Options

Is he interested or just being friendly?

Comments

• Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandy73 wrote: »
    I just don't want to misread the signals again - I'm very good at that unfortunately
    If he's a train driver I'd hope he's very good at reading signals!
  • Options
    Mandy73Mandy73 Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    Good luck have got silly question how does he know where you work?
    If you say you work at Tescos there may be few in area where you get off the train or you may be working in the shops, office/warehouse

Thanks for the good luck!

I work in Boots and it's quite near the train station. Hadn't thought about that, re: he knowing where I work so it's not a silly question.

Maybe the one time he came in, he saw me by chance and didn't know that I worked there and just came out with what he said.

A bit of a random meeting, wasn't it?

Or was it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would carry on waving and smiling at him if you are interested in him.
    He spotted you at work and came in and said hi, so if he does that again it will show he is properly interested in you.

That is true - and is what I'm hoping for :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Born lippy wrote: »
    If you think of the courage it takes to ask someone out, especially if you are a sweet shy person, it's a bit callous to 'reply' to their gesture:

A) without even acknowledging it
    B) by presenting them, at work, with an image that will shock and upset them (him with his woman) without first warning them that he even is takin.

All he had to do was say he was flattered but already taken, I've done it enough times. He just sounds nasty and thoughtless really - insensitive and cowardly at best:-( I would be gutted!

And when he came in, he made a big point of showing the whole store, especially me, that he was taken. Never spoke to me again after that :( Probably thought he made his point.

I was gutted...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope you get a chance to chat, that would be most natural and you can look on his finger for a ring! go for it, you won't regret it :-) don't let past experiences put you off. Most men really respect a girl with the balls to go for what they want!

You should be a life coach! :D

Have to see what happens tomorrow; if I can indeed go for it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If he's a train driver I'd hope he's very good at reading signals!

Exactly! Here's hoping!

(God, somewhere his ears must be burning!)

Btw: sorry for the multiple posts - haven't worked out how to add multiple quotes to one post yet.
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My colleague got married as a result of a note. He was at court (he's a solicitor) and the female prosecutor was very rude to him. He noticed she was hot and thought to himself "this is the girl I'm going to marry" (apparently). She failed to acknowledge him, so he left a note with the usher with his phone number. They have been happily married for years. Perfect couple.
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should be a life coach! :D

Have to see what happens tomorrow; if I can indeed go for it!

Aww can't wait to hear, I'm rubbish with advice but really love romantic stories, and train stations to me are most romantic places in the world. Also there is nothing like a man in uniform, in life....

You deserve it, at least to lay the ghost after what happened with till receipt boy. if he ever comes to my till I'll drop his change on the floor by accident ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Xela M wrote: »
    My colleague got married as a result of a note. H was at court (he's a solicitor) and the female prosecutor was very rude to him. He noticed she was hot and thought to himself "This is the girl I'm going to marry" (apparently). She failed to acknowledge him, so he left a note with the usher with his phone number. The have been happily married fir years now. Perfect couple.

What a lovely story! And it gives me hope :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aww can't wait to hear, I'm rubbish with advice but really love romantic stories, and train stations to me are most romantic places in the world. Also there is nothing like a man in uniform, in life....

You deserve it, at least to lay the ghost after what happened with till receipt boy. if he ever comes to my till I'll drop his change on the floor by accident ;-)

Aww, bless you!

I just don't want to get my hopes up, but am excited to see if he's on driving duties this week.

A tuxedo does it for me as well as uniforms...

Oh, till receipt boy long left the store he worked, which was close to mine.

Do you work in a store too?
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    And when he came in, he made a big point of showing the whole store, especially me, that he was taken. Never spoke to me again after that :( Probably thought he made his point.

I was gutted...

So you'd told the whole store what you'd done? :o
    And how did you have time to write a note on his till receipt? In my experience it's out of the machine and in my hand with little time to think about writing anything on it. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you'd told the whole store what you'd done? :o
    And how did you have time to write a note on his till receipt? In my experience it's out of the machine and in my hand with little time to think about writing anything on it. :confused:

No, I didn't tell the whole store; he just made a big show of showing people he was with her.

And I used an old receipt that had one of those money off coupons on it to ask him - silly I know.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    Well maybe a tad impulsive.
    And tbh I doubt the rest of the store even noticed as they didn't know about it. A it cringey for you but your brain probably made more of it than there was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tell me about it; story of my life sometimes :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, bless you!

I just don't want to get my hopes up, but am excited to see if he's on driving duties this week.

A tuxedo does it for me as well as uniforms...

Oh, till receipt boy long left the store he worked, which was close to mine.

Do you work in a store too?

I used to work in Boots!
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon if you keep catching his eye and smiling/waving, it won't be long before he's nipping into Boots again. When he does (because I bet you he does), you can mention your birthday or whatever you like. If he says "Thanks but I'm taken," then all you have to do is stand behind others at the station.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I used to work in Boots!

"It's a small world after all..." :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Relly wrote: »
    I reckon if you keep catching his eye and smiling/waving, it won't be long before he's nipping into Boots again. When he does (because I bet you he does), you can mention your birthday or whatever you like. If he says "Thanks but I'm taken," then all you have to do is stand behind others at the station.

Good luck!

Yeah, I can just hide behind the Metro newspaper too! Not open to the Rush Hour Crush section.... ;-)

Thanks, I hope you're right as that'll be nice if he does. I just hope he doesn't think I'm demented...

