Options

The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board (3)

Comments

• Options
    SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    music girl wrote: »
    At last a little bit of information about Elaine Paige and Pasha! :p

From Daily Telegraph article -

they will be dancing to 'Jingle Bells'!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/strictly-come-dancing/10492048/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Rachel-Rileys-partner-to-star-opposite-Elaine-Paige.html

Thanks Music girl, looking forward to seeing their dance.:) Should be a good Christmas Special.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the links.:)

Susanna can't keep her hands off Pasha, hope this hasn't already been posted, haven't been on here much, keeping a low profile since new lay out.

https://twitter.com/PashaFan/status/407244401400762368/photo/1/large

Lol she certainly can't KA.:D
    Thanks for the link!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes Pashulty, hope you're OK. This thread is so quiet this year compared to last year's 'hyperactivity'.

Looking forward to seeing Marian Keyes on ITT panel on Friday evening!

What, Marian on panel this series,:o should have been on the last one too!:D
    Hopefully Pasha may get a mention then, will watch this one.;)
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the links.:)

Susanna can't keep her hands off Pasha, hope this hasn't already been posted, haven't been on here much, keeping a low profile since new lay out.

https://twitter.com/PashaFan/status/407244401400762368/photo/1/large

Cute :)
  • Options
    music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member

Yes music girl it is a lovely picture of them.

This one is just the opposite, gave me a laugh though.:devil:

https://twitter.com/TaraHmakeup/status/408372787238031360/photo/1/large

Think Pasha could do with some ear clippers.:D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Baqmi8ECUAAO5HB.jpg:large
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Karma for your photos - the photo of the ear is 'ghastly'!! :o:o

Love the 'challenge trailer' photo - just hope Pasha can do his challenge on Friday and if Marian K is on the ITT panel - there could be such fun in the studio! Looks as if Russell Grant is also on the panel this Friday.
  • Options
    peppy5peppy5 Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for pics and links all, (well maybe not the Ear:s) not sure if this one has been posted

https://twitter.com/D8Iveta/status/408194430488051712/photo/1/large

pro dance rehearsal for the Fame dance. Thanks to Iveta for posting

eta also Katya and Pasha's site is being up dated - some gorgeous new pics but no news yet of the other dancers joining them on tour.

http://www.katyaandpasha.com/#/pasha/4572643046
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks you so much Peppy for info about the updated website - the photos are just amazing!

This one is my favourite so far…..

http://www.katyaandpasha.com/#/pasha/4572643046
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks Music girl and everyone who posted pics/links today.:)
    This is one gorgeous pic, love Katya's dress.
    Didn't know that Pasha would feature on tomorrow's ITT as well. Yay! Bit of a coincidence that Marian will be on too.;) She is such a laugh and will seek out the Kovalev I'm sure.;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems there will be no Marian on Friday's ITT - pity! :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member

NOOOOO!:(
    Will just tune in for Pasha's challenge now.
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's disappointing. This must be the only time where I would have watched the Friday panel to hear a specific person.

Funnily enough,I took a relative to a hospital appointment this week and in the waiting room was a magazine article about dealing with depression or something,concerning Marian Keyes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veSozo7x0UM&feature=youtu.be

The BBC Xmas trailer - notice Pasha around 0.15 for about 3 seconds! :)
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairly miserable support for Pasha in current favourite pro poll downstairs.
    There is the novelty of Kev,Ive, Ali 'n Any,but I suspect not turning the lovely Rachel into a stylish dancer has been punished by the fickle hordes.
  • Options
    Mrs McKovalevMrs McKovalev Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Fairly miserable support for Pasha in current favourite pro poll downstairs.
    There is the novelty of Kev,Ive, Ali 'n Any,but I suspect not turning the lovely Rachel into a stylish dancer has been punished by the fickle hordes.

Agreed jim, I think there was a lot of expectation of Rachel as she was young, slim and pretty and obviously dancing with the uber talented teacher Mr K. But her 'bambi on ice' style, in comparison to her peers on the show definately lead to her quick exit..... Indeed, that fickle lot show no mercy, even for our our gorgeous and twice finalist pasha. :(
  • Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed jim, I think there was a lot of expectation of Rachel as she was young, slim and pretty and obviously dancing with the uber talented teacher Mr K. But her 'bambi on ice' style, in comparison to her peers on the show definately lead to her quick exit..... Indeed, that fickle lot show no mercy, even for our our gorgeous and twice finalist pasha. :(

I don't think the poll has been up that long, though I agree people are quite fickle in general. I think Kevin is a great addition to the show and Aliaz too for that matter, but if it comes down to who is my favorite pro, nothings changed as far as I'm concerned, it's still Pasha all the way. Artem is doing well in the poll, he has a very strong fan base and, crucially, is still in the show with one of the favorites.

I agree with you totally, unfortunately for Pasha(and Rachel)the expectations were soo high! It's ok if you're a Vanessa, Debra, or Fiona, expectations are fairly low so if you do a mediocre dance that's applauded as a 'good dance'. Alas poor Rachel had no dance ability whatsoever, also her first dance was ok, so there was still that expectation there which she never fulfilled and Pasha was criticised by a few. Still, I have every faith he will be back next year and hopefully get a good run.

Thanks for all those that have posted links etc. :D.

Just out of curiosity, and I know it's off topic so feel free to shout at me, but as Pasha and Rachel are no longer in the competition, who are you all supporting to win?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your lovely post sradia - some excellent points!

