Any Baggie fans here??

Comments

• Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    Begrudingly said - well done !
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done guys,a little forward thinking this time round could see you stay up for a good few years
    congrats,enjoy it..my side plymouth are the opposite & about to go down:(
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wel done however you are the proverbial yo-yo side, are you any better than last time around and the time before that.

I suspect it will be another relegation struggle
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kat1966 wrote: »
    It will be the best early birthday present I can have if we can finally be promoted on Saturday as my birthday is next Monday.

Have a good birthday:)

So far 86 points and 85 goals, without a prolific goal scoring forward. :)

This needs to be sorted for next season. A bit tighter in defence would also not go amiss. :o

Well done Baggies:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a great birthday Kat.

Woooooooooo hoooooooooooooo!

Boing boing!
    Boing boing!
    Boing boing!
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations.

The two best sides have gone up.
  • BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one Baggies!

If Wolves stay up (likely) and either Forest or Leicester come up through the play-offs (good chance) then we will have 6 Midland teams in the Prem next year!
  • parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh I'm hoping Wolves stay up in the Prem now, as little as I like them - family rivalry, my uncle and one of my cousins supports Wolves, my family and two of my cousins - my uncle's two other sons - are big Baggie fans. I'd love to go and see a Wolves vs West Brom game at the Hawthorns. My first football match was a WBA one, and they've been the team we support in English football for as long as I've been alive - so definitely more than 15 years :p:D there's a picture of me as a baby wearing a big blue hat and with a Baggies scarf draped across me :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh I'm hoping Wolves stay up in the Prem now, as little as I like them - family rivalry, my uncle and one of my cousins supports Wolves, my family and two of my cousins - my uncle's two other sons - are big Baggie fans. I'd love to go and see a Wolves vs West Brom game at the Hawthorns. My first football match was a WBA one, and they've been the team we support in English football for as long as I've been alive - so definitely more than 15 years :p:D there's a picture of me as a baby wearing a big blue hat and with a Baggies scarf draped across me :D

It's good to see that you were bought up properly.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Give your mum a huge hug and shake your dad by the hand next time you see them.

:D
  • Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratultions to the Albion and their fans on their fourth promotion to the Premier League in nine seasons!

As a Swindon fan, what are your views on Simon Cox? I thought that he was a good signing for you, but would I be right in thinking Roberto Di Matteo doesn't rate him much as he has hardly featured, though it has to be said that Cox was not his signing; the deal was done involving Tony Mowbray prior to his departure for his ill-fated spell at Celtic.

Enjoy your final 3 games of the season and here's hoping we're in the Championship next season!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratultions to the Albion and their fans on their fourth promotion to the Premier League in nine seasons!

As a Swindon fan, what are your views on Simon Cox? I thought that he was a good signing for you, but would I be right in thinking Roberto Di Matteo doesn't rate him much as he has hardly featured, though it has to be said that Cox was not his signing; the deal was done involving Tony Mowbray prior to his departure for his ill-fated spell at Celtic.

Enjoy your final 3 games of the season and here's hoping we're in the Championship next season!

I think Roberto is giving him chances to make his mark - sometimes he has taken them but others he has failed to shine. A lot of our team have been like that this season though - except for the mighty Graham Dorrans, of course!;)

As an aside, a lad who plays in the same team as my son was at the Donny Rovers game on Saturday. At the end of the match he and his dad went onto the pitch - all of the players had given their shirts away so his dad asked Chris Brunt whether he could give his son one of his boots. Brunty took Callum over to the dug out and gave him the pair!

He is a very happy Baggie, believe me! Brunty - good on yer mate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No chance of catching Newcastle but I still want to see a strong end to the season.:)

One goal for every point would be nice:p
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice one!! Seriously if you want to go to a West Brom v Wolves match, the Hawthorns is the best ground to go to as there has been more trouble in the past at Molineux.

Any thoughts on player of the season for us?

I think Dorrans will probably win it as he has been consistently good all season.

Sazzle, nice one Brunty definitely, I was at the open day last summer and he came across then as a nice man, but I have to say the best one with the fans that afternoon was Rob Koren, he took time to talk to everyone, especially the younger fans even though security were trying to rush him along with signing autographs, he was having photos taken with younger fans if they asked.

And my birthday was brilliant ~ along with my navy blue and white cake from my husband, thanks for all the comments.
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    West Bromwich Albion have just inherited about 50,000 or so new fans for their game at Palace on Monday night.:(:(:(

Come on the Baggies!

BOING BOING
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    Thanks from 3/4 of Sheffield to Albion for keeping their part of the bargain tonight.

:)
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My girlfriend is from Sheffield. She has a mate who is a Baggies fan, he is from there originally, and he married a Birmingham fan - my girlfriend used to fancy him and he told her he only went out with his wife in the first place because she lived a couple of doors away from Cyril Regis :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My girlfriend is from Sheffield. She has a mate who is a Baggies fan, he is from there originally, and he married a Birmingham fan - my girlfriend used to fancy him and he told her he only went out with his wife in the first place because she lived a couple of doors away from Cyril Regis :eek:

Cyrille Regis has the freedom of Sandwell, but his brother Rowley does not:)
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what about Asa Hartford? He was famous for something to do with a heart attack?

Didn't he manage Jamaica or something, after Man City youth team, or have I got it all wrong?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And what about Asa Hartford? He was famous for something to do with a heart attack?

Didn't he manage Jamaica or something, after Man City youth team, or have I got it all wrong?

He was found to have a heart defect, possibly some sort of hole in his heart, when he had a pre transfer medical
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

*snigger*

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear. Not a good end to the season:o
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

Ha, ha.

I used to have a gorgeous black cat who was called Cyrille after Cyrille Regis.... he was quite useful as well!! Sadly my black cat now is a little girl otherwise she would have been called Cyrille in honour of the great man. My other two would have been Bob and Neil (after Bob Taylor and Neil Clement) had they been little boys!!

Oh well, all over for another season and at least Dorran's saved our blushes at home! Well done to Roberto Di Matteo and the backroom staff and an especially big well done to the players for an entertaining season.

Let's hope for good things next season and all the derbies we will now have, Midlands football is definitely on the rise with 4 teams now in the top division, 5 if you count Stoke.

COME ON YOU BAGGIES BOING BOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kat1966 wrote: »

I used to have a gorgeous black cat who was called Cyrille after Cyrille Regis....
    Nice one...........:o
    My other two would have been Bob and Neil (after Bob Taylor and Neil Clement) had they been little boys!!
    I would have to settle for either Jeff or Tony;)
    Let's hope for good things next season and all the derbies we will now have, Midlands football is definitely on the rise with 4 teams now in the top division, 5 if you count Stoke.
    I could never count Stoke:o
    COME ON YOU BAGGIES BOING BOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOING BOING:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have calculated that we can get 25 points out of 20 games this year. I allowed 3 points for today's game and we got it:)

We are on target;)