Started watching BB6 on youtube...

Comments

• Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    To show something of the range of opinions, I'll say this:

For me the ideal result in week one was Craig voted out and Mary walking. I wanted them both out, and nothing that happened later made me think I'd been wrong.

I thought Craig was one of the most loathsome characters to ever walk through the BB doors and did not offer even one great moment.

I've forgotten which of Tweedle Dum, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle **** Craig was in Science's brilliant description, but I suspect it was the one in stars.

Got to agree about the description of Craig. Horrendous young man. Even taking everything regarding the Anthony situation away, he was still a horrendous young man. I could not for the life of me understand exactly what it was about him that people found entertaining.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Craig had, undoubtedly, the most viciously disgusting VT on Launch Night ever. Normally, you have to take these VTs with a giant pinch of salt - people usually ramp it up for producers in the auditions to be noticed and selected to go in, but Craig was exactly like that!

He was bitchy, took great pleasure in other people's misfortune and was a complete spoiled brat.

It's hilarious to watch back now though. He was honest about how he'd look at someone and judge them for their appearance - whilst he's sitting there with an awful highlighted mullet! Remember that phase in the mid-00s when guys had mullets?!
  • dan_dan_ Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig was, apart from Shahbaz, probably the most unhinged person to enter the Big Brother House. It was uncomfortable to watch but he was a compelling housemate to watch and him falling in love with his straight best friend was a gripping storyline.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB6 is the best BB ever! !! If you've never seen it then you're in for a treat.

Get on Youtube to watch it before they delete it, which will happen one day.
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makosi was such a brilliant HM in the early days. She let herself down a bit after poolgate but she was a brilliant housemate.

One of my favourite ever quotes comes from Makosi during the 'Cidergate' row: "I don't want to hear from you Team Britney. Not you". Legend.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan_ wrote: »
    Anthony and Craig is the single most compelling, real story in Big Brother history.

Then you had great characters like snobby Tory Derek, scheming, hyper sexual, compulsive liar Makosi, cross dressing Muslim Kemal, a wannabee rapper called Science, a White Witch, Chav Couple Maxwell And Saskia.

Best Series ever. Best Cast ever.

Only 5, 7 and 10 even come close.
    Well said. Best one for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Also, something great I have noticed about this series, is that there is not one single housemate who hasn't added something to the show. Orlaith isn't as boring as a lot of people said she was. Don't get me wrong, she's not a exciting housemate, but she isn't that bad.

Derek and Makosi are the legends from this series for sure.
    Forum Member
    Just watched an episode where Craig is being even more creepier. He's like trying to touch Anthony and you can tell he's uncomfortable. :( Really disturbing to watch.

I would now say:
    1. Derek
    2. Makosi
    3. Anthony (Quite like him :blush: )
    4. Craig (Interesting to watch)
    5. Kemal (All he does is b**** about everyone, especially Orlaith)
    6. Eugene (Still annoying)
    7. Orlaith (Wish she'd stop moaning about wanting to leave)
    Forum Member
    Just seen the episode were Anthony is being sick. :o Oh my god. That was so uncomfortable to watch. Craig is so possesive and weird with him.
    Forum Member
    Kinga has come into now, and I have to say....I quite like her. :blush: I really wish she had been picked over Orlaith in the first place!!

Oh and Derek has just seen a monkey. :p
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was a great series everything was building towards the saskia v makosi confrontation in the early weeks the leaders of the respective groups.

It was also when I first posted on the ds forums.

Gawd I feel old:(

For more recent bb viewers a lot of the stuff seems shocking and would be pulled in modern bb.

You also had the likes of orlaigh showering naked and sunbathing topless in the garden
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Kinga has come into now, and I have to say....I quite like her. :blush: I really wish she had been picked over Orlaith in the first place!!

