Options

EE where is this lexi storyline going?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    yes this is why phil ends up giving her back. yet another reason why shoddy rewrites affect a story. crappy ending :(

oh, i missed some of this thread lol
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    one thing ive just realized. the court said lola requested more time with lexi. so this court hearing wasnt to hand lexi back over to lola for good it was just to give her more time?

if thats the case how could phil simply give her back - surely he would still be fostering lexi just letting lola have her more?
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    one thing ive just realized. the court said lola requested more time with lexi. so this court hearing wasnt to hand lexi back over to lola for good it was just to give her more time?

if thats the case how could phil simply give her back - surely he would still be fostering lexi just letting lola have her more?

Exactly, that is what a few of us have been saying. Handing Lexi back isn't actually phil's decision to make. Whilst Lola has made a lot of progress which SS seem to recognise, Lexi is still a Ward of the Court with Phil granted intermediate residency. The only person that can give Lexi to Lola is a Judge. If phil just does it without the Courts knowledge and conselnt, they would both lose Residency - permenantly.
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,398
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Exactly, that is what a few of us have been saying. Handing Lexi back isn't actually phil's decision to make. Whilst Lola has made a lot of progress which SS seem to recognise, Lexi is still a Ward of the Court with Phil granted intermediate residency. The only person that can give Lexi to Lola is a Judge. If phil just does it without the Courts knowledge and conselnt, they would both lose Residency - permenantly.

That's what a LOT of us have been saying:);)
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He couldn't just give her back. That's why it was ludicrous when you suggested that Shirley would have gotten Lexi back for Lola...

This is a decision for the courts, not the people involved.
  • Options
    Shirley CarterShirley Carter Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »

Makes sense. ;)
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    That's what a LOT of us have been saying:);)

Yes, you're right - a lot, maybe even most people have been saying it for several months. One party can just decide to drop their custody petition thus leaving the child in the defendant's care in a private case as jack and Roxys was last year but it is totally different once Social Services are involved.

Without wishing to be a Told You So. I seem to recall saying that this Hearing in March was only going to be a 3 month review of the arrangements and no final decision would be made for some months further.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lola does get lexi back for good at the end of the week.

I didnt say shirley would just get lexi back to lola i said shed influence the judge and back her up against phil which she wouldve done had she been in the court. Sharon stood back and said nothing
  • Options
    MinxyRach7MinxyRach7 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Source?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MinxyRach7 wrote: »
    Source?

Seen it on another forum and theres promo pics of lola/lexi plus no mention of the storyline after this week spoilers are held back..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member

I didnt say shirley would just get lexi back to lola i said shed influence the judge and back her up against phil which she wouldve done had she been in the court. Sharon stood back and said nothing

And the judge would take notice of a drunken, worn old boot who abandoned her own children (one disabled) why exactly? If anything, it would probably HURT Lola's case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blaming Phil for the worrying situation, Sharon angrily claims that he's become a monster and has only ever been using Lexi as a replacement for Ben.
    didnt shirl say this 4 months ago? And phil didnt argue with her cos he knew she was right
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Let's hope its going to end soon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its not really gone anywhere. All will be forgiven now phil will give lexi back. No real explanation for phils motives.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    He couldn't just give her back. That's why it was ludicrous when you suggested that Shirley would have gotten Lexi back for Lola...

This is a decision for the courts, not the people involved.

That would be true in the real world, but EE is fiction & its the writers who decide on which story line will get the greatest responce from the viewers. In others words dont take it to seriously,the writers dont.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    ecckles wrote: »

That would be true in the real world, but EE is fiction & its the writers who decide on which story line will get the greatest responce from the viewers. In others words dont take it to seriously,the writers dont.

But the writers should take it seriously. It could be damaging for people who is in the same boat in the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But the writers should take it seriously. It could be damaging for people who is in the same boat in the end.

This. Theyve just used it as a plot device for phil/sharon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This. Theyve judt used it as a plot device for phil/sharon

Which is wrong of them. There is alot of people who will take the ending as gospel. The storyline on paper probably sounded great. But, they've missed a opportunity. It could of opened eyes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which is wrong of them. There is alot of people who will take the ending as gospel. The storyline on paper probably sounded great. But, they've missed a opportunity. It could of opened eyes.

My cousin is going through the same thing. I said to my mum why doesnt she just kidnap the baby then the grandparents will see the error of their ways. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My cousin is going through the same thing. I said to my mum why doesnt she just kidnap the baby then the grandparents will see the error of their ways. :rolleyes:

It would make it worse.
    I can understand why Lola did it, but in real life...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would make it worse.

Exactly. There would be no Sharon to tell them what theyre doing is wrong and they probably wouldnt change their minds like phil will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Filiman wrote: »
    And the judge would take notice of a drunken, worn old boot who abandoned her own children (one disabled) why exactly? If anything, it would probably HURT Lola's case.

How rude. :mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would make it worse.

Lets face it, lola is irresponsible, and will get fed up of Lexi in a few days. She'll soon go back to her bad ways. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lets face it, lola is irresponsible, and will get fed up of Lexi in a few days. She'll soon go back to her bad ways. :mad:

Lola is alot better than the likes of Kat & roxy
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from being bored stiff by this never ending storyline, I just can't take a character called 'Lola' seriously. :D. Plus how come someone who is supposed to be such a mess mentally looks like an immaculate fashion model even on her off days? :rolleyes: