Options

the TWILIGHT BREAKING DAWN thread

Comments

• Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who liked the talking wolves thing???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I went to see it today, and although I enjoyed it I found it a little slow in parts and the birth scene was horrific! I liked the moment Jacob imprinted on the baby though, and all the action-y bits towards the end, especially the bit after the credits. The Volturi are by far the best thing about this series in my opinion. As far as how it followed the books, I have no clue as I've only read the first 3, but it's good to know that it did, even if it meant including some superfluous scenes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member

No I thought that bit was great xD

Also, I forgot to say, I watched it in the cinema (of course) and it was packed with young teenage girls. They all literally screamed within the first couple of minutes when Jacob took his top off, completely hilarious. Can't decide if it was worse or on par with middle aged women swooning at Colin Firth when I went to see Mamma Mia :eek:
  • Options
    Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I found that part really wierd, it was like I was watching Narnia or something, it kinda took me out of the film for a moment, I could hear people around me laughing at it too, very wierd

The film was great, I loved the parts with Edward and Bella on the island, god they are so beautiful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also, I forgot to say, I watched it in the cinema (of course) and it was packed with young teenage girls. They all literally screamed within the first couple of minutes when Jacob took his top off, completely hilarious. Can't decide if it was worse or on par with middle aged women swooning at Colin Firth when I went to see Mamma Mia :eek:

Ah I went to an over 18 screening. Sounds like I missed out though:p
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member

It was a bit weird and didn't really work that well.. But my only major problem with it was i could barely understand what they were saying to each other..

Going to see this again in the week! I love it so much, such a good film. Unlike what others say.. I think the pace of the film was perfect.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was over the moon with how surprisingly graphic Isle Esme and the birth scenes were though, BD has a more adult feel to it, so i'm glad they conveyed that.

I want to see it again too!!! next week for sure!:D
  • Options
    Evenstar120Evenstar120 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    I've booked a ticket to go and see it on Monday at 12pm. Will let all of you know what I thought when I get back. I really hope I like it, there is absolutely nothing worse than really liking the look of a movie from a trailer / tv ad or whatever and then looking forward to seeing it and then hating it. Can think of a fair few films that were monumentally disappointing like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got home from the cinema, totally blown away, it was simply brilliant, I can't wait to watch it again.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Yes.;)......Forgot that bit....:eek:
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I went on my own today...there was a woman who must have been 60 (at least) on her own. I am 28!

Well, i'm 68 and my sister is 65 and we both love the Twilight books and movies. There was a middle aged man sitting a few seats along from me, on his own, when we went to see it. I'm going again on wednesday with my younger sister, she's only 63 :)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member

...which is part of the reason that I'm going to wait a couple of weeks before seeing Breaking Dawn

:o
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member

Yes, I liked that bit too, but the thing is, I don't think they were actually talking, it's just that we could hear what they were thinking like they always can with each other.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it. Didn't think it was a masterpiece, just a lot of talking with the main story events widely spaced throughout. Did feel like a slow burner, despite being the shortest of the movies. My problem is probably that we have to wait a year for the next one. If I'd have seen part 2 straight after my views would likely be very different.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    dcb1986 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. Didn't think it was a masterpiece, just a lot of talking with the main story events widely spaced throughout. Did feel like a slow burner, despite being the shortest of the movies. My problem is probably that we have to wait a year for the next one. If I'd have seen part 2 straight after my views would likely be very different.

It was orginally only supposed to be out next summer but they decided to hold off till the november it will seem like a terrible wait a whole year I reckon id be better off wating and seeing the two movies together as i know what happens from the books anyways so i can wait the year longer.

bluray then cinema for the final LOL or im sure theyll show both back to back next year dunno if i could do the cinema that long though
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Saw it this morning, really loved how the drama built up towards the final scene, and also the paradise-like honeymoon descending into the gory birth and an overall hellish time for Bella. ;)

Agree that the talking wolves thing seemed to take me out and put me into another film. :o I feel like maybe they should have communicated more telepathically, rather than hearing their voices amongst all the growling and teeth-gnashing.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Saw it this morning, really loved how the drama built up towards the final scene, and also the paradise-like honeymoon descending into the gory birth and an overall hellish time for Bella. ;)

Agree that the talking wolves thing seemed to take me out and put me into another film. :o I feel like maybe they should have communicated more telepathically, rather than hearing their voices amongst all the growling and teeth-gnashing.

Maybe Subtitles LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    As a fan of the books i really think the film did BD justice! I thought it was epic! Exactly how i imagined it, bring on part 2!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    As a fan of the books and movies, I have to say this one was the best. It was kept as close to the book as possible and really did it justice. I also have to say that the talking wolf scene was a bit silly, it made me feel like I was watching The Never Ending Story or something. Apart from that, I thought it was fantastic, I actually went to see it twice this weekend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was better than the 2nd and 3rd film but I still found it very slow moving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she writing anymore books btw? Something that involves the Volturi would be good. More action less romance as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Decided to see it during the day as the cinema is a lot quieter. Waiting for it to start now.

I'll post my thoughts later!

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Decided to see it during the day as the cinema is a lot quieter. Waiting for it to start now.

I'll post my thoughts later!

:)

Enjoy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching it. I think its the best of the franchise so far. :) looking forward to part 2

Did anyone stay long enough to see the Volturi scene after the first lot of credits?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Just finished watching it. I think its the best of the franchise so far. :) looking forward to part 2

Did anyone stay long enough to see the Volturi scene after the first lot of credits?

No. What happened?