Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    satellite wrote: »
    The truth is you have no idea what you're talking about. If you want to settle for mediocrity its up to you, but others might feel differently. FACT!

Ok, assuming you are correct and I have no idea what I am talking about. Being practical, who could or would replace Wenger?

Klopp? Haha as if, we hardly know anything about him and I don't think he's ready to leave Dortmund yet.

Simeone? His style of football isn't exactly that fun and he wouldn't want to leave Spain yet.

From the options out there, including who may even want to join us, I don't see any improving Arsenal as a brand, financially and trophy-wise.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Merson would fit in well on this thread. Very critical of the performance tonight.

Wenger's reason for not playing well is because we have so many players out.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    2p wrote: »
    Ok, assuming you are correct and I have no idea what I am talking about. Being practical, who could or would replace Wenger?

Klopp? Haha as if, we hardly know anything about him and I don't think he's ready to leave Dortmund yet.

Simeone? His style of football isn't exactly that fun and he wouldn't want to leave Spain yet.

From the options out there, including who may even want to join us, I don't see any improving Arsenal as a brand, financially and trophy-wise.

So you've fallen for the old 'be careful what you wish for'. Wenger can and will be replaced at some time, but never fear, I'm sure he'll pick his own successor.

And Arsenal as a brand - that says it all about you I'm afraid.
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul Merson such a Legend. He does love this club.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seriously? Improve us as a brand? :D

Who cares? We take a risk on somebody. At the moment we are going backward, I'd much rather see someone with ambition and a desire to win given a chance. If that means we don't always finish fourth ... great!
    Forum Member
    Merson would fit in well on this thread. Very critical of the performance tonight.

Careful - we're not allowed to agree with *whisper it*, the media - for fear we'll be branded as sheep.

But for what it's worth, he's not wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Merse loves the club and he tells it how it is. You could see he was getting speechless. No more excuses now. Next game needs to be better in Jan money has to be spent.

I do not think Satellite is saying. Its not just about who comes in. It is about needing a change. Aw is not getting younger and will leave soon anyway. The club needs change from top to bottom. Imo i do not trust Stan K and Ivan to go for a top name id expect someone like De boer tbh. I think at least it is something different. I do not think any new manger will come in and we will be world beaters. It will not happen and any fan who belives this is deluded. The club needs to be ambitious from the top. One you get a Owner who wants to win, we will see change and if Aw does not like it he gets sacked.

Personally id hate to see Aw sacked i do not think he should be. He should be be invited to resign come end of the season.
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Koscielny 45 +1 Palace
    Ramsey 90 + 1 Palace
    Sanchez 45 + 1 Beskitas
    Giroud 90 Everton
    Welbeck 90 + 1 Hull
    Gibbs 90 Anderlecht
    Podolski 90 + 1 Anderlecht

That's a lot of goals scored at the death since the Community Shield win
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, we made much harder work of that than it should have been. But 3 points is 3 points at the end of the day, in the group stages that's all you can ask for. We need to improve our performances though, can't continue like this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    Seriously? Improve us as a brand? :D

Who cares? We take a risk on somebody. At the moment we are going backward, I'd much rather see someone with ambition and a desire to win given a chance. If that means we don't always finish fourth ... great!

Great post, A new man coming in will stop these lot being lazy in fear of being dropped. I mean Chesney for example would have to earn his spot. Players like Jack as well

New man brings new ideas. We may hate his new ideas or love them. We may appreciate AW more when he goes tbh. He will always be the" guy who took the club to new heights"I just think a new man deserves a try and i think we will see who really is to blame. Aw or the board. (Off the field i mean)

As for who to bring in, according to bbc gossip Ancelotti is being lined up for end off season if AW goes back to Monaco.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Enjoy your 7 minutes Lukas.
    robborocks wrote: »
    Ridiculous time to bring him on.

Wasn't it.

I'll settle for a bit of luck but we need a whole lot more than that to make a season out of this.
  • robborocksrobborocks Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    The truth is you have no idea what you're talking about - FACT

If you want to settle for mediocrity its up to you, but others might feel differently. FACT!

