Malaysian Airline 777 missing 239 feared dead

Comments

• lizbetlizbet Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    Agreed. They've been extremely unfront regarding information, and look like they're trying to get everything out as soon as possible. Well done to them for getting stuck into the job at hand

They showed a map of the arc with two yellow features. Is that the location of the objects, or is that where they are searching?

I saw a map,earlier with two yellow lines, on the news and understood that thats where the search in the ocean was concentrating on, though that was earlier on, so maybe somone knows more about it
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possible tail section according to guy on CNN.

Possible ditching attempt.

:o:o
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heartache wrote: »
    It's going to be at least 4 - 6 hours before anything will be known.
    Yes....i think i'm off to bed! Hopefully wake up to 'good' news. :(
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    That's rather unfair. The actions of MH370 weren't exactly the norm.

Unfair to who? Certainly not to the waiting families, who were treated appallingly yesterday.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possible tail section according to guy on CNN.

Possible ditching attempt.

:o:o

A gentle ditching attempt, as opposed to a calamitous crash into the sea? This suggests somebody conscious in control many hours into the flight.
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is beginning to sound like someone who wanted to commit suicide so he put the plane into the sea. Why he had to take all those innocent people with him is beyond me.
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tylersnan wrote: »
    I just can't risk it >:(:D

FGS don't turn on Sky, she's on.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    A gentle ditching attempt, as opposed to a calamitous crash into the sea? This suggests somebody conscious in control many hours into the flight.

Yeah reports say that a crash wouldn't leave a section that big. On CNN they say a ditch would account for that. And if it is the tail, there's a good chance the black box is there and floating.

Although given the "experts" we've had during the week I'm taking it all with a grain of salt for the time being.
  • lizbetlizbet Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is beginning to sound like someone who wanted to commit suicide so he put the plane into the sea. Why he had to take all those innocent people with him is beyond me.

Whole thing s just a tragedy :(
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    kay burely
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah reports say that a crash wouldn't leave a section that big. On CNN they say a ditch would account for that. And if it is the tail, there's a good chance the black box is there and floating.

Although given the "experts" we've had during the week I'm taking it all with a grain of salt for the time being.

When you say ditch, do you mean as in this was a deliberate attempt to hit the ocean?
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member

No it doesn't.

If any of the pilots wanted to do that, they would have just ditched it where they were.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not convinced. Again, like all the different explanations, it has holes in it.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It begs the question about possible survivors in inflatable life rafts, although nearly 2 weeks later would be an eternity even if they had been in them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    p8 plane reports significant radar returns from site. No visual yet however.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    When you say ditch, do you mean as in this was a deliberate attempt to hit the ocean?

I'm no expert (obvs). I thought a "ditch" would be to try and "land" as it were.
    Forum Member
    i wonder if there was a attempted hijacking, piolts then stuck the plane on auto pilot, air crew killed, passengers managed to take out the hijackers and because nobody had access to the cock pit the plane ran out of fule thus crashed?
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    No it doesn't.

If any of the pilots wanted to do that, they would have just ditched it where they were.

Not if they didn't want to be found.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    It begs the question about possible survivors in inflatable life rafts, although nearly 2 weeks later would be an eternity even if they had been in them.

I feel incredibly stupid, but do planes carry inflatable rafts? **Please don't laugh**
    Forum Member
    I feel incredibly stupid, but do planes carry inflatable rafts? **Please don't laugh**

The inflatable slides detach and float as rafts also. No idea of there are others onboard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malaysia about to hold a press conference, and have sent ships to the area.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think finding a 24m object in the south Indian ocean, It's more than likely what everybody has been hoping to find.

Though it would be awkward if they pulled out a 24m surfboard:blush:
    Forum Member
    um yes, all emergency exits have them, its like chutes at the side of the plane, they detach from the sides of the plane and become rafts.
    Forum Member
    I'm no expert (obvs). I thought a "ditch" would be to try and "land" as it were.

I wonder how auto pilot handles no fuel. Does it switch off? If not is a controlled glide on autopilot possible to sea level?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Synnea wrote: »
    The inflatable slides detach and float as rafts also. No idea of there are others onboard.

Aah yeah, i always thought you had to bob on bits of plane. I must be tired, i was imagining rubber dinghys there.
This discussion has been closed.