RTE Radio's 'Liveline' discussing the sing off fiasco at the moment

EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
Forum Member
✭✭✭
www.rte.ie/radio1

I'm sure the Mooney show will have plenty to say at 3pm as well.

Comments

• PandorianPandorian Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    So, Ireland is in the worst economic mess since independence, and they want to talk about the X Factor...says it all really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pandorian wrote: »
    So, Ireland is in the worst economic mess since independence, and they want to talk about the X Factor...says it all really.

So they should only talk about the economic and nothing more. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apparently, the mess is because they spent all their money on phone votes for Mary. :eek:

Being serious, Louis has got some serious explaining to do on RTE. He owes the listeners an apology, at the very least.
  • linlamlinlam Posts: 9,023
    Forum Member
    Are you suggesting that the Irish economy should be the only item talked about on Irish radio? How odd:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no..........listening to people whine at JOOOOOOOOooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeee....may make me decide it was all fair after all
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I think the economic mess is one reason why the X Factor is so popular. It's vacuous drivel that takes people's minds off other things.
    Forum Member
    hitnmix wrote: »
    So they should only talk about the economic and nothing more. :rolleyes:

Of course they should, every minute, every hour, of every day. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Theres only so many ways of saying 'we're screwed'. Its a topic of conversation. They are talking about it. Its a welcome topic change to be perfectly honest!
    Forum Member
    Apparently, the mess is because they spent all their money on phone votes for Mary. :eek:

Being serious, Louis has got some serious explaining to do on RTE. He owes the listeners an apology, at the very least.

To be fair, Louis has spouted drivel all the time he has been on X Factor. However, all of a sudden his words are gospel.
  • GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do me a favour and keep your attitude about my country to yourself pal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linlam wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that the Irish economy should be the only item talked about on Irish radio? How odd:confused:

Very odd indeed, we may need to do a collection drive for vailum, seen as they think the people of Ireland should only talk about the depressing thing of how bad their economic is.
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    Link isn't working, can someone post what he has to say about it. Oh and by the way I adore Dublin, lived there a few years and gave birth to a daughter in the Rotunda Hospital.
    Forum Member
    Sfamato wrote: »
    Theres only so many ways of saying 'we're screwed'. Its a topic of conversation. They are talking about it. Its a welcome topic change to be perfectly honest!

You're right of course. I just wanted to add a little perspective to the mix.
  • Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People annoyed that they paid money and their vote counted for nothing due to judges.

Louis is getting it in the neck for bigging up Rebecca as 'best contestant ever' and that he should have had backbone to tell people that Simon changed the rules to suits himself.

Oh now people reminding that Simon is Louis boss.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To put it into perspective 'Ireland is in the worst economic mess since independence' and we've been screwed outta more money.

I only spent 1.80 but that 1.80 is important to me these days
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're the one posting on an X Factor forum,aren't you? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Link working now : I posted the incorrect URL earlier.
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    You're the one posting on an X Factor forum,aren't you? :)

Yes I am. In fact all the posts in this thread have been posted by people posting on an X Factor forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am. In fact all the posts in this thread have been posted by people posting on an X Factor forum.

Yes,but you're saying the Irish public should have more important things to be discussing than something as trivial as the X Factor,but you're here commenting on the show yourself :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the economic mess is one reason why the X Factor is so popular. It's vacuous drivel that takes people's minds off other things.

I think you're absolutely right.

I also think the fact that people are waking up to the fact that we have been screwed by the banks and our leaders has made everyone less tolerant of any suggestion of fixing, even if it is only the X factor. It would have been laughed off as the way of the world during the boom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glenshane wrote: »
    I think you're absolutely right.

I also think the fact that people are waking up to the fact that we have been screwed by the banks and our leaders has made everyone less tolerant of any suggestion of fixing, even if it is only the X factor. It would have been laughed off as the way of the world during the boom.

Very true : people are getting sick of corruption and fixing now we know that it has been the way of the world for years.It's for this reason that I think Cowell is slowly destroying the X Factor brand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gotta be honest, Mary will be forgotten next week, but Cher will still be hated.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

X factor is one topic among many been talked about on the Irish radio, also talking about the bad weather, Christmas is a hot topic would you belive, so leave your sttupid comments at the door, what would you know about running an economy ???
    Gotham wrote: »
    Do me a favour and keep your attitude about my country to yourself pal.

Well said !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woowho wrote: »
    I gotta be honest, Mary will be forgotten next week, but Cher will still be hated.

It's just the principle of the thing regarding Mary.Even if she had miraculously made the final,Cowell would have stitched her up yet again and ensured she finished in 4th place.

The fact that he is championing someone as dislikeable as Cher is just laughable.