Oh and Derek has just seen a monkey. :p

That is just how I felt. Also, how on earth Orlaith stayed over Science I will never know :(

Kinga was a great BB HM whereas Orlaith was just like treading BB water.
    Forum Member
    I've finished it. :D

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this series. Derek has become one of my favourite housemates of all time along with Makosi. Both added so much to the series.

In the final, I really wish either Makosi or Kinga had won. :( Whilst she was only in there for a little while, Kinga provided more entertainment than Anthony did all series.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've finished it. :D

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this series. Derek has become one of my favourite housemates of all time along with Makosi. Both added so much to the series.

In the final, I really wish either Makosi or Kinga had won. :( Whilst she was only in there for a little while, Kinga provided more entertainment than Anthony did all series.

lol i hated derek with a passion one of my most hated hms ever his comment about joining the bnp because of science was enough for me.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched an episode where Craig is being even more creepier. He's like trying to touch Anthony and you can tell he's uncomfortable. :( Really disturbing to watch.

I would now say:
    1. Derek
    2. Makosi
    3. Anthony (Quite like him :blush: )
    4. Craig (Interesting to watch)
    5. Kemal (All he does is b**** about everyone, especially Orlaith)
    6. Eugene (Still annoying)
    7. Orlaith (Wish she'd stop moaning about wanting to leave)

yes i couldnt stand kemal either what a drama queen although he was entertaining i hated him.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    lol i hated derek with a passion one of my most hated hms ever his comment about joining the bnp because of science was enough for me.

Fully agreed on Derek. He was a nasty little man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    SG-1 wrote: »
    great series which come across much better on second viewing.

I agree, its the only BB during its classic run that needs rewatching more then once to get it in all its glory. I can see why some don't rate it as highly as others ( BB6 biggest fault is you haven't got a housemate to get behind and cheer on to win ( Eugene was the closet BB6 came to a likeable housemate but he came in halfway, although him winning half the prize money is a little victory ) as it is full of dislikeable, Egoist, bully slimeballs and wind up merchants you are likely to see in BB UK history.

Anthony to this day won BB simply down to the fact he didn't beat the crap out of the seriously deranged Craig, who was seriously going a little OTT with his man crush on him. It did lead to some classic moments but Anthony did handle it well. As housemate I just thought he hadn't a classic moment to him and was a bit of a dick especially to Eugene when he took the money (he seriously thought Eugene should have left it all to him). He always be in the bottom three worst winners list for me.

I always thought Science was trying to be Victor BB5 mark 2 but he didn't have Vic's likeability, he was a dislikeable arrogant sod at times which led to some classic moments with the bullying snob Derek and other housemates.

BB6 had one of the best and worst Evictions in BB UK history, The downfall of the arrogant power couple (well in their mind) Maxwell and Saskia, who thought they were untouchable was a thing of pure perfection only topped by BB7's Sezer. BB6 also had it's worst Orlaith ( I still think she was truly the first glamour model who used BB as a audition piece to sell her wears rather then as a experience) staying over Kemal and Science then taking a walk later so she could get herself into the Sunday papers really did take the wind out of BB6, although Kinga did brighten it up a little.

Sam, the young woman who I think could and should have been left out of the BB6 (BB 7 would have suited her more). She was far too innocent and a little to childish(her overdoing the sexy act was a little jarring as she offered nothing else) in a way to deal with the house of big characters. I always thought she didn't help herself ( Derek, I always stand by she spoke rudely to him and the bullying charge towards him a little harsh although he should haven't gone as far as he did and the other fault to her was throwing herself all over Anthony and Maxwell and ignoring the other housemates didn't help her when Maxwell and Anthony fell under the charms of Saskia who seriously disliked Sam and disowned her), Hiding her stuff and nearly all the housemates ignoring her (I think Science was the only one talking to her in the end) was sad and a little unsettling to see. Her been voted out in the end was a blessing in disguise.

