Options

Ghostbusters 3 set to get a "pair" of directors

nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
Forum Member
http://www.trailer-geek.com/movie/ghostbusters-3/

It looks like Ghostbusters will soon have 2 directors in the shape of the Phil Lord & Christopher Miller. They both done Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street.

I am just hoping that if anything Ghostbusters 3 is a continuation but doesn't stray to far from the first 2 movies.

Comments

• Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.trailer-geek.com/movie/ghostbusters-3/

It looks like Ghostbusters will soon have 2 directors in the shape of the Phil Lord & Christopher Miller. They both done Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street.

I am just hoping that if anything Ghostbusters 3 is a continuation but doesn't stray to far from the first 2 movies.

I have a feeling if this goes under way it'll be similar to how they made the new Indie film or the new series of Dallas with a new breed of actors aswell as the old
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last I heard of the script is that it would indeed be new actors and a "new breed". The originals would only have minor parts apparently. Obviously I suppose with Harold Ramis' death and Bill Murray's ongoing reluctance to commit to it, it might just end up being a whole new reboot with just Dan Ackroyd and Ernie Hudson having minor roles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Lord & Miller aren't bad shouts for the directing role, they have a habit of pulling off projects that shouldn't work (The Lego Movie, 21 Jump Street), so it would greatly improve my hopes for the project...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll believe it when it happens - it's been in the works for so long it's starting to seem stale.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The crazy thing here is Dan Aykroyd back in 2007 announced that there would be a Ghostbusters 3.He was on an American radio station when he announced it.

7 years on & the project isn't even off the ground yet.As the old saying goes Flogging A Dead Horse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    gerry d wrote: »
    The crazy thing here is Dan Aykroyd back in 2007 announced that there would be a Ghostbusters 3.He was on an American radio station when he announced it.

7 years on & the project isn't even off the ground yet.As the old saying goes Flogging A Dead Horse.

Watchmen spent 23 years in development hell, went through 4 studios and around 5 directors, before emerging to reasonably positive reviews. Don't write it off just yet...
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My own feeling is that they've put far too much in to getting Bill Murray on board again when it's clear he wasn't interested. Maybe if they'd have gone with an original idea in the first place it could have happened by now.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could technically kill off Ramis and Murray's characters in the film, have them appear as ghosts for one scene or something to give a nod to the fans of the original 2, and then have Ackroyd and Hudson appear now and then to train and support the new breed, with them eventually having to join them to assist in the climax of the film, and possibly even some more help from Murray and Ramis beyond the grave to get the job done.

Might be a bit touchy doing Ramis so close to his death though.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    They could technically kill off Ramis and Murray's characters in the film, have them appear as ghosts for one scene or something to give a nod to the fans of the original 2, and then have Ackroyd and Hudson appear now and then to train and support the new breed, with them eventually having to join them to assist in the climax of the film, and possibly even some more help from Murray and Ramis beyond the grave to get the job done.

Might be a bit touchy doing Ramis so close to his death though.

Ya think? Sheesh!
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The film most likely won't be released until 2016 or so, so it'll be 2 years anyway, and if the family give their blessing to it, I doubt it would be a problem, and probably rather fitting that one of his biggest comedy hits honoured him in a way by having him appear as a good ghost.
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what made ghost busters good was how well the characters interacted together and the comedy value, bill murray especially. i don't see the attraction of a third ghost busters without the same cast, they'll just be exploiting the name, i don't see the attraction with the same cast either as they are obviously too old now...
  • Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Hudson gets more lines.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    In a new development that I'm sure is purely coincidental to current demograph trends, the new Ghostbusters may have an all-female line-up:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/sony-hiring-bridesmaids-director-for-female-ghostbusters-reboot/

Who ya gonna call?...