... And I really hope his ears aren't burning...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can just hide behind the Metro newspaper too! Not open to the Rush Hour Crush section.... ;-)

Thanks, I hope you're right as that'll be nice if he does. I just hope he doesn't think I'm demented...

... And I really hope his ears aren't burning...

Haha! :D To be fair, it does sound like he likes you, so if he comes into the shop you might see a bit of lingering on his part (you know, goes back to the till because he 'forgot' something etc etc). Do you work on the till or around the aisles? I'm conjuring up scenarios where you manage to get a nice conversation going, putting him at ease, etc. :D

(Oh god, I'm a soft-arse!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha! :D To be fair, it does sound like he likes you, so if he comes into the shop you might see a bit of lingering on his part (you know, goes back to the till because he 'forgot' something etc etc). Do you work on the till or around the aisles? I'm conjuring up scenarios where you manage to get a nice conversation going, putting him at ease, etc. :D

(Oh god, I'm a soft-arse!)

Not soft-arse; try nice person and romantic like Born Lippy :)

I work on the tills and am in charge (sort of) of the drink and snacks, which is near the till and where I first saw him as I was putting out the day's delivery.

Have to see if he does so I can put these scenarios into practice. But if he's only been in once in the last 3/4 months, what does that say/mean?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not soft-arse; try nice person and romantic like Born Lippy :)

I work on the tills and am in charge (sort of) of the drink and snacks, which is near the till and where I first saw him as I was putting out the day's delivery.

Have to see if he does so I can put these scenarios into practice. But if he's only been in once in the last 3/4 months, what does that say/mean?

It means that now you're smiling and waving back at him at the station that he might just find a way to nip into Boots for "something for the weekend". :D Haha could you imagine him getting to your till with a packet of condoms, and saying to you "Do you like this sort, darlin', or would you prefer another?" :D Edit: or just buying XXXXXL size. :D

I'm TOTALLY only kidding! I just ruined my romantic side, didn't I? In all seriousness, now you're acknowledging him, he might nip in to buy a butty for his lunch. "Oh hi, I forgot you worked here!" (yeah, sure he did :D)

However, don't let that stop you implementing any plans of your own. There's usually a window in train drivers's cabs (or there used to be) so they can see what's going on on the platform behind them. You could walk up, tell him to open the window and hand a note through. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^^:-D
    Great idea about the window
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slip him a Sandwich Meal discount voucher or something. Then he'll have to come in again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It means that now you're smiling and waving back at him at the station that he might just find a way to nip into Boots for "something for the weekend". :D Haha could you imagine him getting to your till with a packet of condoms, and saying to you "Do you like this sort, darlin', or would you prefer another?" :D Edit: or just buying XXXXXL size. :D

I'm TOTALLY only kidding! I just ruined my romantic side, didn't I? In all seriousness, now you're acknowledging him, he might nip in to buy a butty for his lunch. "Oh hi, I forgot you worked here!" (yeah, sure he did :D)

However, don't let that stop you implementing any plans of your own. There's usually a window in train drivers's cabs (or there used to be) so they can see what's going on on the platform behind them. You could walk up, tell him to open the window and hand a note through. :D

It would just be like me to say something like that as I have no filter or censor. Was trying to flog a new mascara to a customer and she politely declined, saying she was "looking for something with length." I replied, sighing: "aren't we all?"

I hope he does that, so if I can see if there is something to this and I'm not seeing something that isn't there. 'Cos I've been down that road before - and not just with till receipt guy; the guy I was hung up on when train driver guy (blimey, how many guys?!) came into Boots.

I have a business card (I'm an aspiring writer) and have thought about dropping it in his window, but a) I am shy and I'll be embarrassed, especially if the other passengers sees me doing it; b) He might think: "wow, she's a bit too forward for my liking, I was just being friendly" or c) it'll drop on the floor and someone else will pick it up!

God, why can't I just make up my mind?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would just be like me to say something like that as I have no filter or censor. Was trying to flog a new mascara to a customer and she politely declined, saying she was "looking for something with length." I replied, sighing: "aren't we all?"

I hope he does that, so if I can see if there is something to this and I'm not seeing something that isn't there. 'Cos I've been down that road before - and not just with till receipt guy; the guy I was hung up on when train driver guy (blimey, how many guys?!) came into Boots.

I have a business card (I'm an aspiring writer) and have thought about dropping it in his window, but a) I am shy and I'll be embarrassed, especially if the other passengers sees me doing it; b) He might think: "wow, she's a bit too forward for my liking, I was just being friendly" or c) it'll drop on the floor and someone else will pick it up!

God, why can't I just make up my mind?!

Because it's scary - I don't blame you. Blokes get scared too, and we're not totally out of the old "boy asks girl" thing, I know.

Taking your points in order:

a) If anyone sees you doing it you tell them some bull about him asking for your solicitor friend's business card, so you thought you'd drop it in there. You sound chatty enough to be able to open the conversation with a fellow commuter. :) (Loved the mascara chat, I have to say - I'd have howled laughing and sent in great customer feedback!)

b) In this day and age, it's more likely he'll be chuffed to little mint balls with the approach, even if he's taken or even just being friendly, so don't worry about that.

c) You never know, some handsome fella might pick it up. :D

In other words, life's too short. You've just got to make sure you always have a Metro in your bag in case there's none at the station. :D