Palace Supporters Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The two best goals by opponents since Fulham a year a go. Both were outstanding.

Delaney's moment of madness was inexcusable, especially as he was on a yellow at that point. And that effectively killed the game for us as Chelsea were always going to play keep-ball in the second half.

Zaha should have come on a lot earlier that he did, I want to see him start at West Brom next week.

One final thought - the atmosphere was fantastic. Easily the best this season.
  • -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    thought we did ok in the 1st half on saturday... but they were in total control in the 2nd half... i agree about the quality of the goals, they were top notch.

...next 2 games for us are vital i reckon, both winnable... we must be getting 4 points from them, minimum...
  • oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that im getting carried away with all these rumours of an American billionaire wanting to buy palace but I can't decide who we should buy first, Messi or Robben ;-)
  • Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ nah, it will be Neymar first! :p

todays team.

Speroni, Kelly, Mariappa, Hangeland, Ward, Jedinak, Ledley, Zaha, Bolasie, Chamakh, Campbell

Subs : Hennessey, Fryers, Guedioura, Bannan, Puncheon, Doyle, Gayle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good first half. 2-0 up at the break.

Hangeland with the opener, Jedi with a penalty. should have had another penalty earlier when Zaha was clearly tripped in the box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We deserve that, we've been the better team.

Now let's hope we stamp our authority in the second half and don't just sit back to defend the lead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speroni gets clobbered by Dawson and the goal for them stands?!?! WTF?!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anichebe did nothing wrong there but it's Dawson that committed the foul. He's jumped in to Speroni leading with his arm and has smacked him right in the face. How did the officials not see that?

Now Speroni is subbed because of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the more I see the replay of their goal the worse it gets. Dawson leads with his elbow and takes Speroni out. it's as clear as day!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are being mullered in this half. I know the Speroni incident shook us but we have been pretty abysmal since. We have no shape and are all over the place. They should be at least level.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2-2. it's been coming the entire 2nd half. we have been shite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We can have no arguments. We just capitulated in that half.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2-2 it finishes. we look clueless when trying to keep hold of the ball. poor second half but still 2 points dropped.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    So annoyed at that, Jedinak was an absolute moron to make that challenge.

And Mark Clattenburg was just generally awful. Another week, another shit ref.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jedi does seem to do that quite a bit.

Clattenburg was poor. Like most I have no idea how he missed the elbow in to Speroni for their first goal.

But... we were totally inept in that second half. Unable to do even the simplest of things. To be 2-0 up at a place like the Hawthorns we should be seeing the game out. Instead we just go to pieces, do everything wrong and just invite the opposition on to us time and time again. Beyond frustrating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sattrega wrote: »
    But... we were totally inept in that second half. Unable to do even the simplest of things. To be 2-0 up at a place like the Hawthorns we should be seeing the game out. Instead we just go to pieces, do everything wrong and just invite the opposition on to us time and time again. Beyond frustrating.

another game where we needed some one in midfield to take control & calm everything down and just help with keeping possession. I'm assuming that's why Guedioura was bought on but every time I see him he gives the ball away more often than not.
    Forum Member
    So who wants American owners then...?

I'm a little bit nervous about this, as I could genuinely see Steve Parish and co selling up. They've always said they were reluctant owners.
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the decisions I saw on MOTD seemed odd to me. I was staggered that it was agreed by the pundits that the challenge in the second half before their penalty was fair.

Getting a point away from home is always good, but we could have had more with greater discipline.
  • oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Dawson isn't up on a charge for that assault then there's absolutely no justice. Speroni nearly ended up looking like Gary Mabbut!!
  • -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    their first goal yesterday should never have stood, and the foul on zaha in the 1st half was as blatant as it gets... but with the way we performed in the 2nd half i don't think we can complain too much about a draw... and that's what annoys me the most... that was a game we should have killed off regardless of the poor refereeing decisions...
    Joooe wrote: »
    So who wants American owners then...?

I'm a little bit nervous about this, as I could genuinely see Steve Parish and co selling up. They've always said they were reluctant owners.

i'd welcome it... big investment in the squad and hopefully big investment in a new stadium or completely renovating selhurst... i don't think cpfc2010 would sell to any one... they would do their homework and make sure it was the best thing for the club going forward...
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oblivian wrote: »
    If Dawson isn't up on a charge for that assault then there's absolutely no justice. Speroni nearly ended up looking like Gary Mabbut!!

So, to whom and how does one make a complaint about the assault?
    Forum Member
    -Bandit- wrote: »
    i'd welcome it... big investment in the squad and hopefully big investment in a new stadium or completely renovating selhurst... i don't think cpfc2010 would sell to any one... they would do their homework and make sure it was the best thing for the club going forward...
    Yeah I just think it would be a shame to no longer be run by real supporters. Especially when they've always been as approachable as 2010.

Although I do agree that we have to trust them if they decide this is the right move, I'd just be quite nervous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    It gets worse every time you see it.
    Joooe wrote: »
    Yeah I just think it would be a shame to no longer be run by real supporters. Especially when they've always been as approachable as 2010.

Although I do agree that we have to trust them if they decide this is the right move, I'd just be quite nervous.
    I read that Parish would stay on to run the club, although I gather that is sheer speculation too at this point.

I'm in two minds - but the chance for some serious investment in to the club to really push it on and move it forward (including the stadium) is a very tempting prospect, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Parish has denied a takeover is imminent.
    He told the Croydon Guardian: "We look at all possibilities that are out there - and there are many.
    "But people have been quite ahead of themselves on this one."

Josh Harris, a private equity investor, is the principal owner of two sports teams in the United States - National Hockey League side New Jersey Devils, and the Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association.
    He and business partner David Blitzer were linked with a takeover of Aston Villa during the summer.

Parish said: "We are talking to a number of people on a number of fronts.
    "I've always said that if somebody wanted to invest in the club and move it forward quicker than I or we can then we would entertain it."
    However, he also said: "There are always people who want to buy football clubs.
    "Sometimes people approach you and it gets out, sometimes people approach you and it doesn't, but there is no imminent takeover."