The KA DWTS Thread

Comments

• libby21libby21 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When do we find out which couple left the show,thanks.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    libby21 wrote: »
    When do we find out which couple left the show,thanks.

The results show is on in the early hours (UK) - so when we wake up tomorrow!
  • libby21libby21 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok,thanks.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for posting results Force Ten.
    Thankfully the right two departed - I hadn't really enjoyed any of Wendy's dances

(Yay! My first eva spoiler :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh can I join in? I didn't used to watch DWTS but some dancing is better than no dancing I suppose. Basically I'm a bit of a traditional ballroom and latin girl so have to admit the showbizzy nature of the US dancing is not to my taste. However I've been pleasantly surprised to discover that there is some dance content! (saw an earlier series a few years ago and really couldn't take to it)

Wendy and Tony - her music was dreadful. Completely the wrong rhythm for a foxtrot. Therefore the actual foxtrot content was limited. Her foot action was wrong she seemed very flat footed.

Chelsea and Mark - her music was okay. I managed to count a cha cha cha (CCC) rhythm out of it. The dance had recognisable CCC content but she didn't produce hip action in the right way and I think her legs remained quite bent IIRC.

Chris and Cheryl - not too bad. He was lacking hip action but I noticed he was wearing ballroom shoes. whilst you can dance latin in ballroom shoes, I suspect that wearing latin shoes will help bring your weight forward to assist with stepping forward on the balls of your feet.

Kendra and Louis - music not easy to rumba to. The dance had a lot of good rumba content. Her legs and feet weren't bad though she occasionally forgot to straighten her leg. I thought her top half seemed awkward and I think she perhaps doesn't get on that well with her partner?

Romeo and Chelsie - he didn't dance the rumba movement correctly and hunched forward. He has a bit of an attitude problem doesn't he? Needs to get over the shoes. Plenty of men wear the shoes without complaint or issues.

Hines and Kym - I seemed to have watched a different dance to the judges and everyone else. Maybe I was put off yet again by the use of 70s disco music for samba!
    To me he seemed a bit flat and lacking bounce all the way through (he too was wearing ballroom shoes). There was very obvious samba content though. He looked like he had fun.

Petra and Dmitry - poor girl. Her music was in completely the wrong timing for a waltz. Therefore it was very hard to produce the proper waltz look. It did have proper waltz choreography but looked odd due to the timing issues. I thought she did a good job considering and she had a wide frame.

Sugar Ray and Anna - lousy music for a paso. The whole routine was really cheesy and I thought the proper paso choreography was lacking. He didn't keep his frame up.

Kirstie and Maks - she did well in spite of their fall. I hope Maks is okay. I was concerned that a hamstring had pinged. When she was dancing the remainder of the routine her technique was quite good.

Ralph and Karina - I thought he took some rather large steps and was a bit flat. He needs to keep his feet closer to the floor when he steps in rumba. I agreed with Len's assessment.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Oooh can I join in? I didn't used to watch DWTS but some dancing is better than no dancing I suppose. Basically I'm a bit of a traditional ballroom and latin girl so have to admit the showbizzy nature of the US dancing is not to my taste. However I've been pleasantly surprised to discover that there is some dance content! (saw an earlier series a few years ago and really couldn't take to it)

Wendy and Tony - her music was dreadful. Completely the wrong rhythm for a foxtrot. Therefore the actual foxtrot content was limited. Her foot action was wrong she seemed very flat footed.

Chelsea and Mark - her music was okay. I managed to count a cha cha cha (CCC) rhythm out of it. The dance had recognisable CCC content but she didn't produce hip action in the right way and I think her legs remained quite bent IIRC.

Chris and Cheryl - not too bad. He was lacking hip action but I noticed he was wearing ballroom shoes. whilst you can dance latin in ballroom shoes, I suspect that wearing latin shoes will help bring your weight forward to assist with stepping forward on the balls of your feet.

