

Yes, and IMO Rose was much better with him.:)

Todd from Coronation Street was in it.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't Who good in the RTD era !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked victory:p but then again I saw it not long ago, and haven't seen dalek in a while, which is a very good episode too (all imo of course)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Victory was awful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I gave up after 5 mins because the presenter was so irritating

I was hoping for a mini documentary about each monster, which would include classic Who

But it seems that only the new stuff is being shown?

I've just been watching some of this now, and yes he is! He is talking as if he is presenting a CBBC programme, but it was shown on BBC3. His style of presenting reminds me of Steve Jones.