Options

LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Memo to Dr Death - Brick Lane is in postcode E1, which is most definitely in Tower Hamlets and not in Shoreditch, which comes under the London Borough of Hackney.

Edit - and another one, can someone tell him that talking and barely suppressing burps, does not sound good.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    'I've often said to people, in this business.....' - he really thinks he's a star!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oi Allen ! Shut the F*** up about food/food hygiene when eating out. If you are so fussy, eat at home but then I suppose most of your act would be gone then.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Oi Allen ! Shut the F*** up about food/food hygiene when eating out. If you are so fussy, eat at home but then I suppose most of your act would be gone then.

Among his many obsessions, is food hygiene as he imagines it. He thinks that people serving food and wearing gloves is mandatory. Well, I suppose it is, providing they regularly change them (which they probably don't) and it is far better to have naked hands which are washed often, using the facilities available to staff.
    Doesn't he ever watch cooking programmes on TV? The one's I have seen don't show any participants wearing disposable gloves.
    As you say, why doesn't he shut up about it, or at least get psychological help over his problem and his many other hang ups.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Multiple posts removed from yesterday - including mine, which was non- political & purely observational, regarding JO'B's adoption & the amount of times Ray Winstone's book advert is aired....

I wonder why ? :confused:

I am listening to my sky+ recording of SA's show, this morning. The Stig/Petrie show is a big no-no !! They are discussing, in detail, political torturing :o

Happy Weekend to All x
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Multiple posts removed from yesterday - including mine, which was non- political & purely observational, regarding JO'B's adoption & the amount of times Ray Winstone's book advert is aired....

Blimey, hadn't noticed that. There wasn't anything offensive about the J O'B and Winstone comments. I suspect that the pointless wrangle about political posting was flagged up and the mods just sighed deeply and wiped out the whole day. Thanks a bunch, thread police! One of these days the whole thread will vanish! >:(

Morning all. :)
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, I've not forgotten who the parties were and will be watching for them criticising others for doing the same thing in the future.

Which they will
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, I've not forgotten who the parties were and will be watching for them criticising others for doing the same thing in the future.

Which they will

Very much :confused: as to the meaning of this post.......
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member

Which they will

Goes to show if someone doesn't like Russell Brand, I never have, the 'parties' take it as a political jibe pathetically enough.
  • Options
    Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I noticed that. Moderation here on comments to rival that of The Guardian.
  • Options
    clitheroe1clitheroe1 Posts: 4,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    I noticed that. Moderation here on comments to rival that of The Guardian.

I really don't understand why anyone would request for those posts yesterday to be deleted, they seemed harmless enough to me and didn't appear to be in conflict with any terms and conditions. It's as though someone is trying to censor or restrict posts that they don't agree with. I would have thought the more sensible approach would be to ignore them, block them or to debate the issues on here rather than asking for them to disappear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen the new pics of Prince George issued by Kensington Palace. Steve Allen said the child looked fat, he doesn't! He looks like any normal child his age, only not wearing clothes from Primark or the local market.
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clitheroe1 wrote: »
    I've just seen the new pics of Prince George issued by Kensington Palace. Steve Allen said the child looked fat, he doesn't! He looks like any normal child his age, only not wearing clothes from Primark or the local market.

Steve's "obsession" with the size of other people, which would now seen to include babies, is getting disturbing:o I was half-listening to his In Conversation with Roy Winstone earlier, Steve seemed to be eulogising the Kray Twins which Ray thankfully put a stop to, Ray seemed very uncomfortable with the mere mention of the Kray twins, does anyone know if he mentions them in his book?
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    does anyone know if he mentions them in his book?

Have you not heard the advert yet ? :confused
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you not heard the advert yet ? :confused:

Well, no, that's why I asked Sleeps:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, no, that's why I asked Sleeps:p

Yes he does talk about them in the book :p...........: I've got it ordered for Mrs S for crimbo !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Steve has so angry at someone preparing his sandwich with their bare hands that he nearly called the manager to complain. Instead he just ate it! He has nothing to worry about though because as long as the person washes their hands before handing food it's arguable more hygienic than wearing gloves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve has so angry at someone preparing his sandwich with their bare hands that he nearly called the manager to complain. Instead he just ate it! He has nothing to worry about though because as long as the person washes their hands before handing food it's arguable more hygienic than wearing gloves.

I wash my hands about 30+ times a day, when working with food
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes he does talk about them in the book :p...........: I've got it ordered for Mrs S for crimbo !

Well thank you:) and if that's the case Ray Winstone really cannot have it both ways, if he wants to publicise the book by mentioning the Kray twins he really can't get shirty with Steve for raising the topic in the interview.

If you wait long enough Sleeps I'm sure you will be able to find this book remaindered on some railway station for a tenth of the asking price, do that and Mrs S can have a decent present, most women would be grateful for a cashmere cardigan, yes, they're expensive but they can keep you warm for years and years:)
  • Options
    thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Goes to show if someone doesn't like Russell Brand, I never have, the 'parties' take it as a political jibe pathetically enough.

It was all about Russell Brand then was it? Don't think so somehow.;-)
  • Options
    CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Steve's "obsession" with the size of other people, which would now seen to include babies, is getting disturbing:o I was half-listening to his In Conversation with Roy Winstone earlier, Steve seemed to be eulogising the Kray Twins which Ray thankfully put a stop to, Ray seemed very uncomfortable with the mere mention of the Kray twins, does anyone know if he mentions them in his book?

He eulogises over knowing Babs Windsor, although I haven't heard him crowing over her recently. Her past association with the Krays never seemed to put Steve off either. A most peculiar man. :o
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This pretty much sums up how truly, truly sad a radio act Steve Allen has become, and he dares to go on and on about the talentless existence of Z-list celebs:D:blush::kitty: (honestly, there are not enough icons to convey an accurate feeling). The man doesn't know irony when it literally gouges his eye out. I've ceased being appalled by him. His show is one giant waste of precious 2 and a half hours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    This pretty much sums up how truly, truly sad a radio act Steve Allen has become, and he dares to go on and on about the talentless existence of Z-list celebs:D:blush::kitty: (honestly, there are not enough icons to convey an accurate feeling). The man doesn't know irony when it literally gouges his eye out. I've ceased being appalled by him. His show is one giant waste of precious 2 and a half hours.

He always seems to pick on easy targets: usually women and now an infant boy. I wonder why he never has a go at Ray Winstone's weight?
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know about Ray Winstone's book but, in her autobiography, another of Steve's 'bosom buddies' , Babs Windsor, certainly mentions exactly how friendly she was with the Krays.
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    He eulogises over knowing Babs Windsor, although I haven't heard him crowing over her recently. Her past association with the Krays never seemed to put Steve off either. A most peculiar man. :o

He was happy enough to retell how he's had Mad Frankie Fraser in for an interview.
This discussion has been closed.