Jacqueline Jossa naming her baby 'Ella Selina'

Comments

• iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Her daughter didn't choose to be in the spotlight though. It's not her fault that she's plastered on the cover of a magazine or that her dad is on a reality show.

I would never swap places with a celebrity personally. I wanted to be an actress when I was younger, before I realised that it's not always possible to just act without being forced to be a "celebrity". People seem to think that money makes having no privacy easy. Those people clearly don't have strangers stalking their kids.
    The child isn't even one week old, I really don't think somebody of that age would be crying in their cornflakes over somebody disliking their name

For the record, I didn't mean I wanted to BE a celebrity
    My point was that if I was to swap places with Jac then I would accept that I'm in the public eye and there to be judged
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella is pretty, but I don't like Selina. As long as they do and the person with the name does. At least they haven't called it Jermajesty, Reign, Princess, Bronx, or Buddy Bear. The people with these names might like them. It's a matter of opinion.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    And why would the tabloids be able to discover this without her? Because she is the one who put herself in the limelight in the first place

What, do you really expect every opinion and comment from the millions of people who know about you to be sickly sweet? Especially given some certain people in this world? No

You put yourself on a stage, expect an audience
    Especially if you're marrying someone who is on a TV show that REALLY is about judging people

So by your logic, anyone who has any kind of fame at all, has no right to any privacy whatsoever and everyone is free to judge them, and their newborn children.

The nature of people's comments isn't the point. The point is that no matter how famous someone is, we have to draw the line at some point. It is nasty, vindictive and cruel to criticise a newborn child's name on a public forum when she's barely been alive for a week. If you really cannot see that then I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.
    Forum Member
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    So by your logic, anyone who has any kind of fame at all, has no right to any privacy whatsoever and everyone is free to judge them, and their newborn children.

The nature of people's comments isn't the point. The point is that no matter how famous someone is, we have to draw the line at some point. It is nasty, vindictive and cruel to criticise a newborn child's name on a public forum when she's barely been alive for a week. If you really cannot see that then I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.
    Dear, saying you dislike somebody's childs name is not an invasion of privacy :D

However yes to some extent
    When you start a family with somebody known for being controversial on a trash TV show ABOUT judging people then I really don't see how you can expect all your life to be shut out from the rest of the world and every comment to be fawning over you.

To be in the limelight, you have to have thick skin.
    In fact to succeed at anything in life, you have to have thick skin.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The child isn't even one week old, I really don't think somebody of that age would be crying in their cornflakes over somebody disliking their name

For the record, I didn't mean I wanted to BE a celebrity
    My point was that if I was to swap places with Jac then I would accept that I'm in the public eye and there to be judged

That's not the point. Criticizing a child's name because she can't understand what you're saying doesn't make it ok. Why did you even feel the need to do it? Why do you think it's ok to drag a child into a negative thread because her mum is an actress?

It's very easy to say that you would accept criticism from strangers just for naming your daughter Ella when you haven't experienced it.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's well known that people called Ella, and indeed all people who have deviations of the name Eleanor (such as Elly, as a completely random example) are beautiful, kind, gentle, great listeners and beloved of everyone in this world. The name means 'Light', which is exactly what all Ellas and Ellys represent. They make this dull world a more fabulous place.

Not sure about the name Matt. I think it means 'Bitter' or something?
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slow day Matt...her child, her choice, she not asking you or anyone's opinion on what she names her child...it's a lovely name and this is a soap forum not showbiz forum. .
    Forum Member
    Dear, saying you dislike somebody's childs name is not an invasion of privacy :D

However yes to some extent
    When you start a family with somebody known for being controversial on a trash TV show ABOUT judging people then I really don't see how you can expect all your life to be shut out from the rest of the world and every comment to be fawning over you.

To be in the limelight, you have to have thick skin.
    In fact to succeed at anything in life, you have to have thick skin.

But why is it one thing or the other? You've said it yourself, that you see it as either "every aspect of life is completely fair game for judging" or "no one is allowed to criticise anything at all". There's a mid-ground.

It varies depending on what it is about her you're discussing. Bringing someone's children into a discussion is never acceptable. Even the super-famous such as Michael Jackson, Barack Obama, David Beckham etc only let the press have bare minimum of discussion about their children.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While it's not very imaginative as its very popular, it's a nice enough name better than going for something silly.
    Forum Member
    That's not the point. Criticizing a child's name because she can't understand what you're saying doesn't make it ok. Why did you even feel the need to do it? Why do you think it's ok to drag a child into a negative thread because her mum is an actress?

It's very easy to say that you would accept criticism from strangers just for naming your daughter Ella when you haven't experienced it.
    Why did I feel the need to do it? Because it's my opinion
    This forum is about opinions, this WORLD is about opinions
    My opinions I will give

As for 'thinking it's okay'? I can't see the distressing harm some seem to be talking about by criticizing the name of a person, any person. No, I consider it my opinion. Everyone has an opinion on stuff, and people are far more negative than they like to make out.

And haha, I don't know about you, but I think I'm just about tough enough to get over some stranger on the internet criticizing a name. No, I'd hope that most people have the ability not to take something as petty as that to heart.
    Forum Member
    My opinions I will give

As for 'thinking it's okay'? I can't see the distressing harm some seem to be talking about by criticizing the name of a person, any person. No, I consider it my opinion. Everyone has an opinion on stuff, and people are far more negative than they like to make out.

And haha, I don't know about you, but I think I'm just about tough enough to get over some stranger on the internet criticizing a name. No, I'd hope that most people have the ability not to take something as petty as that to heart.