Kendra and Louis - music not easy to rumba to. The dance had a lot of good rumba content. Her legs and feet weren't bad though she occasionally forgot to straighten her leg. I thought her top half seemed awkward and I think she perhaps doesn't get on that well with her partner?

Romeo and Chelsie - he didn't dance the rumba movement correctly and hunched forward. He has a bit of an attitude problem doesn't he? Needs to get over the shoes. Plenty of men wear the shoes without complaint or issues.

Hines and Kym - I seemed to have watched a different dance to the judges and everyone else. Maybe I was put off yet again by the use of 70s disco music for samba!
    To me he seemed a bit flat and lacking bounce all the way through (he too was wearing ballroom shoes). There was very obvious samba content though. He looked like he had fun.

Petra and Dmitry - poor girl. Her music was in completely the wrong timing for a waltz. Therefore it was very hard to produce the proper waltz look. It did have proper waltz choreography but looked odd due to the timing issues. I thought she did a good job considering and she had a wide frame.

Sugar Ray and Anna - lousy music for a paso. The whole routine was really cheesy and I thought the proper paso choreography was lacking. He didn't keep his frame up.

Kirstie and Maks - she did well in spite of their fall. I hope Maks is okay. I was concerned that a hamstring had pinged. When she was dancing the remainder of the routine her technique was quite good.

Ralph and Karina - I thought he took some rather large steps and was a bit flat. He needs to keep his feet closer to the floor when he steps in rumba. I agreed with Len's assessment.

Interesting. Thanks :)

I have watched Strictly/DWTS for years. I can sort of recognise good technique (or at least bad technique) but I don't really know much about it.

I thought Kirstie's technique was quite good, despite the fall. Some of her lines were nice.

Hines "sold" his Samba, but it was a bit blah for me. The judges don't really seem to care about technique when it comes to the Samba.

Chelsea's hip action did look a bit odd and stilted. At least Mark actually attempted to choreograph the dance properly this week. I used to like him, but I'm rapidly going off him. I feel sorry for Chelsea. Hated the song.

Ralph was pretty terrible IMO. His jive was lacklustre, and he seemed to be doing karate chops during his Rumba. He just tossed his limbs all over the place. I wish he would sort his hands out! Very overmarked IMO.

Poor Wendy.
  • Prime!Prime! Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • DWTS_FanDWTS_Fan Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wendy Williams and Tony on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYAPn0HPQjQ

She's hard to take to imo. Tony must be relieved.
  • NooneNoone Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Chris/Cheryl/Rumba: He seems like a nice chap and I think he's a decent dancer, but I didn't really enjoy this. Hate to be rude (and don't wish to insult his memory of his mum) but I thought he was channelling Freddie Star at times! He went from pose to pose and didn't really link (or dance). CAI was a bit emotional....

Soupy, this made me snort with laughter and recognition, I thought exactly the same thing.:D

Wendy and Tony - There is something so horribly shallow and vain about this woman, I just can't warm to her. I thought she was as leaden as a bag of cement and I got the feeling she thought she could get away with very little and let her 'personality' 'shine' to earn the votes.:rolleyes:

Chelsea and Mark - this Mark guy is definitely the Aliona in this competition, he obviously thinks he's an 'artist' and his choreo is on a different level - well, it is...but a good deal lower than he estimates. Like others I felt sorry for Chelsea because she obviously can dance but is lumbered with stinky choreo.

Chris and Cheryl - Bless his Ed the Eagle serious face. :D I like him, I think he's trying really hard and I love his attitude. Not the most supple but he gets my vote.

Kendra and Louis - poor Kendra suffered from a fog malfunction, a real pea-souper. I think it threw her off her stride. I liked her moves but you can see she's not relaxed, it could be her partner...don't know. I'm still rooting for her.

Romeo and Chelsie - sooo mediocre it hurts. I'm not liking his style or attitude and I don't know what the judges see in him. Too self-conscious.

Hines and Kym - Not in anyway perfect but I think he's so likeable and is almost there. I think they are lovely in every way and looking forward to seeing them dance more.

