Tom Bradby and Nick Robinson

JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
Forum Member
✭✭
This pair are among the most blatantly biased news reporters in the country, and are senior correspondents.

It's understandable from ITV but surely the BBC should know better than to let their senior correspondent be so blatantly partisan?

Comments

• jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Stapleton ahead of the last debate yesterday actually said Brown could win it because of his record as chancellor. :D

I don't even bother listening to any of them any more.
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    James J wrote: »
    This pair are among the most blatantly biased news reporters in the country, and are senior correspondents.

It's understandable from ITV but surely the BBC should know better than to let their senior correspondent be so blatantly partisan?

Er - which way are you suggesting he (Robinson) is biased?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres some really bad blood between Brown/reporters.
    you look at the Easy ride blair got today he basically had them eating out of his hand.

someone raised a very good point earlier on blair ALWAYS took/takes time to stop to talk with the reporters..Brown just flies past them all saying very little.
  • BRMBBRMB Posts: 3,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing one or both said something that wasn't pleasing enough to our right-wing members?
  • Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    theres some really bad blood between Brown/reporters.
    you look at the Easy ride blair got today he basically had them eating out of his hand.

someone raised a very good point earlier on blair ALWAYS took/takes time to stop to talk with the reporters..Brown just flies past them all saying very little.

No fan of Blair ,but you notice difference straight away today between Brown & Blair, Blair looking natural and dealing with questions in a good humoured way and Brown just looking stiff and awkward.

Would things be different if Blair was still in charge even after all his mistakes?
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Barney06 wrote: »
    [/B]

Would things be different if Blair was still in charge even after all his mistakes?

Yes - you wouldn't be able to tell him and Clegg apart!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    John Pienaar is as bad - if not worse!
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »

Why is bias understandable from ITV (it's under the same political balance rules as the BBC) and which way do you imagine Robinson and Bradby are biased?
  • chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    I quite fancy tom bradbury.:o
  • MolipaMolipa Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I believe Nick Robinson was a member of the young Conservatives when he was at University.
    I think he was "outed" during an episode of HIGNFY a couple of years ago.
    Dunno what is political leanings are now though:rolleyes:
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    Nick Robinson is nothing but a tory boot-boy.

Andrew Neil is the worst though. I wouldn't be surprised if he had an inflatable Maggie in his sock drawer.
  • Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Bradby is a conservative supporter - he went to an expensive private prep school and was previously a royal correspondent. Of course he's biased. I wish there was a bit more balance in the covering of the elections.
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    John Stapleton ahead of the last debate yesterday actually said Brown could win it because of his record as chancellor. :D

I don't even bother listening to any of them any more.

I would have expected better from John Stapleton. I used to think he was politically savvy.