Nice to see you back btw :)
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ninostar wrote: »
    hahaha I agree

Nice to see you back btw :)

I'm always here, IHAG, seemed to kill me, as well as the brilliant Prison Break too.

New people are cool. and you can't expect them to all agree with you, Blaine is obviously evil though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Prison Break, she always posted such good reviews

I like Blaine and everything, but I just think he's used for eye candy now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never really gave any consideration as to whether IKAG was an offensive episode, I just thought it was a pretty bad, disappointing one with so much wasted potential - I can't believe Santana coming out to her parents was covered with one quick remark and while I prefer her as a background one-liner character, Brittany's lack of involvement in this plot was glaring.

No one deserves to be outed but that doesn't alter the fact Santana had become pretty horrible by this point. Her nastiness was gratuitous and no longer funny and that ruined a previously good character for me.

The episode reminded me of Furt (Finn screwing up but eventually coming through, one glee club member getting the support of everyone else in the club etc) and just as some people thought that particular episode was overkill and consequently disliked Kurt, I wasn't as fond of Santana by the end of IKAG.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing that bothered me is that yes Santana is an asshole, we know this, and yes she may get away with it because she's gay, but the writing was that bad that the general audience was supposed to think 'oh well she deserved it, she pushed him too far'.

I don't think that's true at all. I don't believe the general audience was supposed to think anything other than "there's Santana up to her old tricks yet again after having promised she wouldn't" and this time she's had the tables turned on her.

There's nothing in that episode which makes me think - you got outed, that serves you right - at all. In fact, the way she was outed, via the Senate candidate's advert, makes me feel sympathy for her, the very opposite of what you say I'm supposed to be feeling.
    This is actually very well done considering that she had become an absolute joke of a character - Santana was always incredibly funny and snarky in the previous two series', she wasn't ever deliberately cruel before - but that's what they'd done to her. I found her offensive throughout most of season three not "oh look it's cheeky Santana telling it as it is".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, perhaps at the end you feel bad for her, but in the hallway when Finn says "why don't you come out of the closet?" it's supposed to be a comeback. I hardly believe that people felt sympathy for her in that moment. Again, I just blame the writing, not the characters, not the actors but the writers.

Sorry if I've come across as heartless or crazy, I was just so hurt and offended by the episode. TV affects everyone in different ways and when I see things like this, I just rant on the internet haha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My phone posted my post again?! Strange.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, perhaps at the end you feel bad for her, but in the hallway when Finn says "why don't you come out of the closet?" it's supposed to be a comeback. I hardly believe that people felt sympathy for her in that moment. Again, I just blame the writing, not the characters, not the actors but the writers.

Sorry if I've come across as heartless or crazy, I was just so hurt and offended by the episode. TV affects everyone in different ways and when I see things like this, I just rant on the internet haha

That isn't the point at which she is outed though. This seems to be the biggest debate issue over the whole programme. She is outed because the senate candidate chooses to use her sexuality in his advert after being told by his niece about it.
    The way the scene is shot is very clever, it is very carefully shot to show the vast majority of people in that hallway being utterly indifferent to the conversation going on between Finn and Santana with the exception of the one girl who turns and stares who, I assume, we are meant to draw the conclusion is the candidate's niece. The dialogue is also clearly meant to demonstrate that pretty much everyone already knows about Santana's sexuality and couldn't care less about it.

Was Finn wrong to mention it in the hallway, yes because of the subsequent fall out from it, however was the sentiment of what he said correct, also yes. Was it supposed to be a pleasant experience for Santana, no. But I also don't get the "paint her as a victim because of what Finn said" argument either. She was shown as pushing someone to the point of retaliation and retaliation in a way designed to cause her pain, the same modus operandi which she uses. I still do not think you are meant to feel she "deserved being outed" though as that was not the intention of this specific conversation.

Finn was right to call her out on her behaviour, the location of where he did it was wrong because of the unintended consequences of that conversation but what he actually said to her was absolutely right - ie the reasons for her behaviour being down to being scared witless about whether Brit actually loved her and her bullying nature being because she's ultimately a coward who cannot deal with her sexuality (at that specific moment in time).