Petra and Dmitry - Very graceful and very beautiful just a tad boring. I like this couple though.

Sugar Ray and Anna - He was a Champ...I can't say anymore

Kirstie and Maks - awww, my favourites, I luuurve them. I think thy genuinely like each other and I really enjoy watching them. I loved that Maks hurried to say it wasn't Kristy's fault that he fell. Love! Totally and completely anti-Pammie(61) and James in looking as if they're really having fun.

Ralph and Karina - weird. Weird...just in that Matt Baker kinda tense way, weird. *scratches head*

I didn't enjoy the theme of this week, it made me squirm and I really hope we don't get this in the UK
  • Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    Noone wrote: »
    I didn't enjoy the theme of this week, it made me squirm and I really hope we don't get this in the UK

Ditto Nooney. As Kara would say, it was very cheesy!!! Pleeease don't let them bring this idea over!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noone wrote: »
    Wendy and Tony - There is something so horribly shallow and vain about this woman, I just can't warm to her. I thought she was as leaden as a bag of cement and I got the feeling she thought she could get away with very little and let her 'personality' 'shine' to earn the votes.:rolleyes:

Chelsea and Mark - this Mark guy is definitely the Aliona in this competition, he obviously thinks he's an 'artist' and his choreo is on a different level - well, it is...but a good deal lower than he estimates. Like others I felt sorry for Chelsea because she obviously can dance but is lumbered with stinky choreo.

Chris and Cheryl - Bless his Ed the Eagle serious face. :D I like him, I think he's trying really hard and I love his attitude. Not the most supple but he gets my vote.

Kendra and Louis - poor Kendra suffered from a fog malfunction, a real pea-souper. I think it threw her off her stride. I liked her moves but you can see she's not relaxed, it could be her partner...don't know. I'm still rooting for her.

Romeo and Chelsie - sooo mediocre it hurts. I'm not liking his style or attitude and I don't know what the judges see in him. Too self-conscious.

Hines and Kym - Not in anyway perfect but I think he's so likeable and is almost there. I think they are lovely in every way and looking forward to seeing them dance more.

Petra and Dmitry - Very graceful and very beautiful just a tad boring. I like this couple though.

Sugar Ray and Anna - He was a Champ...I can't say anymore

Kirstie and Maks - awww, my favourites, I luuurve them. I think thy genuinely like each other and I really enjoy watching them. I loved that Maks hurried to say it wasn't Kristy's fault that he fell. Love! Totally and completely anti-Pammie(61) and James in looking as if they're really having fun.

Ralph and Karina - weird. Weird...just in that Matt Baker kinda tense way, weird. *scratches head*

Very busy at work, air-con broke down just as we experience a heat wave and I still can't get DS to work on my laptop (iPad on order and if I'm lucky, I will get it in May :mad:)), so may I please just sign under your post, Nooney? I so agree with almost everything it's a bit terrifying :eek: (in a good way... love me an oxymoron).

The only thing we think different about is Kendra. I am not liking her at all at the moment for some reason, though I do think she has a bit of potential.

I absolutely adore Kirsty and Maks, especially the latter (soooooooo my type :D). Hope he's ok!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope they don't bring over the storyline theme - I'm sure that is what made some of the songs unworkable - the celebrities will have no idea of what rhythm music fits with their given dance to be picking their own special song. Plus each dance already has a character to it, it doesn't need the addition of a life story on top of it :rolleyes:
    I thought all the back stories were really cringeworthy to link with the dancing and it just doesn't work (and I'm usually a compassionate person!).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Good evening!
    I agree with your comments, think this week were not so good except for Hines/Kym, Petra/Dmitry and Kirstie/Maks.
    I really like this couples, they are likeable and seems to enjoys the dancing.:)
    Here comes Maks blog (every friday)