We've been rebuilding for the past 8 years - FACT

On the back of loyal supporters who pay a fortune to go and watch Arsenal - FACT

Great post and plenty of FACTs for mr 2p
  • robborocksrobborocks Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The concern of a new manager should not be improving Arsenal as a brand or financially, it should purely be to win trophies. The fact Wenger is allowed to interfere with finances etc contributes to why our transfer activity is so poor.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Well we certainly made hard work of that - for what its worth the moment I turned the game on I found out they scored, and thought we never looked like coming back - credit to us for coming back I suppose with Gibbs' goal but we shouldnt have been in that position in the first place.
    But 3 points is 3 points I guess.
    Merson's words may have sounded harsh but I kinda agree with him.
    Forum Member
    Well, lets hope this victory gives us a kick up the arse and starts our season, thats all :D
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely shocking performance tonight.
    Pleased for Sanchez but the rest "fxxk me"
    We r going backwards.
    Was at the Hull game & back over for Burnley but if our performances don't improve that will be my last trip.
    I was really looking forward to this season but the wheels have come off.
    Forth spot I don't think this season.
    Really is time for the board to Seriously think of a replacement.
    I applaude Wenger success but eventually a change is needed.
    He is lacking a b plan,looks tired,players trying but nothing is happening & we have only played a few games in this new season.
    Absolutely no Spark in these performances.
    COYG
    Forum Member
    I agree with your post
    Sanchez is the only player who looks like he is trying his best for the club ATM (thats At The Moment, not a reference to a bank account/cash machine.... :p )
  • LOSGLOSG Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone on here still moaning that we didn't buy Balotelli?

• Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the doom and gloom on this thread? Arsenal won and look almost certain to reach the knock out stages which is much more than can be said of ManCity or Liverpool. Cheer up everyone. Who cares about the ugly football as long as you win at the end of it?
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Xela M wrote: »
    Why the doom and gloom on this thread? Arsenal won and look almost certain to reach the knock out stages which is much more than can be said of ManCity or Liverpool. Cheer up everyone. Who cares about the ugly football as long as you win at the end of it?

We're In a much easier group than City. Although City are a completely different team when playing in the CL for some inexplicable reason.

Also an improvement on last year would have been to top the group. Doesn't look like that will happen yet again this year so we will inevitably face a big team in the knockout stages where going by previous seasons, we get eliminated.

Don't forget we struggled to beat Anderlecht. Like Merse said, if we played Real Madrid last night we would have been thrashed 6 or 7-0 and I agree with him. Not every team will fail to take their chances the way Anderlecht did.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strange champions league season so far, a win next game as likely puts it to bed.

However again it's runners up and no doubt drawing Barcelona or bayern in the last 16
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No point in dwelling on yesterday. What is done is done, on to the next one. We need a response from the team thats all that matters now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're In a much easier group than City. Although City are a completely different team when playing in the CL for some inexplicable reason.

Also an improvement on last year would have been to top the group. Doesn't look like that will happen yet again this year so we will inevitably face a big team in the knockout stages where going by previous seasons, we get eliminated.

I think City's group is not that hard for the squad they have. Not saying they should top it just saying they should have been able to get out of it more easy then they are.

Liverpool still have a chance regardless of what happens in Madrid.

Chelsea well they have it in the bag. Funny they could qualify the same time as us though.

i think with pool and City finishing 2nd and maybe Barca and Athletico think we could get a decent 2nd round draw. Knowing us though we could win this group and still draw Barca. Dortmund are doing bad in the league we need to make sure we beat them well athome.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think City's group is not that hard for the squad they have. Not saying they should top it just saying they should have been able to get out of it more easy then they are.

Absolutely agree with this. It's laughable that they are blaming the draw when Bayern did everything they could to help them. They should have been in comfortable second place.
    Forum Member
    Xela M wrote: »

Remind me who you support again?
This discussion has been closed.