sharon and joey

13»

Comments

• ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,368
    Forum Member
    johnnymc wrote: »
    I think viewers would go for it given some of the scenes with them lately and it would be a bit more sensational than some of the stories lately. Shes such a well loved character. But quite interesting when shes played quite vunerable as well. Think she would play a good drunk in the show. There's a touch of angie watts when letitia plays her character with a more helpless story.

I could nt see any chemistry in their scenes tbh, especially the one in the office, but that was probably because it was so out if character for Sharon to be so nasty, door!!! she would never have been so rude before.
    The only scenes in which Joey has acted like a normal young guy and not a messed up weirdo are the scenes in which he's interacted with Sharon in the club. A grand total of about 2 scenes since he joined. What are they playing at with this character and do people really find psycho obsessed weirdos attractive? Joey needs to be developed away from his incestuous fixations on Lauren and, yes, Alice! It's so weird to me that he's supposed to be the hunk of the square yet he's such a freak. He generally lacks warmth, personality or a sense of humour apart from those couple of scenes with Sharon. A very strange character in need of development in my opinion.

Agree with this post, the cousin love and weird possessive thing with Alice is a bit freaky, as is the random violent episodes, shades of Derek in both, as Michael said "the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree"
    there was a scene when they were in the pub with whitney and tyler and they went into the toilets. joey knew lauren was drunk then but still wanted to have sex.

Yes Lauren was drunk, but not passing out drunk, any boyfriend would have tried his luck so long as she wasn't hueying over the toilet bowl:eek:
    klendathu wrote: »
    Even Joey is not dumb enough to go from Lawan to Shazza. It would be like changing from a sleek new coupe to an old Fiesta :D

Ooh, cruel:D
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,621
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Sharon's old enough to be his mother. I know these things happen, but a good looking guy like Joey has his pick of beautiful young girls, why would he go for a middle aged mumsy character.

I wondered if the writers could develop a darker more greedy side to joey and get him to control her a bit perhaps get her off her tablets then get her to need him or something else. Sharon has always been a controversial character I feel that if she goes down the phil story its a path we've already been along and its dull for the audience
    I dont really enjoy her scenes with jack or phil at the moment id like to see her with a new character if joey isn't the right pairing either she definately needs a new dynamic. And I feel the writers lazilly just teamed her up with scott maslen because they were unsure what to do with him
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Sharon's old enough to be his mother. I know these things happen, but a good looking guy like Joey has his pick of beautiful young girls, why would he go for a middle aged mumsy character.

I think it could work if they gave Sharon a makeover. Letitia Dean looks great when not in character. Sharon herself looked amazing recently when they reverted her hair and clothing back to how they were in 2002. I think she has looked awful for most of this stint though. They started off making her look really old and have now reverted back to that style for some reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    Does anyone agree the producers should make sharon have an unstable affair with joey and give her a mrs robinson style story and then refuse to get married?

Disagree entirely. I don't want Joey shagging Sharon :eek: *vomit face*
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it could work if they gave Sharon a makeover. Letitia Dean looks great when not in character. Sharon herself looked amazing recently when they reverted her hair and clothing back to how they were in 2002. I think she has looked awful for most of this stint though. They started off making her look really old and have now reverted back to that style for some reason.

Sharon desperately needs a makeover. Or more accurately, a make-under. The big hair and layers of makeup just doesn't suit her; like you said there have been a few times recently when she had a more understated look, and she looked amazing. (For example, I think this look was much more fitting for Sharon http://www.tvthrong.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/phil-sharon-eastenders.jpg)

Letitia is a very attractive woman, but during this stint they seem intent on making Sharon into some blonde bimbo.
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    be more interesting than Joey and Lauren:yawn::sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    Sharon desperately needs a makeover. Or more accurately, a make-under. The big hair and layers of makeup just doesn't suit her; like you said there have been a few times recently when she had a more understated look, and she looked amazing. (For example, I think this look was much more fitting for Sharon http://www.tvthrong.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/phil-sharon-eastenders.jpg)

Letitia is a very attractive woman, but during this stint they seem intent on making Sharon into some blonde bimbo.

She looked great there actually. I really don't know why they have her looking so ghastly most of the time when she can look so amazing.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »

She actually looks fashionable and good there.
    Not sure why they intend on making her look so stuck in an 80s time warp with the oversized hair and bad makeup. All they new to add next are huge shoulder pads and the look will be complete:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aside from her teenage years she's pretty much always been fashionable. She wouldn't have dreamed of wearing some of the stuff she wears now even when it was in fashion. Who is coming up with these outfits for her? We've had quite a few iconic Sharon looks throughout the years (poodle perm and sweater, short hair and business suit, straight extensions and bright colours, flowing blonde locks and dark suit). I think the leather jacket and hair sweeped up in a ponytail could have been another signature look for her. Why dress her like Dolly Parton? She looks dreadful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aside from her teenage years she's pretty much always been fashionable. She wouldn't have dreamed of wearing some of the stuff she wears now even when it was in fashion. Who is coming up with these outfits for her? We've had quite a few iconic Sharon looks throughout the years (poodle perm and sweater, short hair and business suit, straight extensions and bright colours, flowing blonde locks and dark suit). I think the leather jacket and hair sweeped up in a ponytail could have been another signature look for her. Why dress her like Dolly Parton? She looks dreadful.

Sharon is giving Miss Piggy a run for her money :cool:.

Only kidding of course.