http://www.tvguide.com/Celebrity-Blogs/Dancing-Maks-Kirstie-1031619.aspx

and a funny interview

http://www.accesshollywood.com/kirstie-alley-and-maksim-chmerkovskiys-dramatic-dancing-fall_video_1317943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susan49 wrote: »
    Good evening!
    I agree with your comments, think this week were not so good except for Hines/Kym, Petra/Dmitry and Kirstie/Maks.
    I really like this couples, they are likeable and seems to enjoys the dancing.:)
    Here comes Maks blog (every friday)

http://www.tvguide.com/Celebrity-Blogs/Dancing-Maks-Kirstie-1031619.aspx

and a funny interview

http://www.accesshollywood.com/kirstie-alley-and-maksim-chmerkovskiys-dramatic-dancing-fall_video_1317943

Thanks for posting these Susan. I must confess I had a little wobble in my Maks-love recently (when he did the Bachelor thing - yuck - tacky from tacksville) but I'm back on track now :D

I like that interview and I think Kirsty is a great partner for him: no chance of people speculating about any romance, a good dancer and a funny lady. Excellent!
  • NooneNoone Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    Thank you for the links, Prime

Oksana Dmyrenko & Christopher "Kiki" Nyemchek - Pro Paso Doble - Very nice, but I can't really get into the style of some of these dancers. I get the feeling they're wearing the dance and living it, if this makes sense. And they seem a tad sloppy, but then I don't know dancing enough to judge properly.

Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Paso Doble - I thought he did a better job this week but he didn't ever strike the right posture or get into the matador mood enough. Just can't like him enough to care really.

Kendra Wilkinson & Louis van Amstel - Viennese Waltz - too self-conscious, too lacking in grace and musicality. The choreo was a bit arm-flingy. Hmm, I think she's on shaky ground, and rightly so.

Sugar Ray Leonard & Anna Trebunskaya - Viennese Waltz - got to say I thought this was charming. I loved Anna and her clever costume. Sugar Ray acted it well and made me smile and not cringe this week, but Lor love him he can't dance.

Petra Nemcova & Dmitry Chaplin - Paso Doble - Gawd, those singers were enough to put anyone off! I wasn't keen on Petra's glamorous, sock-monkey face - it was distracting. It was all a bit promenade-y and not much else. Desperation in the removal of the skirt schtick, I thought.

Peta Murgatroyd & Tristan MacManus - Pro Waltz - fog and too many hankies for me.

Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Waltz - Matt Baker. I don't need to say anything else apart from the 'artistic' delusions are setting in.;)

Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Paso Doble - nice but his arms didn't seem to be long enough this week. I still like him and he really had some good moves but there was something a bit lacking for me.

Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Viennese Waltz - boy, I'm building up a steam of deep dislike for this guy. His choreo stinks, it's fussy, tricksy, arrogant and more and more reminds me the Dad's 'nightmare' dance moves from Strictly Ballroom. Chelsea needs a better partner.

Chris Jericho & Cheryl Burke - Paso Doble - Love. I thought he did a great dance and the best Paso for me. I liked the slowness and the menace and he had a great attitude throughout I thought.

Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Waltz - Awww, I heart them so much. I really do hope Kirstie survives and lifts her game because I just want to see them again...they're sooo cute.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't really be bothered with watching Sugar Ray and Romeo. I am sure I wouldn't like either of their dances. The first one just can't dance, the second one can't be bothered. I hear one of them is gone which is fine by me.

Kendra & Louis - I don't like her at all and I don't like her dancing. I thought she showed some potential in week 1 but her ballroom is bad.

Petra & Dmitry - Not sure if the juges, and especially Bruno, were watching the same dance as I was. She has serious balance issues, there was no shaping in her body and the "dragging the cape" move (technical term) was performed really badly. With Noone re skirt removal.

Ralph & Karina - Didn't like it at all. I think he thinks he is very good. He's not.

Hines & Kym - It needed more shaping through the body. His bum still sticks out. Enjoyed this dance very much though, I thought the music was great. I like his attitude and think he's lovely.

