The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Casting Joseph Gordon Levitt looks like a mistake to me. I know a lot of people think highly of him but he does tend to play all of his roles in a very similar manner given that he is supposed to be one of Hollywood's most promising young actors.

You only have to look at Inception, really only DiCaprio and Cillian Murphy gave noteworthy performances in that film. Murphy was able to be better than the part as it was written but Levitt wasn't.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he should play bruce wayne in a one off scene and then bale takes over again just for a random WTF moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revans9 wrote: »
    Casting Joseph Gordon Levitt looks like a mistake to me. I know a lot of people think highly of him but he does tend to play all of his roles in a very similar manner given that he is supposed to be one of Hollywood's most promising young actors.

You only have to look at Inception, really only DiCaprio and Cillian Murphy gave noteworthy performances in that film. Murphy was able to be better than the part as it was written but Levitt wasn't.

500 Days of Summer, Brick, Inception are completely different
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting sick and tired of people saying that they don't like the name. Just because a film has a crappy name doesn't mean that it won't be good. Are you now not going to see it just because you don't like the name?

alright , calm down , I never said I wasn't going to see it .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't like the title . sounds like it's Batman getting up in the morning .

http://i53.tinypic.com/2itst8p.jpg

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What type of Gotham do you expect we will see?

The dark, gothic, slums type that we see in Batman Begins with the return of the train and foggish conditions with the majority taking place at night. Or the much more average City-ish conditions in The Dark Knight with a large chunk of the film taking place in the day.

I really hope this film sees a return of the Batman Begins type Gotham with a much darker and claustraphobic feel. The main thing I was dissapointed with in The Dark Knight was the much more Chicago-esque feel of the place (I know it was filmed there)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people actually read through a thread. The title is a working title to see the reaction but as far as we know they are currently sticking with it.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What type of Gotham do you expect we will see?

The dark, gothic, slums type that we see in Batman Begins with the return of the train and foggish conditions with the majority taking place at night. Or the much more average City-ish conditions in The Dark Knight with a large chunk of the film taking place in the day.

I really hope this film sees a return of the Batman Begins type Gotham with a much darker and claustraphobic feel. The main thing I was dissapointed with in The Dark Knight was the much more Chicago-esque feel of the place (I know it was filmed there)

Yeah I agree with this, also thought it was pretty funny how the giant monorail from Batman Begins completely vanished in TDK.
  • thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alright , calm down , I never said I wasn't going to see it .

I have now calmed down :D
  • thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vol wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with this, also thought it was pretty funny how the giant monorail from Batman Begins completely vanished in TDK.

I know, I thought that was pretty weird too. Also the Wayne Enterprises building was different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well that could of been beacause it was destroyed in BB
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    Does anyone think maybe joseph GL could maybe just have like a 5min cameo as the joker?? I mean dress him up as heaths joker with cracked/faded dirty makeup and put him in a dark cell with just little moon light shining in and abit back from the camera and they would actually look almost identical!! Lol!!

all joking aside thats a terrible idea, he make look like him but the small fact of him not actullay being him would make this awful and an insult, so would be amazed if Nolan even thought about it.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    hero2zero wrote: »

That is brillaint !!!!

Very good !!
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that could of been beacause it was destroyed in BB

I guess, but that would mean they would've had to demolish the entire rail and since Bruce Wayne was keen to rebuild his father's house I would've thought he would want to rebuild the monorail too. Oh well, just a glimpse of it in TDK would have given some continuity and made us feel that it was actually the same Gotham from Batman Begins :p.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess, but that would mean they would've had to demolish the entire rail and since Bruce Wayne was keen to rebuild his father's house I would've thought he would want to rebuild the monorail too. Oh well, just a glimpse of it in TDK would have given some continuity and made us feel that it was actually the same Gotham from Batman Begins :p.

