My Pvr!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
Forum Member
about 4am it brought itself out of standby ran for 5 mins then back into standby, this was a couple of nights ago hasnt hapened before or since, I know because its on wardrobe in bedroom. and because of noise from HDD I put in standby at sleep time.
any ideas?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    billybob wrote:
    about 4am it brought itself out of standby ran for 5 mins then back into standby, this was a couple of nights ago hasnt hapened before or since, I know because its on wardrobe in bedroom. and because of noise from HDD I put in standby at sleep time.
    any ideas?

I suspect it was checking for an OTA update. Look through your options in the set up menus and you'll see what time it's set to check. It's likely it does do this every night, but it may be that it's just quieter some nights than others.

Or maybe it's something else...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The machine has a setting to wake up and check for software updates that might be over the airwaves so you dont have to bother looking into it or if say you are away on holiday. Its set to 'enable' by default and for 4am. You can change the time if it doesnt suit you for this to happen at night or disable it. Its in the 'Installation' menu.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Spoooky ........