Chelsea & Mark - I said it once and will say it again, Mark is a clown. They will probably do well in the competition but I would rather see Chelsea with someone else.

Chris & Cheryl - Again, he needed more shaping through his body and I agree with Len that he wasn't agressive enough in the second part of the dance. I liked it, but I preferred Hines'.

Kirstie & Maks - They are great together. Glad Maks was fine, shame about the shoe. I don't think she has made a lot of improvement this week, that waltz was a bit jerky. I still love them to bits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I actually liked this theme - it meant that the music actually fitted the time signature of the dance in most cases, though it did limit it to three dance styles.
    Romeo and Chelsie - his attitude stinks! (I can't take to him at all if you hadn't guessed!)
    He really needed to stop looking down and to hold his posture up. Otherwise there was some pretty good paso choreography in there.

Kendra and Louis - another one who has a bad attitude!
    She is both wobbly and stiff at the same time. It looked like she didn't close her feet properly. Not a lot of true VW content. I really don't like this move where the man uses the girl as a broom to sweep the floor! Music was pretty fast though. I think she struggled with the speed.

Sugar Ray and Anna
    So sweet! I liked this routine despite the minimal VW content. He forgot to do any heel leads and it was poorly danced but it did make me smile. I would usually complain at the choreography being so ballet centred, but there is a style of ballroom called classical sequence that is based on ballet so I allowed her the liberties.

Petra and Dmitry
    I can't understand why Dmitry said that there is no defined beats :eek: that piece of music had clearly defined paso beats! However those singers were dreadfully offputting.
    Petra seemed to me to be bent too far backwards and employing too much of a model's swagger. Her footwork was mostly okay. She was a bit wobbly looking in places.

Ralph and Karina - Clearly thinks he's an expert already! (I don't think his attitude is as bad as some though. I get the ref to Matt and Aliona mentioned above)
    I personally didn't think there was enough in hold in this routine and it was a little too contemporary. However he did do a good job but forgot a few heel leads. He did seem to glide quite well. Music was a tad fast for a standard waltz, I felt.

Hines and Kym
    He did a reasonable job. His left hand splayed at times, but he kept his posture quite well. Kym is leading him still.

Chelsea and Mark
    I really don't like this pro - I think he needs to rein in his choreography. I'm with Len on this one, he could still have kept the proper VW theme and allowed some Harry Potter to come through. This is DWTS not Disney! It was so frantic I couldn't actually see what was going on. This girl is clearly able to dance but she needs to demonstrate that she can do bona fide ballroom and latin.

Chris and Cheryl
    I'm not inspired to say much on this. It was okay. He kept posture and frame up well. It had some good paso choreography. I think I was just put off by the jacket and hanging garlands and the 'cossack walks'.

Kirstie and Maks
    Certainly unusual to lose a strapped shoe in ballroom! (they are a social ballroom shoe without sides though so it is possible if you catch the end and flip your toes out). I didn't think her dance was great. Her spin turn in the corner was quite poor as she omitted the brush step. After the mishap I think she lost focus and it marred the routine. She has a good attitude though and clearly wants to learn the dances.
    I can see why Sugar Ray went but I preferred him (in spite of being a weaker dancer) to both Romeo and Kendra who seem to have attitude issues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big thanks for linkies.

Oksana /"Kiki" - Pro Paso Doble Enjoyed this. Liked her skirt action!

Romeo & Chelsie - Paso. This is the first time I feel he's made a proper effort, though his posture is weird. Can't decide if he was so into the dance/character that he walked away from Chelsie or is just arrogant. Still not liking him and not sure C likes him either.

Kendra & Louis - Viennese Waltz Goodness - has Katherine Jenkins lost weight? I didn't understand this. They crowbarred the VW into the music and her mafia thing into the costumes but the dance didn't connect the two. Agree with Noone about the arm flinging. She's frustrating, because I think she has potential but can't seem to inhabit the character of the dances. Think she needs an acting class. Louis looked all trussed up for a cheap wedding.

