New v1.09 firmware RDR-GXD360, RDR-HXD560, RDR-HXD860, RDR-HXD1065

2»

Comments

• El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tadpole wrote: »
    Try: System Menu -> Setup -> DTV Settings -> Technical information -> Manufacturer information

Ta, will have a look tonight. I don't use that much really as I have Sky but I use it now and again. Is it an automatic download or do I have to request it/start it? :D
  • El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I have V1.01.09CE and it is set for auto update. :D
  • TadpoleTadpole Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like version V1.01.10 is being put out next week on both Mux 1 and Mux B, although the arrangement is only marked as provisional at the moment ...

http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 360 has just been upgraded from 1.00.03 to 1.01.10, I think it was via watching Life On Mars on BBC4 last night. The only major change I've noticed is it now switches on from standby a lot quicker and shows a freeview channel straight away, whereas beforehand there was quite a delay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have noticed a minor problem with the Teletext service on V1.01.10:

Go to Channel 3 text, then press blue for the full index, and move up and down the list. The background isn't always cleared correctly as you move from one selection to another.

And the new software is being sent out again this coming weekend and next weekend, bugs and all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I just got a GXD360 and the software is still 1.01.08

Is there any way I can update the firmware without having to wait for an Over-The-Air update?
  • CPNCPN Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just got a GXD360 and the software is still 1.01.08

Is there any way I can update the firmware without having to wait for an Over-The-Air update?

I'd like to know the answer to that too...
  • wobblerwobbler Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Looks like mine has never been updated from when I got it well over a year ago:
    'Software Version v1.00.03 CE'

I suspect the 'Digital Software Upgrade' doesn't work as I am in an area designated as rubbish for reception, although most channels are watchable apart from the occasional dropout.

Reading other msgs in here suggests I am stuffed.
    I wanted to upgrade the firmware to see if it cured a recent fault where the machine just decides to turn itself off during a recording.

Perhaps time to get something else, anyone else moved on from this machine to something similar?
    When I got it I was surprised to find there was no REC PAUSE facility.
    I could live without it though as I also still use an old RDR-GX3, nursed back to life after hacking lumps out of the front to fit a spare Sony writer ex PC, when it stopped recognising discs.