SeeSaw

Comments

• noise747noise747 Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i havey computer plugged in to my tv :D

That is fine if
    (a) you got a spare computer to do that.
    (b) Your T.v is capable of having a computer plugged in
    (c) you want a computer in the lounge.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Seesaw is useless. It only likes "Neighbours".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay23Sx wrote: »
    Can I just ask, and I'm not saying this to be difficult, but what exactly is the point of SeeSaw?

Why not just use iPlayer, 4OD and Demand Five? The only thing I've spotted so far is the fact they seem to (mostly) have older the older programmes.

And according to the BBC News today it's not because it'll eventually do movies either, as SeeSaw have said they'll only broadcast 90minute TV movies and nothing that's been in the cinema.

I know what you mean. TBH I think it will only confuse people, with Seesaw, BTvision, Project canvas, and a few other ones that are around.

Maybe if there is a box that will cope with them all, things will be better. TBH I don't see Seesaw lasting long.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Well I've had a play with it and I quite like it. It will be interesting to see how the IPTV battle pans out.
  • _ben_ben Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    bazellis wrote: »
    This has gone live now, but crashes whenever I try and view a programme!!?

I've just tried to watch something and didn't get past the first advert, it was a case of waiting 2 minutes for half a second of advert, after about 5 minutes I'd only seen the first second of the advert and gave up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave it another go, had a look at a old Dr who and it worked, but on full screen it had wide borders all the way around and that was on a 4:3 monitor.

Waste of time really.
  • davebav50davebav50 Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use a compact little Acer PC - its about the size of a large paperback book - that sits quietly behind the TV. This plugs directly into to an HDMI connection like any other box. It allows me to run a web browser on which I can watch SeeSaw, iPlayer or any other IPTV.
    As a bonus it plays my music collection and pictures and film collection.
    The cost - £144 with a Linux operating system ( a bit like Windows but from Ubuntu).

This has to be the future way to watch TV.

SeeSaw on this box allows me to watch programs in the same fashion as I would watch a Video recorder, and in fairness to SeeSaw, about the same quality.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    does it support Firefox 3.6 as it does not seem to work for me.
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    does it support Firefox 3.6 as it does not seem to work for me.

Yes, though if you're using ABP ad blocker you need to create a rule.

http://www.seesaw.com/technicalproblems/blankscreen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kenny Maclean thanks

my problem might be Kaspersky Anti Virus Software
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the problem you're having? I'm running seesaw with firefox 3.6 and kaspersky with no problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well I go to the program page

http://www.seesaw.com/TV/Comedy/s-11197-We-Can-Be-Heroes

and I click the "click to see program" banner, press the Accept button, but no video plays
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok I got it to work, thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davebav50 wrote: »
    I use a compact little Acer PC - its about the size of a large paperback book - that sits quietly behind the TV. This plugs directly into to an HDMI connection like any other box. It allows me to run a web browser on which I can watch SeeSaw, iPlayer or any other IPTV.
    As a bonus it plays my music collection and pictures and film collection.
    The cost - £144 with a Linux operating system ( a bit like Windows but from Ubuntu).

This has to be the future way to watch TV.

VOD is the future, but not with a computer, well not in the way you are doing it. too complex and too much mucking around.

The future is something like BT Vision, but with more content and a better price. a central system, that can send video to all all T.V's in the house and also send music to all T.V's in the house. so a cross between the PS3 and BT vision.
    Linux is fine if it is in the background, in fact it is better than Windows as it is smaller, faster and use less resouces.

I got Ubuntu on my laptop, but when I tried to conenct it to the T.V, the picture kept jumping, it works ok with windows. I have to connect the laptop via S-video as the T.V have no pc input and my laptop have no digital out of anysort
    SeeSaw on this box allows me to watch programs in the same fashion as I would watch a Video recorder, and in fairness to SeeSaw, about the same quality.

If the quality is the same as a video recorder, as in a VHS video recorder, then that is going backwards.
  • jayzee786jayzee786 Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    I gave it another go, had a look at a old Dr who and it worked, but on full screen it had wide borders all the way around and that was on a 4:3 monitor.

Waste of time really.

Hi i've got black bars all the round the video as well. I was trying to watch Waterloo Road but it's unbearable due to this. Is this a problem with seesaw or are the episodes all like this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jayzee786 wrote: »
    Hi i've got black bars all the round the video as well. I was trying to watch Waterloo Road but it's unbearable due to this. Is this a problem with seesaw or are the episodes all like this?

I have no idea, I tried to watch two and they was both the same, so I have given up and got rid of Seesaw from my Bookmarks
  • jayzee786jayzee786 Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's just for the Waterloo Road videos because I've just watched a episode of The Gadget Show and it's all right just black bars on the top and bottom same as demand five. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jayzee786 wrote: »
    I think it's just for the Waterloo Road videos because I've just watched a episode of The Gadget Show and it's all right just black bars on the top and bottom same as demand five. :)

i had a look at the young ones and a couple of others and they had the same problem. It seems like the older stuff have the problem, no good for man or beast.
  • dronkuladronkula Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Howdy!

Hey - has anyone tried using this was a games console yet (ie - PS3?). Iplayer works fine on the PS3, and as Seesaw is based on iPlayer, I would hope it would work too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dronkula wrote: »
    Howdy!

Hey - has anyone tried using this was a games console yet (ie - PS3?). Iplayer works fine on the PS3, and as Seesaw is based on iPlayer, I would hope it would work too?

Based on iplayer? I did not think it was, apart from the fact it uses flash.

Anyway it don't work on the PS3 or the Wii, i tried.

the wii it wants the latest version of flash and I am pretty sure it said the same thing on the PS3.

This is where services like SeeSaw would take off if they made it work with the Wii and PS3. I use the BBc iplayer a bit more now because it is easier to watch with the Wii, but I don't use any other IPTV service.

Saying that i only use the Iplayer a couple of times a week.
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    The future is something like BT Vision, but with more content and a better price. a central system, that can send video to all all T.V's in the house and also send music to all T.V's in the house. so a cross between the PS3 and BT vision.
    Canvas will be able to do some of this.

See saw has finally joined the Canvas project which will help get it on more TV connected devices.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cant get any 4oD shows to work on SeeSaw, same for 4oD on YouTube, anyone know what is wrong?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hanssolo wrote: »
    Canvas will be able to do some of this.

See saw has finally joined the Canvas project which will help get it on more TV connected devices.

Just a shame that Talk Talk have got it big feet in the doorway, staying well clear of canvas unless Talk Talk gets away from it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant get any 4oD shows to work on SeeSaw, same for 4oD on YouTube, anyone know what is wrong?

Yeah, it is useless.
    Had a look at seesaw if they do the same sort of job on canvas then it will fail before it starts..
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Working for me, but getting some "your internet connection is too slow" warnings, perhaps a connectivity problem somewhere?