Options

Jacqueline Jossa naming her baby 'Ella Selina'

124»

Comments

• Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    TellMeMore wrote: »
    If we all raised the money together, could we find and buy a shipping container large enough to house Matt and his humongous ego for a decade or six?

Sounds good to me.
    It's a pity Sarah has become an unpopular name, it's very pretty and also biblical. I can understand why women of my age wouldn't use it as there were lots of Sarahs around in the seventies but I can't understand why this generation aren't keen on it.

I really hate Sarah personally, which is unfortunate as it's my name. I'm also an atheist so the biblical thing has no appeal either, heh.
    There are still so many Sarahs around (where I live anyway,) just about every second girl I meet is called Sarah. I loathe having such a bland, common, generic name. It doesn't do much for one's self esteem to feel like the billionth generic person off a conveyor belt. No offence to any other Sarahs. If anyone likes the name then good luck to them, I just can't bear it.
    I think Ella is a perfectly lovely name. I'd like to hear what name the OP would have chosen? I'm sure little Ella will thank her parents in later life for not burdening her with a silly name just because they are celebrities and are trying to be original and different unlike the poor Apples and Norths of this world!

I agree. Overly common names are awful (not that Ella is really overly common) but no one wants to be called ****ing North West…
    OP inactive for speaking his mind own up who reported him?

I imagine he's inactive for being a nasty, misogynistic troll in every post he ever makes. Wouldn't be surprised if dozens of people had reported him today for various things.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I would say he was jealous. A while back he had a thread on advice or GD asking the best way for him to get into reality tv! So naturally he is obsessed with it to the point that he brags about spending all his pocket money on sub beds and fake tan and has no plans for a real job when he leaves school.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Horrible terrible name what on earth is Jacqueline thinking :o

I don't think Ella's that bad. At least it's not a name that comes from an object.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Horrible terrible name what on earth is Jacqueline thinking :o

Nope he got banned for his attitude not his opinion. Seen this many times from him and it was only a matter of time before he peed someone off big time. His condescending 'dear' is a particular bug bear of mine, there's just no need for it.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with Ella, perfectly nice name though I'm not sure it rolls off the tongue easily with Selina but perhaps that's just me! Either way I've heard a lot worse (looking at you Buddy Bear, Apple, North West - poor kids)

Funny how all these names which I thought of as 'granny' names are now back in fashion (my gran's best friend was called Ella and she'd have been over 100 now!). I was born in the sixties and lost count of how many Sharon, Tracey, Debra/Deborah and Gary's there were in my year at school - I wonder if they'll come back into vogue eventually too?!
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's such an unoffensive, normal name to get so worked up over.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt is a nasty piece of work who has been insulting people all week

His comments regarding bullying, women and age haven't been opinions, they have actually been offensive. I dread to think what his views are over mental ilness, homosexuality, religion, race and many other topics. The shocking thing is he is only 17. I bet his parents are proud. His comments came across ever so old fashioned, i assumed he was a 50 year old man stuck in the past. But no, he is a a teenager.

Ella is a lovely name, but if i didn't like it, I wouldn't start a thread bashing it, and being argumentative for no reason.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    emmaxxs wrote: »
    Pretty popular but really don't think maisy is the Sarah of this generation as you put it, not that there's anything wrong with the name Sarah. I was wrong though, I was not looking at the official list, just looked and Maisie was number 41.

I never mentioned the name Sarah? :D
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    I really hate Sarah personally, which is unfortunate as it's my name.

I don't like the name Sarah either but I can't explain why!
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of the middle name but Ella is cute.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. I have no idea who Jacqueline Jossa is.

2. I think Ella is a lovely name.

3. Not keen on Selina or the combo of Ella Selina but is it really worth starting a thread over!?
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't choose it but it's her choice, so can't be faulted