This series is definitely not as exciting as the previous two years - mainly because Pasha and Rachel have been eliminated. I love watching Iveta and Anya's choreography and will be voting for Patrick and Anya from now on. Anything can happen at the finals - I would be also be happy if Kevin and Sussana won - they are a wonderful, cheerful couple and Kevin is a fantastic Pro!

I am hoping that Pasha and Anya will do another dance together over the next couple of weeks - the previous routine was quite short! :)

Just noted a tweet from Kristina - Kimberley and Denise at SCD this evening. ;-)
  • Options
    silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    Looks as though Kristina is partnering Pasha tonight. Hopefully she will post a photo.

Kristina Rihanoff ‏@KRihanoff 46m
    @Robinwindsor @RugbyBenCohen can't believe u r both abandoned me ... Oh well on the bright side I will be dancing with @PashaKovalev tonight

• Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veSozo7x0UM&feature=youtu.be

The BBC Xmas trailer - notice Pasha around 0.15 for about 3 seconds! :)

Thanks Music girl, way too brief, but at least he was there with Tess.:D
    Kimberley in the audience again and will see Pasha dancing with Kristina this time, yay.:) Keep hoping for an updated Pasherley pic, but Mr K prefers staying in the background it seems. Normally, I would say that is a good thing as Pasha cannot be accused of hogging the limelight, but on this occasion wish we had a pic of him and Kimberley again.
    Agree with you in that this series hasn't been nearly as good as the last few actually. Yes there are only the very good dancers left, but just not the same, too many "dramas" and don't get the same vibe either between them as a whole group, but only my opinion.
    You posted some very good points Sradia and agree there have been five newbies added to the show this year who, with the exception of Janette, all got paired with celebs with natural ability, though Mark was more entertaining than anything, but being an experienced actor, he could sell a dance. Think he and Iveta had a lovely partnership.:)
    Love the "uber talented" part Mrs McK and totally agree. Whilst others are very good, Pasha is the best.:) Each to their own though and if people want to be fickle, up to them, but no-one can take away the fact he appeared in two finals in two consecutive years away from him (or us.;-))
    In answer to your question Music girl, I suspect Kevin and Susanna will win and I would be pleased for them, but I really like Sophie and Brendan.
    Hi Silversandy, thanks for posting the tweet from Kristina. Wonder if she means the group pro number or are they dancing to the guest artist. So long as he is dancing don't really mind.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to hear from you Shona! Looking forward to the results tonight……...;-)

Have been checking the Pasha and Katya tour Facebook page and noticed that the 4 troupe dancers have been named -

So Ryan will not be dancing with Lindsey it seems. A young dancer from SA will join him and I found some recent photos of the two - her name is Marcella Solimeo.

http://elizemarephotography.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/just-dance.html

The other two dancers are James Wilson from the Wirrall who has worked on SCD in Turkey and danced in shows like Latin Fever. Jasmine Tackacs was a dancer in Strictly Confidential a few months ago and is one of the extra dancers in the current show. ;-);-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good to hear from you Shona! Looking forward to the results tonight……...;-)

Have been checking the Pasha and Katya tour Facebook page and noticed that the 4 troupe dancers have been named -

So Ryan will not be dancing with Lindsey it seems. A young dancer from SA will join him and I found some recent photos of the two - her name is Marcella Solimeo.

http://elizemarephotography.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/just-dance.html

The other two dancers are James Wilson from the Wirrall who has worked on SCD in Turkey and danced in shows like Latin Fever. Jasmine Tackacs was a dancer in Strictly Confidential a few months ago and is one of the extra dancers in the current show. ;-);-)

Thanks for the info. Music girl - may need to start calling you "Ace Detective.";-):) Glad Ryan is returning, though I really liked him and Lindsey dancing together, but maybe too awkward now.
    You mention Jasmine being an extra dancer on SCD, in Blackpool you mean and which routine was she in do you know Music girl? Thanks.
    Am glad that they tour with "relatively unknown" (for want of a better phrase) pro dancers, gives them a chance to showcase their talent.:) Though isn't Marcella the celeb girl whom Ryan won the SA version of the show with? Quite an honour for her really taking part in a dance tour with all professionals (if she is a celeb.)
    Then again, Kara took part in DTTM and was great so hopefully Marcella will be as well.
  • Options
    KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for photos Kartem! :):)

Shona - thanks for your kind comments. Yes I think things are probably too awkward between Ryan and Lindsey for them to dance at the moment. He is now based in Pretoria, teaching at his mother's large dance studio and Lindsey has moved down to Cape Town where her new partner works(actor/tv presenter).
    The young dancer Marcella is not the celeb Ryan was with in SA version of SCD - Marcella is an amateur ballroom/latin dancer who has been doing competitions in Blackpool etc. and is probably known or taught by the Hammond family.

I think there must be a great friendship between Pasha, Katya and Ryan and Mike if they are able to do another tour together! They obviously get on well together and Pasha and Ryan seems happy to do all the driving!! :o Ryan has a lot in common with Pasha - he loves nature, going on safaris, taking time out in the 'bushveld' and has this passion for dance and music.

You asked about Jasmin Takacs - do you remember the extra dancers they used at Blackpool? Well she is the girl with long dark hair - she danced with Abbey in the Salsa as well as with Iveta and Mark. Sometimes she had to wear a blonde wig. She does have a website - you can see more detail.

Enjoy the results show tonight everyone!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks KA, a lovely pic.:)