Options

Greg Edwards

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    SaharaDan wrote: »
    I recently found out, from a very well respected "source", that Greg is currently seeking his next show - and it could be with Smooth Radio (not certain though), but I have a feeling that anyone interested in hearing Greg anytime soon, will have to keep asking Smooth Radio .... "Where is Greg Edwards?" as they may be dragging their heels, and anyway, currently Andy Peebles has the 6 - 9 Saturday slot with his "Soul Train" show and as my "source" says, Smooth may be happy with Andy Peebles' style.
    SaharaDan

I wasn't this source - but I can confirm that Greg's agent has approached Smooth many months ago putting Greg forward however nothing has come of it. It was simply a touting letter sent from the agent to the management at Smooth Radio.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    VR4 wrote: »
    I wasn't this source - but I can confirm that Greg's agent has approached Smooth many months ago putting Greg forward however nothing has come of it. It was simply a touting letter sent from the agent to the management at Smooth Radio.

Hi VR4,

Thanks for your information, its very interesting.

I have already emailed Smooth to alert them (if they did'nt know already) of Greg's available position, and the value which he could bring to Smooth and complement their line - up.

I really think that not only would 'Greg on Smooth', be a great combination, but he really would be good for them - (especially liven up their Saturday evenings anyway).

I think we need to get as many people as posible to email smooth and let them know that Greg is out there and at the moment there is an opportunity to make a great addition to the station.

I sent my email to:
    Paul Fairburn - Station Director of Smooth Radio
    mail@paulfairburn.com

I suggest, anyone wishing to hear Greg any time soon on the radio, should send Smooth, a similar, short, polite email, and hopefully they may get the message.

All the best

SaharaDan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Hi VR4,

Thanks for your information, its very interesting.

You're welcome!
    I think we need to get as many people as posible to email smooth and let them know that Greg is out there and at the moment there is an opportunity to make a great addition to the station.

I sent my email to:
    Paul Fairburn - Station Director of Smooth Radio
    mail@paulfairburn.com

I suggest, anyone wishing to hear Greg any time soon on the radio, should send Smooth, a similar, short, polite email, and hopefully they may get the message.

All the best
    SaharaDan

You'd be better sending it to Paul.Fairburn@SmoothRadio.com then hacking him off sending a Smooth mail to his 'home' / 'freelance' email.

Also Paul doesn't hire and fire - it's all dictated from John Simons as to who is on the Smooth stations.
  • Options
    RadioJohnRadioJohn Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wondering if anyone has any information as to what Greg is up to at the moment??

I was hoping that he would have been back on the Radio by Now!!!!
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missing Greg BADLY, now..............................Ive listened to him since Capital 194 on Medium Wave in 1979.....................................he may be enjoying semi-retirement!!! We may not get him back................................................................
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Greg is back at last headlining a new monthly night at the Cambridge Hotel in Camberley, where Frenchies was. First one on Saturday 4th July check out the flyer
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=89247280115

Soul & Funk is Back at the Cambridge Hotel, London Road, Camberley.
    Soul, Disco and Jazz/Funk
    8.30pm - 2am
    Admission £10, Conc £8

You Like It, We Love It, Everybody's Getting Down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greg Edwards does the travel on various BBC local radio stations in the north and has done for years.

However I do concede that's probably a different one! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greg will be back on the radio next week March 11th 8pm-10pm on internet radio station Morpher Radio, I am not sure if this is a one off show or a regular slot!! But it will be nice to hear him back at the mike after a long time away!!

http://www.vinylmorpher.co.uk/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just another update for all Greg Edwards fans, He will be back on Jazz-Fm sunday 28th March 10am-1pm sitting for Robbie Vincent, And about time too!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gregs done the last couple of weeks shows for Robbie Vincent, on the Sunday mornings at 10 on JAZZFM; Robbies not very well at the moment, so he may be filling in for another couple of weeks............
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Yeah, he said last week that he would be on again this Sunday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it look's like Greg has moved on from Jazz-fm, Mike Vitti is sitting in for Robbie Vincent this sunday 10am-!pm and then I understand Jeff Young is taking over the show untill Robbie returns,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a quick heads up for all fans of Greg Edwards, He will be a guest DJ on the Craig Charles's Soul All Nighter on BBC R 2 next saturday Its starts at 10pm on R2 and i beleive Greg is on from 1am-2am
  • Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Greg Edwards on BBC Radio 2!

Now that I must hear.
  • Options
    Andy WalmsleyAndy Walmsley Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Link to the Craig Charles programme here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b014982q
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    DEmmerson wrote: »
    Oh, how I miss him too. The weekend is just not the same without him. Thank goodness I recorded lots of his shows.
    IIs there any chance you could upload some of Greg’s (Greg Edwards) soul spectrum (Captial radio) via forum. I can’t find any except a small you tube piece.
    Thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just an update....

Greg does his Soul Spectrum show Live on www.mi-soul.com Sundays at 1pm.

Hope this helps.:)
  • Options
    Seagull259Seagull259 Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keefjaxon wrote: »
    Just an update....

Greg does his Soul Spectrum show Live on www.mi-soul.com Sundays at 1pm.

Hope this helps.:)

Thanks - have not listened to Mi-Soul for a while. Great to hear Greg again. :) Listening via the website - does anybody have an URL I can add to Winamp?

Bringing back memories of Capital in its heyday. Like stephen500 above am also looking for some Capital Soul Spectrum recordings. Can anybody help?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    www.mi-soul.com/play

Don't know much about URLs....if anything. Lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I've been listening the last couple of weeks to Mike Vitti and Greg Edwards on Mi-soul, I get it via tunein app on my phone and bluetooth it to my hifi
  • Options
    NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can listen again to the Soul Spectrum show on mixcloud
    http://www.mixcloud.com/MiSoul/