Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    But we don't know that this happened until it has been to court. I am sure he must have enough grounds to challenge it, but even if the programme was his idea it wont necessarily mean that he is entitled to full credit. The copyright laws are very complicated.
    He's got ll the paperwork, all communications, they think that proves that they took the idea to be his from the start.
    He might just get a nice little out of court settlement, but not sure that would be enough for the other parties.
  • Options
    Laughing FairyLaughing Fairy Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o I probably get more (sick) pleasure from reading the wassock accounts.

I go slumming too, honey. :D
    No. I wouldn't do it myself. My obsessive compulsive is just this side of complete madness. Twitter would take over my every moment and I would be consumed by it....until I got bored and then I would just walk away and resent the wasted time.

I can understand that. I think it could work well though. Plenty of good twitterers don't tweet endlessly - quality, not quantity is the key, as usual. Well, there are exceptions of course.

Dinner calls, a bit belatedly. Scrambled eggs on toast in case anyone's wondering.:D
  • Options
    LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    Hiya Honey :) ..sometimes I thank Christ for a sense of the absurd ...great clip ,Colin Crompton sat reading the Beano halfway through the act was class ...I loved Wheeltappers it was really rubbish ...." the pies are ready "
    I didn't realise how much like Frank Skinner the announcer looked..
    OOPS ! i seem to have had premature post syndrome again.
    O, i thought you had started having an episode repeated like the Archers.:D
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    I love that when asked when he last bought a pasty from Greggs he replied 'I can't remember' What a tosser.
    I can't either - is that because I have never had one or am I a tosser too?:o
    I know its windy but can't see the wind or I know when Fluffers has guffed even if I don'rt hear it

Who has seen the wind?
    Neither you nor I
    But when the trees bend down their heads
    The wind is passing by.
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Does that mean I will no longer have to cover my nose when I walk past their shops. :o:D

I've just seen Eds Balls and Milliband buying stuff in Greggs (on Sky not in the flesh of course) I had visions of them asking each other 'a pasty, what's this pasty?' Bandwagons and photo opportunities spring to mind.
    Scots rool wrote: »

I always thought if you applied for jobs via the Job centre they paid for your postage? :confused: That's ridiculous having to fork out that amount of money a week out of your meagre benefit! :mad:
    Bloody 60p for a stamp is outrageous anyway! :mad:

I thought there were Job Clubs where postage was paid for too, but I suppose they'll have to close down now that stamps are more expensive than weed:rolleyes:
    Why wouldn't he be able to finance it himself? Nobody would prance around in a thong on tv unless it was exceptionally well paid. :D

Brian would, that's his idea of a good night out!
    Evenin' all!

TWITTER...

I like it. It gets a lot of abuse but that is because there are fools and tools ('scuse me) who use it. Just as there are amusing, interesting wonderful people in the community. It's only another form of communication, not the devil incarnate.

I have an account, but only to be more fully part of the system. I barely tweet, (I only did for appearances sake), it's not the point for me as I don't want the world and his aunt to know who I am, what I think, or where I'm going. Not that they would be remotely interested either. I follow a handful of people (Stevie Fry natch, who doesn't :D) if they are particularly of interest or I want updates about something very important- like William Curley chocolatier and what new flavour he might have just unleashed.

There's something for everyone, and way too much to keep up with. It's there to dip in and out of as needed. Yes, too many people are addicted, with eyes glued to their Tweetdeck - they should just learn control.

For someone in the public eye I should think it is a very useful outlet for any number of reasons. However, they should always look before they tweet as many have got into trouble by commenting rashly.

Here endeth my Tweet sermonette. :D

I feel similarly about Twitter - some minor celebs need to learn that Twitter brawling is akin to fight ing in the street, most unedifying. Some are unable to refuse the temptation and it's their undoing, but used carefully I think it's OK. I follow SF too:cool:
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    He's got ll the paperwork, all communications, they think that proves that they took the idea to be his from the start.
    He might just get a nice little out of court settlement, but not sure that would be enough for the other parties.
    Have you got the link to where it goes into detail about the claim please Hicky? I cant find it.
    Littsis wrote: »
    I didn't realise how much like Frank Skinner the announcer looked..

O, i thought you had started having an episode repeated like the Archers.:D

Who has seen the wind?
    Neither you nor I
    The wind is passing by.

I am amazed at how young Colin Crompton looks.
    I recommend the cheese and onion pasty as long as you are willing to pay the vat to have it hot.

In my head i sung the poem to the tune of...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DrOqRQQ9mg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Littsis wrote: »

Who has seen the wind?
    Neither you nor I
    The wind is passing by.

