Femtocells comparsions

13»

Comments

• JwhiterzJwhiterz Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ih8mondays wrote: »
    You say it's open, does that mean anyone can use it?

How does that affect your broadband allowance?!

They did ask if i had unlimited broadband first. Which i do so no problems. yes it means anyone within range of it who uses the EE network can use it just like any other mast.

I have tested it a bit and it hardly impacts your broadband usage. a 20 minuet phone call uses something like 9mb according to the box it came in i think. obviously if someone was download loads of data i suppose it would but to be honest why would someone do that when there was wifi available. IE your neighbours. In the future you can add the phone numbers that work on it to a white list.
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would steer very clear of that product, anyone could use your broadband to download stuff that would get you in a lot of trouble. Read a story of a guy that left his home WiFi open and went to prison because someone used it to download pictures of kids, he could not prove it was not him as he did not know who it was
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Not a problem for me. I live in a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. The external walls are 2 foot thick. It doesn't go beyond that!
    Yeah, uses very little bandwidth. Had a problem with my broadband a while ago and my IP profile was reduced to 256Kbps (a quarter megabit). SignalBox still worked fine.
  • WelshBluebirdWelshBluebird Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just wish Three were more willing to let customers have one. Even if it meant having to pay for it. But as a monthly sim only customer, I have no chance (i've asked one and was told no).
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with some networks. Most people would pay 100 quid for one. I'd have paid nearly 3 times that if I had to.
    Vodafone give them away in cornflakes packets (almost).
    I think EE are just testing the water with the business side but hopefully (according to the Orange web site) they'll roll them out to everyone shortly.