Help Please!!

patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi technologically literate people. Here's my problem; I have an iTunes account which I access from my acer laptop. I got the hang of it - eventually - and can now transfer music and apps to my iPhone. However, my daughter just got a new iPod Nano for her birthday and I was delighted with myself thinking it would just be a matter of doing the same thing as I do with the iPhone. When I connected it, though, a box came up saying "The ipod 'IPOD' cannot be used because it requires iTunes version 10.7 or later. Go to www.itunes.com/uk to download the latest version of iTunes.

My first problem is that I don't know if I should go to that website or the Irish version. :( I went on there and clicked on download iTunes but, will this (when this dinosaur gets through downloading in about two days time ::yawn:) be accessible in the same way as my old one was? Do I have to do anything else? Why is EVERYTHING to do with technology so effin' complicated nowadays? Why am I so old? :(

Comments

• Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just asking you to update it because you have a newer device by the sounds of it. It doesn't matter which Apple site you download it from as long as you get it from a legitimate source, UK / Ireland, doesn't matter.

Once you have upgraded it everything that was in the old iTunes will all be there just like it was before, when you plug in your device it'll show and you can then choose what from your computer you want to put on your iPod.

iTunes is not the easiest thing to use I'm afraid, but you should get the hang of it if you stick with it.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    It's just asking you to update it because you have a newer device by the sounds of it. It doesn't matter which Apple site you download it from as long as you get it from a legitimate source, UK / Ireland, doesn't matter.

Once you have upgraded it everything that was in the old iTunes will all be there just like it was before, when you plug in your device it'll show and you can then choose what from your computer you want to put on your iPod.

iTunes is not the easiest thing to use I'm afraid, but you should get the hang of it if you stick with it.

Thanks so much and sorry for the delay in thanking you. Would you believe it took me til now to get it right; small lady's over the moon! :D She thought I'd never figure it out. :o For some reason, the download wouldn't work, no matter what I tried. I still can't figure out what I did to get it to work; but work it did.

Many thanks again. :)
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you got it working, well done.