Picture blanking out intermiitently

123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Thank loweman for your assistance. It is strange that Sony don't have the fault issue on their systems.

Nigel - I assume you work for Sky? What is the bulletin you are talking about? Do you have a copy of what it says, so that when Sony rings me back on Monday I can tell them about it.

Sky (who I got the TV from) said that Sony have to be the ones to deal with it. Sony told me on Friday that they will send an engineer round to look at it, before they can give me a replacement. I think it's silly that an engineer has to come first, as they already replaced the TV in December, with no difference, and the engineer might have to wait an hour or two to see the blanking out fault.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,465
    Forum Member
    danshy wrote: »
    Thank loweman for your assistance. It is strange that Sony don't have the fault issue on their systems.

You don't have access to technical bulletins, or to anyone who does - customer support for Sony isn't even done via Sony themselves anymore, so they don't know anything.

Nigel - I assume you work for Sky? What is the bulletin you are talking about? Do you have a copy of what it says, so that when Sony rings me back on Monday I can tell them about it.

No, I don't work for Sky, I'm chief engineer for a small TV dealer, who's a Sony main dealer and a major Sky ASA.

You can't talk to Sony at all, only their third party call centre, who have no access to anything.

Sky (who I got the TV from) said that Sony have to be the ones to deal with it. Sony told me on Friday that they will send an engineer round to look at it, before they can give me a replacement. I think it's silly that an engineer has to come first, as they already replaced the TV in December, with no difference, and the engineer might have to wait an hour or two to see the blanking out fault.

Sony don't have any engineers at all, all service is done by third parties (like me), but we have to pay for access to Sony Assist (which provides manuals and technical bulletins). Anyone coming out should be from a Sony approved service agent, and will have exactly the same access to Sony as I do. And what I'd do (as I'm sure anyone would?), is ring you first, check the exact complaint, and then check Assist - which would pop-up the technical bulletin. It's a complete waste of time coming out, and Sony won't pay the engineer for doing so! - they only pay a small fixed amount on completion of the repair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Hey guys is this the same fault listed six places below this one, where I complain about 10 blank screens a month!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi,

Sorry to re-start this thread but I have what I believe is the same problem with a new KDL-20S2020.

Scenario:
    Had Sky HD for 12 months +, connected to KDL-32V2000 with no problems. Now bought the above TV for kitchen (10m HDMI connection) - manually swapping HDMI cables at the moment.
    Troubled every couple of hours with a black screen which lasts 1-2 seconds only but TV appears to be renegotiating the HDCP/HDMI signal.

Thinking it was the cable length, I have now moved the 20S2020 right next to the Sky HD box (using the same cable as the original 32V2000). The screen no longer goes 'black' but every so often the bottom half of the screen goes 'pixelly'.

In the first instance I have asked EmpireDirect for a replacement which is on order. But I wonder if this is symptomatic of the problem that others seem to have experienced with some Bravia's and Sky HD?

Any thoughts appreciated!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I have the KDL-S32A12U and contacted Sony

'I would like to advise that at present, all units including the Sony KDL-S32A12U that are affected will require a software update from Sony provided through the service agents. Although your TV is outside its warranty, the software may still be performed.

We advise that all customers with the units that have been confirmed as affected to contact their local Sony Service Centre to arrange for the update.

I hope that my explaination has helped clarify this matter. If you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Frank Jele

For and on behalf of

Sony United Kingdom Limited'

hth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I have exactly the same problem with a Toshiba 42X3030DB.

I have emailed Tosh, and still awaiting a reply.