Look above the Jokers bag, about half way up his arm. Although technically it's a Chicago train;

http://i45.tinypic.com/6qise8.jpg

Here are the monorail tracks again;

http://i45.tinypic.com/r74rhi.png

It also featured in the Lamborghini chase;

http://host.trivialbeing.org/up/tdk-lambo-bruce-aug30-wayne.jpg
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    I think Anne might have been miscast as Selina Kyle. Anne is too elegant to be Catwoman. Catwomen needs raw sexiness which is why no one has ever been able to top Michelle Pfeiffer's version. She made Catwoman a wet dream. Michelle was so damn good that she raised the bar too high and every actress that follows her is going to have to not only match that performance but also top it if they want to be seen as good in the role. I don't think Anne has the power to do that. Catwoman being so good under Michelle was also the reason Uma Thurman was so bloody terrible as poison Ivy as well because Uma spent the whole movie trying to mimic Catwoman when she was supposed to be playing a different sort of character. I won't even mention that awful thing with Halle Berry.

The only woman in Hollywood who could have matched Michelle as Catwoman is Angelina. They should have done what ever it took to get her on board.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Like the title - suggests that Batman will once again be accepted. Think they should have gone with The Riddler as the bad guy, but perhaps the character is a bit too similar to The Joker. Either way am looking forward to seeing the film.
    P.S. hope its NOT in 3D
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Anne might have been miscast as Selina Kyle. Anne is too elegant to be Catwoman. Catwomen needs raw sexiness which is why no one has ever been able to top Michelle Pfeiffer's version. She made Catwoman a wet dream. Michelle was so damn good that she raised the bar too high and every actress that follows her is going to have to not only match that performance but also top it if they want to be seen as good in the role. I don't think Anne has the power to do that. Catwoman being so good under Michelle was also the reason Uma Thurman was so bloody terrible as poison Ivy as well because Uma spent the whole movie trying to mimic Catwoman when she was supposed to be playing a different sort of character. I won't even mention that awful thing with Halle Berry.

The only woman in Hollywood who could have matched Michelle as Catwoman is Angelina. They should have done what ever it took to get her on board.

Re. Anne Hathaway: I couldn't disagree more.

She's a fine actress, but her appearance (classic-era Hollywood) has seen her given very similar roles thus far in her career (the fact she was a young darling of Disney hasn't helped much I suspect), TDKR is the perfect chance for her to show she can do something a bit darker, a bit more sexy.

Love And Other Drugs is a good example of her going 'outside the box,' plus she spends an awfully large proportion of the film naked, which is nice.
    andy1231 wrote: »
    P.S. hope its NOT in 3D

It won't be, Nolan has been very public in saying h beleives 3D is just a gimic, he prefers IMAX as an alternative projection method due to the fact it actually improves the cinema experience (as opposed to just adding small floaty things to it).
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    im actually quite excited about this film to be honest. im a fan of both bane and catwoman, with catwoman being on of my favourite cartoon characters of all time i think that it will be intersting to see how anne hathaway is with the role as like people said earlier she doesn't seem like the type of actress to play catwoman she looks too elegant !
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say her elegance is what makes her perfect for the role, cats are very elegant creatures.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Them fan posters are really cool especially the bane one. Could there be a 3rd villian not announced yet played by joseph GL ? Its odd they left his casting out after the other two villians were announced. Im unsure about hathaway myself but we shall see. Anyone think think mila kunis would make a good catwoman? She was pretty good in black swan as the sexy bitch character i tbought
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching Black Swan, I can't help but think that Portman would make an excellent Catwoman.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaiya wrote: »
    After watching Black Swan, I can't help but think that Portman would make an excellent Catwoman.
    Agreed.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Shaiya wrote: »

You never know she could have been a choice for nolan but it can never happen sinceshes pregnant and all that unless we wanna see pregnant catwoman in tight leather:eek: and they cant hold off filming Something this huge with a target release if she was an important part who was in the previous two then maybe then shift filming but shes a new chracter so