I also remember Vanessa been voted out live in front of her housemates was a tough watch in a way. I felt for her even though I thought she was a useless housemate and a bit of a backstabber who sat in bed all day just eating ( I seem to remember she had one of the best audition tapes ever, which is why she's always in the top 10 most disappointing housemates lists most of the time).

Saying that BB6 still tops the list for me as it was amazing that even though no one was likeable and I didn't want any of the sods to win, it had the best fights, funniest one liners, the best downfalls for villains and OMG moments in the peak years of BB UK. It's the most rewarding and rewatchable BB to date for me ( BB5 was great up to Victor been voted out and BB7 is ruined by a obvious winner, Nikki show, going on far too long )
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just started watching this from the start as never seen it before! On day 5 and am liking Kamal,Lesley,(surprisingly :o but expecting that to change)Mary,Derick,Roberto and Anthony.
    Makosi is great so far but a bit annoying!Whether she'll stay like that once her task finishes remains to be seen!
    Not liking Science,Maxwell or Sam particularly..
  • sparkycookie1sparkycookie1 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    edited 30/06/20 - 23:00 #99
    Just found this thread as I'm rewatching my favourite series on YouTube!I
    Kemal remains my favourite housemate, and is now living as Zuleyka, who j also love. So witty and articulate... I would love to knowcwhat Zuleyka is up to now.

K8nga andxEugene are also big faves of mine, they haven't arrived yet in my rewatch but it's not going to change!!!

Ibemember liking Lesley too, even though no one else did. I could do a great impression of her, and she called Kemal fab In ep2... friend for life haha. I was only 14 when BB6 aired, so she didn't seem as immature to me as she would have to older viewers. I liked Sam too, neither antagonised Kemal lol... Sam bitched about Lesley too, including at the book signing where I met them all, but Sam was more subtle about it. I think they had enough in common that they could have been friends in different circumstances.

I don't remember hating Roberto so much first time around...how did I miss his bigoted drivel towards Kemal? Craig and Science also annoyed me with ignorant remarks, but like Sam, Lesley andcevenKemal £though I found his so called immature behaviour hilarious!) were very young then, Roberto should have known better, especially being a teacher. Roberto is also the only BB6er I didn't meet, so where I'm giving thenothers the benefit of thecdoubt to an extent, as they were lovely in person, I can't say the same for Roberto. I could have been pasta bombed! 🤩

Xxxx
  • star12umar30star12umar30 Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    Just found this thread as I'm rewatching my favourite series on YouTube!I
    Kemal remains my favourite housemate, and is now living as Zuleyka, who j also love. So witty and articulate... I would love to knowcwhat Zuleyka is up to now.

K8nga andxEugene are also big faves of mine, they haven't arrived yet in my rewatch but it's not going to change!!!

Ibemember liking Lesley too, even though no one else did. I could do a great impression of her, and she called Kemal fab In ep2... friend for life haha. I was only 14 when BB6 aired, so she didn't seem as immature to me as she would have to older viewers. I liked Sam too, neither antagonised Kemal lol... Sam bitched about Lesley too, including at the book signing where I met them all, but Sam was more subtle about it. I think they had enough in common that they could have been friends in different circumstances.

I don't remember hating Roberto so much first time around...how did I miss his bigoted drivel towards Kemal? Craig and Science also annoyed me with ignorant remarks, but like Sam, Lesley andcevenKemal £though I found his so called immature behaviour hilarious!) were very young then, Roberto should have known better, especially being a teacher. Roberto is also the only BB6er I didn't meet, so where I'm giving thenothers the benefit of thecdoubt to an extent, as they were lovely in person, I can't say the same for Roberto. I could have been pasta bombed! 🤩

Xxxx

btw were Lesley and Craig close at the book launch?
  • sparkycookie1sparkycookie1 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Craig was sat st thecend of thectable with his new crew, 2y8o3xaLesley was near him on the end of hers, near Mary and Kemal.

Xxxx