Options

Give us 32x search! 16x too slow and 64x too fast...or is it in the update?

Bouncer5Bouncer5 Posts: 615
Forum Member
✭✭
Title says it all really. Think this would be good cos 16x is quite slow when forwardsing breaks, but 64x goes right past it often. Or is it in the update as i dont have it.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Bouncer5 wrote:
    Title says it all really. Think this would be good cos 16x is quite slow when forwardsing breaks, but 64x goes right past it often. Or is it in the update as i dont have it.

I agree an in between speed would be useful however i simply tap the adskip button 4 times and this usually takes me straight to the next part of the program!

More options for ad skip would be good too, two and four minute options would be great and save my thumb!
  • Options
    mr.susanmr.susan Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Bouncer5 wrote:

It depends on whether you have the model with the flux capacitor or not :p
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humax are aware of feelings on this one, and it is on the list of improvements submitted to their engineers.
  • Options
    Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neilleeds wrote:
    More options for ad skip would be good too, two and four minute options would be great and save my thumb!

Commercial Skip is configurable (as well as Instant Replay in case you go too far.)
  • Options
    Captain CodCaptain Cod Posts: 2,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two buttons that should not be under the flap. Yellow and Blue could probably be programmed to do the same job.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    first thing I did was to remove the flap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Two buttons that should not be under the flap. Yellow and Blue could probably be programmed to do the same job.

When watching TV, the D-Pad (UP, Down, Left + Right) buttons do nothing.

Being used to XBMC (XBOX Media Centre) I'd like to see the following...

UP Skip forward 10 mins
    Right Skip forward 1 Min

Down Skip backwards 5 mins
    Left Skip backwards 15 sec
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Completely agree. Why doesnt the circular direction button in the middle control the commerical skip. I use those buttons all the time so ripped off the silly flap. I suppose the people who designed the remote dont use the unit much!
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    No-one's pointed out that 64X is not really 64X - if you time it, it's more like 192X. This is the real problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    Max Demian wrote:
    Commercial Skip is configurable (as well as Instant Replay in case you go too far.)

Yes but only to a maximum of 60secs, hence the 4 presses for a four minute ad break, if i could change it to two or four minutes it would be great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote:
    No-one's pointed out that 64X is not really 64X - if you time it, it's more like 192X. This is the real problem.

In the list of last updates didn't Humax say something about a 'more managable' x64. I think it's got worse since the last update not better and the speed seems to differ even more when watching a buffered program and a recorded one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    first thing I did was to remove the flap.

I don't even know where the flap is anymore. It's probably down the side of the sofa somewhere.
  • Options
    WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J9999 wrote:
    I don't even know where the flap is anymore. It's probably down the side of the sofa somewhere.

What?!...you've misplaced the sofa too ? :D