Sugar Ray & Anna - Viennese Waltz I loved Anna being strict and would have liked to see this with a good partner - sadly that was not Sugar Ray. Another nasty wedding suit. I wish that they would occasionally dance in hold....

Petra & Dmitry - Paso Doble Disappointing. Lacked any decent armography and I didn't think she 'punctuated' the dance properly if that makes any sense. Gratuitious skirt removal again.

Peta & Tristan - Pro Waltz. One of my favourite bits of music. Would have been nice to see their feet...

Ralph & Karina - Waltz I thought it was fine - fairly understated. I have no idea what to look for in the foot department, but his frame was mostly okay and his arms/hands were a bit better (but he needs a lesson from the hand-meister *respectful pause*). Didn't like the end. Thought the 9 very generous.

Hines & Kym - Paso Good effort, though he needs to stand taller somehow and tuck his bum in. I think all the pasos have suffered from a lack of attack. His charm should get him through.

The screaming crowd is doing my head in. Brooke - good grief. She's utterly bereft of personality - an empty headed autocutie.

Chelsea & Mark - Viennese Waltz I thought Chelsea did a great job with this and there was more in hold than a lot of the VWs, but Mark is trying way, way, way too hard to be avant garde and out there. I mostly like Aliona and her bonkers choreography, but then I think she is a bit bonkers. Mark's 'pieces' this season are an affectation. Get a grip, young man!

Chris & Cheryl - Paso Really felt like he inhabited the dance and it seemed precise and atmospheric. Liked Cheryl's choreo. He's still got a sticky-out bum (or just a large one...him and me both :D) but I'm amazed that, with his physique, he does so well.

Kirstie & Maks - Waltz Love this music (okay, my classical music knowledge is a bit advert/theme tune based :D), but I'm not sure why, given it was classical week, Maks didn't choose more trad waltz music. Not sure about Kirsty's outfit and the shoe incident was distracting, but it had nice musicality otherwise. Marks were a tad generous, but, as she said, Maks is very handsome :D. Love them both.
    Forum Member
    I liked all analysis of the dances and agree with your comments,:) I´m not so good to that so I "hang with you" instead :o

My two favorite couples are Kirstie/Maks and Hines/Kym, think they have had overall the best dancing and great performance and they have nice chemistry. :)
    Several seasons my favorite pro have been Maks and Kym so this season is good for me but I hope that Kirstie shows improvement next week.
    Here comes some great interviews:

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=8069427#global

this is hilarious:

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?id=8067078

Oh, something went wrong : here comes Hines interview:

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video#global
    Forum Member
    So sorry but I can´t manage to post Hines interview, surely I do something wrong :o
    If you are interested you can click at the others interview when you are at the page :)
    Think I need to go to bed, night :sleep:
  • belgiumvotebelgiumvote Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I'm trying my hardest but I'm afraid I'm not succeeding: I don't like this programme, I don't like most of the dancers, and I especially do not like all the poohah and the noise.
    I've only watched

Kristie and Maks: I like the couple, but she has to up her game every which way (I think he's handsome !!!!), I like his dancing

Hynes and Kim: these two I like to watch and I hope he goes a long way

Chelsea and Whatshisname: I think she is a very good performer, I really like that girl but he ... It's as if I'm watching An American in Paris EVERY WEEK! Be it a VW, a CCC or whatever. Sorry for her, because she deserves a whole lot better! He's seems to be a very good dancer, but he should be told that she is in the contest and not he.

Thanks a lot though to Prime! for putting up the dances on this forum. I will keep watching these 3 couples, am not really interested in the other ones. Sorry, I realise it's rude, and therefore I apologise in all sincerety.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't apologise for not liking the programme, belgiumvote. A few posts back I said that normally I can't stand DWTS - I certainly wouldn't be able to cope with watching it as an episode. The Youtube clips I can just about cope with. I find the American dances all rather showbiz and lacking content but I am somehow fascinated by the difference of opinions on dance between America and the rest of the world!