Options

30 second recordings

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
Forum Member
I'm sure I've seen this reported here before, so apologies for repetition, but the search can't pin it down for me.

Since the recent upgrade to .6 and using autopadding (1min/5min) I've now had two occasions when only 30 secs of recording has occurred. Once was on BBC1 I think, a couple of weeks ago, and now this last week it did it on a Sky Three recording.

The recording shows in the progs list as having a time of (eg.) 2059 to 2059 and on viewing it there is exactly 30 seconds of recording. I guess it's the first 30s as it was trailers, etc, not the programme itself.

These two were both recordings set up for Weekly and had worked correctly on previous weeks. AFAIK there were no other recordings going on at the same time.

It's not happened often enough to me for me to see any common thread here. Is it just the autopadding being flaky?

I'd rather not drop the 1 minute start a/p as before we had this we often missed the start of progs (probably in part because of the time it takes for the box to boot from cold).

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Just giving this a bump. I could have sworn I'd read another account of this happening.

Or maybe it's just my mind suffering serious deja vu :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Have you done a factory reset and/or a power cycle since the update?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you done a factory reset and/or a power cycle since the update?
    I've done a factory reset in the recent past, but I can't remember now if it was after a bug event or the upgrade. We have had at least one power cut since the upgrade, so I'm pretty sure that will have cycled it :)

What makes you think that might help? (I'm reluctant to do another factory reset without a good reason as it loses our programme favourites and it's a PITA rebuilding it :( )