Options

Jake Bugg

Comments

• Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Loving the indignation from the Leona fans on this thread lol. An 'unknown' outsold your fave, you need to actually get over it. Jake Bugg? Amazing potential and the debut is superb, so will be interested to see how it all pans out.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Talented but not my favourite genre.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Hype fades. Talent doesn't. Oh and Leonas sold about 20 million records with two albums. Good luck "Jake".
  • Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oasis B-Sides that no one listened to?

Oasis B-sides wiped the floor with most artists leading singles from what I remember... Talk Tonight, Half The World Away, The Masterplan, Acquiesce etc.

Yeah so that's why I didn't just say Oasis b-sides...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Loving the indignation from the Leona fans on this thread lol. An 'unknown' outsold your fave, you need to actually get over it. Jake Bugg? Amazing potential and the debut is superb, so will be interested to see how it all pans out.

I don't really care that his album outsold "Glassheart." I too will be interested to see how it pans out for him. Hopefully some new artist can stop his second album from getting to number 1 and they can say "Well it's my job to keep arrogant pricks with mediocre talent off of number 1."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    I don't really care that his album outsold "Glassheart." I too will be interested to see how it pans out for him. Hopefully some new artist can stop his second album from getting to number 1 and they can say "Well it's my job to keep arrogant pricks with mediocre talent off of number 1."

:D:D I rest my case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    And one last point, if Jake Bugg had become known through a show like the x factor (although someone as credible as him NEVER would :P) he wouldn't be cool enough for those who currently celebrate him despite his talent, so its primarily his attitude towards those shows and his "credible" roots that make him appealing, not his music, which is sad.

Not going to lie his music is fairly interesting but his personality is simply mundane and off-putting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hype fades. Talent doesn't. Oh and Leonas sold about 20 million records with two albums. Good luck "Jake".

Hype certainly does fade; you only have to look at Leona's album sales in chronological order to realise this. :p
  • Options
    r1verr1ver Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Emperors new clothes. Flash in the pan. Gone in 60 seconds. Less talent than Noel Gallagher has in his big toenail, less than Leona has in her horse's saltlick, less than Lisa Scott-Lee has in her fake tan. An abomination, and frankly, I would have to sever any friendship with anyone who had lowered themselves to buying this tripe.

Why can the NME congregation not see that this is more style over substance than anything 1D have ever released? 'I know - let's write a line about rolling a joint and hiding from the police - people will think I'm such a rebel'. So much so that I would believe you if you told me he actually was a SYCO act he's so contrived.

Yuk.
  • Options
    pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with a bit of arrogance in music. Where would we be if McCartney wasn't so arrogant that he believed he could pull off Sgt. Pepper?

Not calling him McCartney, but I think it's a shame people aren't liking him because he has belief in himself as an artist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    r1ver wrote: »
    Emperors new clothes. Flash in the pan. Gone in 60 seconds. Less talent than Noel Gallagher has in his big toenail, less than Leona has in her horse's saltlick, less than Lisa Scott-Lee has in her fake tan. An abomination, and frankly, I would have to sever any friendship with anyone who had lowered themselves to buying this tripe.

Why can the NME congregation not see that this is more style over substance than anything 1D have ever released? 'I know - let's write a line about rolling a joint and hiding from the police - people will think I'm such a rebel'. So much so that I would believe you if you told me he actually was a SYCO act he's so contrived.

Yuk.

Yes, but you are clearly comparing him to Jaymi from Triple J and that's not fair. NO-ONE compares to that bundle of genius talent. :rolleyes: :D:D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I don't like him, it's not that I just don't like his type of music.
    It's his personality, he brags, he's cocky and arrogant and sometimes straight up rude.

I agree. I don't like his type of music either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D I rest my case.

In other words, you don't have a comeback.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hype certainly does fade; you only have to look at Leona's album sales in chronological order to realise this. :p

LOL this :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's because they don't need one... the poster said,

"Hype fades. Talent doesn't."

Sounds alot like Leona... hype faded. She's got a decent voice, but nothing more.

Jake has proven already he can write a catchy song. Lightning Bolt seems to have been pretty popular for a kid whos just arrived out of nowhere. Plus he can play the guitar... a bonus.
  • Options
    Forum Member

My comment was referring to an earlier post of mine in this very thread where I basically suggested that Leona fans really need to get over the fact that an 'unknown' outsold her latest album. Then along your post came. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard his album once, and I think I'm going to like him............
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I'm rather fed up of being accused of being a Leona Lewis fan just because I don't like Jake Bugg.

I've always not liked the NME/Noel Gallagher types, and I'm not particularly into X Factor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too early to tell what sort of artist he will become. Already using co-writers and criticising other artists are not good signs to me.
  • Options
    r1verr1ver Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Yes, but you are clearly comparing him to Jaymi from Triple J and that's not fair. NO-ONE compares to that bundle of genius talent. :rolleyes: :D:D

Haha! Touché! But Jaymi is at least a lovely guy with a great voice. OK, he isn't Paul McCartney, but I know which album I'd rather buy between Jake and Jaymi!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My comment was referring to an earlier post of mine in this very thread where I basically suggested that Leona fans really need to get over the fact that an 'unknown' outsold her latest album. Then along your post came. :D

And I explained why I don't like Jake Bugg and it's not because his debut outsold Leona's latest album. I quoted you in my post so are you really stupid enough to think I didn't read it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sounds alot like Leona... hype faded. She's got a decent voice, but nothing more.

Jake has proven already he can write a catchy song. Lightning Bolt seems to have been pretty popular for a kid whos just arrived out of nowhere. Plus he can play the guitar... a bonus.

I don't really know what that has to do with what I was saying but I will say that despite it's lack of success, Glassheart is a very decent pop album. In terms of Jake Buggs genre, there are much better artists. For example Amy MacDonald is far more talented than him by miles.
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I will admit I haven't listened to jake bugg so can't comment on his music but fair play to him for being so successful so young. However, you're more or less saying Jake bugg should be respected or liked because he plays guitar. Niall from one direction plays guitar and he has co-written on their album, does that mean you respect him as much as Jake and other 'credible' indie artists or does that criteria only apply when it is artists you like.?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    I will admit I haven't listened to jake bugg so can't comment on his music but fair play to him for being so successful so young. However, you're more or less saying Jake bugg should be respected or liked because he plays guitar. Niall from one direction plays guitar and he has co-written on their album, does that mean you respect him as much as Jake and other 'credible' indie artists or does that criteria only apply when it is artists you like.?

Lightning Bolt was a song written solely by Bugg. And as for Niall from One Direction, there isn't anything creative or artistic about them... they're simply there for commercial reasons only and will continue to milk every penny by brainwashing kids.

There's a huge difference between Bugg and the kid from One Direction. It really isn't all that difficult to see the credibility in it all.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    I'm rather fed up of being accused of being a Leona Lewis fan just because I don't like Jake Bugg.

I've always not liked the NME/Noel Gallagher types, and I'm not particularly into X Factor.

This, really weird how a couple of posters are accusing people of being Leona fans because they are not keen on Jake Bugg. This was before a Leona fan even posted in here.

I am a fan of Leona's but usually avoid these sort of wind up merchants like a plague, but I guess like attracts like. Jake certainly has the bolshy attitude, but then perhaps he will grow up a bit. It never pays to rubbish other acts, when your own star is just taking off. I do actually like a couple of Jake's tracks, like Lightning Bolt and hopefully he continues to be successful.