Let's not forget that you also proudly proclaimed that "she has married an idiot and they will divorce within a year".

Come on now... that is clearly crossing the line. If someone said that about you who didn't even know you, you would not be okay with that.
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    It's well known that people called Ella, and indeed all people who have deviations of the name Eleanor (such as Elly, as a completely random example) are beautiful, kind, gentle, great listeners and beloved of everyone in this world. The name means 'Light', which is exactly what all Ellas and Ellys represent. They make this dull world a more fabulous place.

Not sure about the name Matt. I think it means 'Bitter' or something?
    Hmm, nah it's still dull

And not a great response
    However I shall admit the name 'Matt' is relatively flat
    However that is why I am usually referred to as 'Matthew', not quite sure what was going through my head when I decided to call my username 'Mat'
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Slow day Matt...her child, her choice, she not asking you or anyone's opinion on what she names her child...it's a lovely name and this is a soap forum not showbiz forum. .
    Her career, her marriage and her decision to be a celebrity are also her choice
    Do you think the whole country are going to gather round and sing songs of praise over the fact she named her child Ella?
    But why is it one thing or the other? You've said it yourself, that you see it as either "every aspect of life is completely fair game for judging" or "no one is allowed to criticise anything at all". There's a mid-ground.

It varies depending on what it is about her you're discussing. Bringing someone's children into a discussion is never acceptable. Even the super-famous such as Michael Jackson, Barack Obama, David Beckham etc only let the press have bare minimum of discussion about their children.
    Err, not quite sure when I said the second one
    Everything is open to criticism, more so when you choose to be a celebrity, a career in which your job is basically to be criticized

Bringing a child's name in to it is perfectly acceptable
    Everyone has an opinion on a name, why shouldn't we share it?
    Forum Member
    Let's not forget that you also proudly proclaimed that "she has married an idiot and they will divorce within a year".

Come on now... that is clearly crossing the line. If someone said that about you who didn't even know you, you would not be okay with that.
    Yes, I stand by that
    His entire role on TOWIE is to be a 'gormless player'
    Both him and Jacqueline know that, it's a role he plays
    A role he also CHOOSES to play, therefore he chooses to receive criticism

And I think I'd be perfectly fine with that :D
    I'm man enough to get over some randomer on the internet daring to criticize my marriage

Will I need that randomer in one weeks time? No, I will not

Also, if I was to marry someone that plays the type of role Dan Osbourne does on TOWIE then I'd be perfectly accepting of the criticism that comes with it

I'd accept I'm marrying a celebrity on one of the most controversial shows in Britain, the I'm sensible enough to know that the reaction is hardly going to be sunshine and roses
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Her career, her marriage and her decision to be a celebrity are also her choice
    Do you think the whole country are going to gather round and sing songs of praise over the fact she named her child Ella?

She a actress in a soap but also a human being and a new mother, she not married and she has a right to privacy like anyone.

No cause the only one who seems to concerned about her child's name is you.

It's weird to get so defensive about something so meaningless, it's a name she not asking you to name your unborn child it.
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Selena sounds like the name of a bland ten-for-a-penny prostitute.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, nah it's still dull

And not a great response
    However I shall admit the name 'Matt' is relatively flat
    However that is why I am usually referred to as 'Matthew', not quite sure what was going through my head when I decided to call my username 'Mat'

Ah, yes, I know what Matthew means. Bitter AND pretentious.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should have called her Siobhan, Siobhan's are great. BTW Matt she isn't married someone needs to get the latest copy of OK magazine. :D
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    She a actress in a soap but also a human being and a new mother, she not married and she has a right to privacy like anyone.

No cause the only one who seems to concerned about her child's name is you.

It's weird to get so defensive about something so meaningless, it's a name she not asking you to name your unborn child it.
    And as I said, criticizing a child's name is hardly invading someone's privacy :D

I wouldn't say I was 'concerned' with it, I have an opinion on it, like everyone else does
    Shevk wrote: »
    Ella Selena sounds like the name of a bland ten-for-a-penny prostitute.
    :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Selina is Jac Jossa mother's name.
    Forum Member
    She should have called her Siobhan, Siobhan's are great. BTW Matt she isn't married someone needs to get the latest copy of OK magazine. :D
    Hahaha, this just gets better and better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And as I said, criticizing a child's name is hardly invading someone's privacy :D

I wouldn't say I was 'concerned' with it, I have an opinion on it, like everyone else does

:D:D:D

No only you seem to have a concerned opinion on it, most really don't care what she names her child.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My opinions I will give

So you never let a random opinion go unvoiced? Even when that opinion is a negative opinion related to a child?

This is a negative thread about a baby. That's all it is. It's not even about Jacqueline. It's not her name. What's so wrong with her giving her baby a "bland" name anyway?
    Hahaha, this just gets better and better

So is this where you now put down unwed mothers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While quite common, I think Ella is a lovely name. I also believe Selina is Jacqueline Jossa's mother's name.

I personally like the two together, and Jacqueline & Danny obviously do, so it's hardly any of our business.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    It's none of our business.

Absolutely this :)
    Forum Member
    So you never let a random opinion go unvoiced? Even when that opinion is a negative opinion related to a child?

This is a negative thread about a baby. That's all it is. It's not even about Jacqueline. It's not her name. What's so wrong with her giving her baby a "bland" name anyway?

So is this where you now put down unwed mothers?
    I couldn't care less about a randomer's opinion
    I'm aware that every action I perform will create opinions somehow, therefore my skin is thick enough to take that, so bearing that in mind I really don't have time to bite my nails off over some stranger on the internet who I will probably never meet

And that's correct