TV & Satellite Week Gone Up Agian

thelostonethelostone Posts: 2,697
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yes the cost of TV & Satellite Week has gone up again I think this the 3rd time this year. I went up after xmas to £1.20 or £1.25 then it went up to £1.30 now its £1.40.

Why put up the cost agian if it goes up any more I will not get it anymore.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When does this happen? I bought next weeks copy today and it's still £1.30.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, what is it?
  • Maid MarianMaid Marian Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I stopped buying TV and Satellite a few months ago because of the price increases. I now get TV Guide which is only £1 and that has all the Sky / Virgin channels listed.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have bought both in my time, but i prefer the layout of TV Guide.
  • thelostonethelostone Posts: 2,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does this happen? I bought next weeks copy today and it's still £1.30.

The one I got runs from 22-28 May and is £1.40 . So I like to know how you got yours for £1.30?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thelostone wrote: »
    The one I got runs from 22-28 May and is £1.40 . So I like to know how you got yours for £1.30?
    Mine is also from the 22-28 May and it cost £1.30 as usual. I picked it up in Tesco today I don't know why yours is any different. Are you sure £1.40 is the cover price and you weren't just accidentally charged an extra 10p?
  • thelostonethelostone Posts: 2,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is also from the 22-28 May and it cost £1.30 as usual. I picked it up in Tesco today I don't know why yours is any different. Are you sure £1.40 is the cover price and you weren't just accidentally charged an extra 10p?

Cover price I am in Northampton area.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I buy the Sun on Saturday for 60p and then get the free TV guide with it.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Same here, but The Sun's TV Mag isn't the cheapest one out there, so only buy it if you want the paper.

As for the £1.30/£1.40 argument, they probably just charge different prices in different regions. For example, at one point, The Beano was 85p in some places and 99p in others. It then went up to 99p everywhere and has had two more increases since.
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    It's still £1.30 cover price here but I subscribe / have it delivered.

For the last 3 weeks it has been "late".

For years it has arrived without fail on Tuesday but for some reason it has arrived on a Thursday for the last 3 weeks and it still hasn't arrived this week.

Is this happening everywhere or do I have a local problem?

It is not that I need the mag on Tuesday (the listings don't start until Saturday) but if they're deliberately delaying distribution, I wondered if they were delaying production and consequently there will be a reduced no. of schedule inaccuracies, down to late changes.
  • AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to buy it back in 200-whatever. When Tony Blair was in The Simpsons. Must have been 90p I think.

Then I started collecting it again a few years later at £1.05 an issue. I thought that was great value, but decided against printed TV magazines and now stick to the internet. I do miss the feeling though of circling something in the listings to mark that I want to watch it. Maybe when I actually have a TV all to myself with Freeview or Freesat I may go back to my old fashioned ways.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    slyfox51 wrote: »
    I buy the Sun on Saturday for 60p and then get the free TV guide with it.
    Not any more, I bet.:(