Were the writers heavy handed about it, absolutely yes, but I still believe the sentiment and the intention behind it were quite different to how it was interpreted by a segment of the fan base.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to argue, but I disagree. I honestly believe that the GA's first thought was supposed to believe that Santana 'deserved' what happened to her. Maybe you felt sorry for her later in the episode but that wasn't until the commercial actually aired on TV. They made her character bitchier than unusual and I don't think it's a coincidence. Let's just agree to disagree.

It may well be fan based how you feel about the episode but the truth is that the whole entirety of the episode was a joke. I'm pretty sure it had hardly any good reviews about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    News just released about a judge at Nationals
    Lindsay Lohan

No idea why
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alixfowler wrote: »
    News just released about a judge at Nationals
    Lindsay Lohan

No idea why

I guess it's a nod back to
    Mean Girls
    , many think it's the ultimate Teen comedy. Personally I thought Heathers, Clueless and 10 Thing I Hate About You were much better.
  • Options
    revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cay2dnuhcs

Full performance of Somebody That I Used To Know
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revans33 wrote: »

It's okay, a bit overproduced to be honest.

Plus, I can't take AngrySingingBlaine seriosuly as he pulls the most ridiculous faces while singing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I quite like that. Matt Bomber does his bits better than Darren does imo. But I love that song and their voices do it well together. I think I'd have liked Matt to get the Kimbra bit. Its too Blaine with Cooper backing for me. It doesn't satisfy my Bomber needs. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's back in a week :eek: wow!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It has Matt Bomer singing, there can't be anything bad about it ;)
  • Options
    squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I want to know is what happened to the original show choir rivals? The boys school are so boring in their blazers with just one singer each time they don't deserve to go forward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    squadge wrote: »
    What I want to know is what happened to the original show choir rivals? The boys school are so boring in their blazers with just one singer each time they don't deserve to go forward.

I miss Vocal Adrenaline! I really liked the all girls choir that was back in season 1 as well. But although the warblers always seem like one singer they are a team, singing acapella is difficult and arranging songs like that must be a nightmare.
  • Options
    cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quinn will be in
    a wheelchair at the ball. Finn is going to
    yell "get up and walk." Sue will intervene.

No official source as far as I know but thought I'd post anyway. If true even the biggest fan can't defend them for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cfc86 wrote: »
    Quinn will be in
    a wheelchair at the ball. Finn is going to
    yell "get up and walk." Sue will intervene.

No official source as far as I know but thought I'd post anyway. If true even the biggest fan can't defend them for this.
    Defend what? That Quinn is in a wheelchair?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you not read what Finn says to her? "Get up and walk"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way that somehow Finn will still be the hero of the story. Like how he went on the "faggy" rant but it was okay because he wore a shower curtain, like how he outed Santana but its okay because she was a bitch. And now he'll get to yell at Quinn and still be the good guy by the next episode.
    Maybe he's determind Quinn's faking being in a wheelchair. Are they filming prom now? I would wonder if she was faking it, but I don't think it really fits Quinn's character, she was back on the Cheerios, surely that means she'd want to be out of it asap. I think Sue's gonna be a big support for her. She seems to be at the hospital in the promo. I'd like them to explore their relationship, they've always had a really interesting one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way that somehow Finn will still be the hero of the story. Like how he went on the "faggy" rant but it was okay because he wore a shower curtain, like how he outed Santana but its okay because she was a bitch. And now he'll get to yell at Quinn and still be the good guy by the next episode.
    Maybe he's determind Quinn's faking being in a wheelchair. Are they filming prom now? I would wonder if she was faking it, but I don't think it really fits Quinn's character, she was back on the Cheerios, surely that means she'd want to be out of it asap. I think Sue's gonna be a big support for her. She seems to be at the hospital in the promo. I'd like them to explore their relationship, they've always had a really interesting one.
    Thank you. You explained it better than I could. They finish Prom either today or tomorrow. Some spoilers came out like who wins but as it was out on Sunday everyone didn't believe them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cfc86 wrote: »
    Thank you. You explained it better than I could. They finish Prom either today or tomorrow. Some spoilers came out like who wins but as it was out on Sunday everyone didn't believe them.
    Ah I see. Who's supposed to have won then? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah I see. Who's supposed to have won then? :)
    Quinn but she leaves and refuses the crown as she says people only voted out of pity
This discussion has been closed.