Dailymotion Subscriptions

I have just joined Dailymotion, mainly for being able to watch Home and Away on the same day as Australia. I am hoping this is a free service, I have Home and away as a subscription which means when I log in I get the latest episode. Is there a charge for Subscription? If so how on earth does it collect the money, as I have been using it for over a week now.
2nd Question I have Dailymotion on my Sony Bravia Smart TV. There is nowhere to log in to my account and it also appears that it is not the full service?

Comments

• jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Dailymotion does not buy licences for anything. It is used for user to share there own files. However it is commonly used for people people to share copy righted files without the consent of the owner; like many video streaming ,cloud storage services This is probably what you've found.

I don't know anything about this home and away but you won't find any legal service to watch this show. As such service would potentially affect ratings for channel 5 and doubt channel 5 would be happy about that.
  • The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    You're watching pirated episodes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    No ones perfect. I am very happy to watch pirated episodes. Or intrested in Ch 5 views
    Thats not what my original post was about.

1) Any cost on Subscriptions?
    2) Sony Bravia Smart TV access?
    :confused:
    :confused::confused:

Cheers Anyway lol :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing by subscribe you have subscribed to the 'channel' (aka user) that is uploading the videos.

Just means you'll get alerted on when new videos are uploaded by that user.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Many Thanks chopoff, thats all I needed to know as the others remarks were beating about the bush about legalitys etc.