If you've never been to Greggs to buy a pasty, you know you've never been there. If you've had a couple over 30 years, you probably don't remember when the last time was. If you go every Wednesday and Friday you'd probably remember that too!

I also think that unlike George Osborne, if you've never been to Greggs for a pasty or any pastry based product, you wouldn't be afraid to say 'never had one':cool:
  • Options
    Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    If you've never been to Greggs to buy a pasty, you know you've never been there. If you've had a couple over 30 years, you probably don't remember when the last time was. If you go every Wednesday and Friday you'd probably remember that too!

I also think that unlike George Osborne, if you've never been to Greggs for a pasty or any pastry based product, you wouldn't be afraid to say 'never had one':cool:[/QUOTE]

I've never been to greggs......:o
  • Options
    Forum Member

I also think that unlike George Osborne, if you've never been to Greggs for a pasty or any pastry based product, you wouldn't be afraid to say 'never had one':cool:[/QUOTE]

with all this pasty talk i think i might be queueing outside before they open. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

with all this pasty talk i think i might be queueing outside before they open. :D

Do they have greggs in Gloucestershire??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Ahhh right.

Evening LF, some people are continually tweeting all day & night long. Quite how they get away with it while they're supposed to be working, astonishes me!

As honey has already mentioned, some people have lost the ability to compose a proper sentence, & it shows when they're using some other media platform. Maybe they become lazy..........
    .......or maybe they didn't have the ability to communicate in the 1st place. :eek:

I do however think there's a very large part of it (with some people) that they think they're so interesting, & their life is so interesting, they have to share every bloody detail about it to all & sundry.

And also the way people 'speak' to people who appear on TV etc., as if they're their best buddies. Ludicrous IMO & quite apt it's named twatter. :D

Most Twatters are only doing what we do here - announcing the weather where they are, and what they plan to do/have done today!

Condensing your thoughts into short sentences is quite a worthy exercise I think, you need a better command of the language to express yourself in fewer words. Any fool can ramble on without saying much (don't anyone dare go back through my posts on this issue):D:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm sure they do, although the shop front could be coded in order not to cause offence;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with the occasional pasty! Greggs are getting loads of free publicity today - wonder if Mr Gregg has been to dinner with DC - maybe he took along pasties!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with the occasional pasty! Greggs are getting loads of free publicity today - wonder if Mr Gregg has been to dinner with DC - maybe he took along pasties!!

I shall look out for Greggs in future though if I see either of those twa*s hanging about outside I might have to drive on......
  • Options
    Forum Member

There is one in Ciren' and another in Cheltenham and they have less fat in than those prissy little cupcakes that are all the rage. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member

There is one in Ciren' and another in Cheltenham and they have less fat in than those prissy little cupcakes that are all the rage. :p

In Ciren??? I shall look for it.

I hate cupcakes. They disgust me.They are the work of the devil. Fortunately they were a two minute wonder around here a couple of years ago and no-one in their right mind would be seen serving them now.
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Have you got the link to where it goes into detail about the claim please Hicky? I cant find it.

I am amazed at how young Colin Crompton looks.
    I recommend the cheese and onion pasty as long as you are willing to pay the vat to have it hot.

In my head i sung the poem to the tune of...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DrOqRQQ9mg
    I've got more links than a bike chain on a penny farthing.:D
    Here:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4223485/TOWIE-news-Big-Brother-star-Brian-Belo-is-demanding-that-he-is-paid-for-coming-up-with-idea-for-ITV2s-The-Only-Way-Is-Essex.html
  • Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member

In Ciren??? I shall look for it.

I hate cupcakes. They disgust me.They are the work of the devil. Fortunately they were a two minute wonder around here a couple of years ago and no-one in their right mind would be seen serving them now.

Cupcakes - fur coat and no knickers, they fail to deliver on everything except looks.
    I used to like the Greggs "traditional" Cornish pasty but they don't make them to the same recipe any more...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »

So this 'proof' is a link to an article in the Sun???? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm trying to watch The Apprentice but I have to keep muting the sound - it doesn't help me to follow what's going on:rolleyes:
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to watch The Apprentice but I have to keep muting the sound - it doesn't help me to follow what's going on:rolleyes:

Why do you have to keep muting the sound :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So this 'proof' is a link to an article in the Sun???? :rolleyes:

Which he knows darn well some of us refuse to click on.
    We might as well disband the legal system and let the sun "prove" our cases.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Nor have I. I don’t like their smell.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I can understand why.
    Barracute wrote: »
    Why do you have to keep muting the sound :confused:

Have you not been watching/listening?

There are some voices in there that are like nails on a blackboard.
This discussion has been closed.