Options

Caroline peaking at just the right time?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    I'm glad Caroline is finally getting some fairer scores. Seems the attention is pushed more to Frankie and Pixie because of their youthful fanbase.

Caroline is doing much more difficult routines than either of them and Pasha knows how to showcase her beautifully just like he does with all of his partners. Good luck to them, I hope he can finally lift that mirrorball with Caroline but I fear Pixie's younger fanbase will push her to the final. Caroline's dancing looks rhythmically natural while Pixie seems to be trying to learn rhythm she's to stiff in body movement.
  • Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more. If she wasn't prepared to offer something constructive, why didn't she simply ignore this thread?

If you wasn't prepared to offer something constructive then why didn't you ignore the thread?
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last two weeks there's been a spark when she's performed. This week she had the dance of the series and everyone seems to be very impressed. Her whole journey is very similar to Abbey last year!

I agree.

I haven't had a fave this year, but couple of weeks ago, decided I would stick my colours to the Flasha mast!
  • Options
    nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're also in the minority in thinking Frankie danced her Jive really well.

Why don't you contribute something of value, by pointing out the relative strengths and weaknesses in technique and performance of the three girls which support your opinion of Caroline?
    What an obnoxious reply!

Jennifer F is writing from a position of real expertise, rather than just watching a few youtube videos and then pretending to be an expert (ie. like you it seems).
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nagel84 wrote: »
    What an obnoxious reply!

Jennifer F is writing from a position of real expertise, rather than just watching a few youtube videos and then pretending to be an expert (ie. like you it seems).

Thank you Nagel84, much appreciated.
  • Options
    ThadThad Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    I thought she had the most potential from day one. She has been slightly overlooked by the show because of some lacklustre choreography and staging. But Pasha has really stepped it up in the last couple of weeks.

I find myself liking her a lot, she can dance and on a personal level appears to be genuine through and through. The sort of person I like as a friend.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im team Caroline. I think Pixie and Frankie are too good whereas Caroline has a bit of vulnerability. Her Charleston was absolutely fab. She will be getting my votes now my favs - Steve and Sunetra, have gone.
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    I realise that I am definitely in the minority (nil) on this thread but I feel both Frankie and Pixie are better dancers. They may or may not be as popular as Caroline - which on this show is just as important.

For me,more important is the whole package.I doubt whether Caroline could do the 'ballet stuff' which made me go ooo and ahh watching Pixie last night,but I know who's Paso I would rather watch again and it aint Pixie's or for that matter,Frankie's.
    Caroline has the advantage of Pasha's choreographical input and for me that's 50% of the package.
    It isn't just about personalities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an obnoxious reply!

Her inability to recognise the deficiencies in Frankie's Jive leads me to believe otherwise.

I don't think it was particularly rude of me to suggest she backs up her opinion with a comparison of the relative strengths and weakness in technique and performance of the three girls.

And I'm certain there are lots of other users of this forum who would appreciate an informed comparison.
  • Options
    thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    What an obnoxious reply!

I have watched about 1,500 YouTube videos that is including 10 series of strictly 19 seasons of DWTS 3 seasons of DWTS Australia+ odd older ones like Natalie Lowe's and Kym Johnson's old ones two seasons of DWTS Lebanon and the few vids from DWTS France, Germany, Sweden, Albania, Greece, New Zealand, South Korea. many world champion ship dances, about 8 seasons of So you think you can dance, many "how to" videos by Corky Ballas, Shirley Ballas, Karina Smirnoff and Slavyk Kryklyvyy and dance lectures

I would not call myself an expert at all as I don't know the dances technically but theoretically i like to think i am well informed and trust me if you wanted to test me i would go to mush and possibly could not tell you anything as you need that technical ability like Jennifer and other dancers on this forum whom i love their posts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her inability to recognise the deficiencies in Frankie's Jive leads me to believe otherwise.

I don't think it was particularly rude of me to suggest she backs up her opinion with a comparison of the relative strengths and weakness in technique and performance of the three girls.

And I'm certain there are lots of other users of this forum who would appreciate an informed comparison.

My you are full of yourself. How on earth do you know I have the inability to recognise certain deficiencies? None of the celebs is perfect, they all make errors, even certain pro's.
    Yes you are rude, not so much in what you say, but the manner.
    I don't have to answer to you, to prove what I know. I have posted in several threads about these dances and I simply can't be bothered to keep writing the same things. Whatever I write, you will disagree with, and that is your perogative, so I won't waste my time. This thread is not about discussing the dances, it is about the OP's opinion that Caroline is peaking at the right time. I simply wrote my opinion to that. No more no less.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thengp12 wrote: »
    I have watched about 1,500 YouTube videos that is including 10 series of strictly 19 seasons of DWTS 3 seasons of DWTS Australia+ odd older ones like Natalie Lowe's and Kym Johnson's old ones two seasons of DWTS Lebanon and the few vids from DWTS France, Germany, Sweden, Albania, Greece, New Zealand, South Korea. many world champion ship dances, about 8 seasons of So you think you can dance, many "how to" videos by Corky Ballas, Shirley Ballas, Karina Smirnoff and Slavyk Kryklyvyy and dance lectures

I would not call myself an expert at all as I don't know the dances technically but theoretically i like to think i am well informed and trust me if you wanted to test me i would go to mush and possibly could not tell you anything as you need that technical ability like Jennifer and other dancers on this forum whom i love their posts.

Sadly the truth is that if you don;t have the technical knowledge, you are not informed. I don't mean that rudely, sorry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    My you are full of yourself. How on earth do you know I have the inability to recognise certain deficiencies? None of the celebs is perfect, they all make errors, even certain pro's.
    Yes you are rude, not so much in what you say, but the manner.
    I don't have to answer to you, to prove what I know. I have posted in several threads about these dances and I simply can't be bothered to keep writing the same things. Whatever I write, you will disagree with, and that is your perogative, so I won't waste my time. This thread is not about discussing the dances, it is about the OP's opinion that Caroline is peaking at the right time. I simply wrote my opinion to that. No more no less.

Well in truth - considerably less. Nothing in your post to which I initially responded addressed whether or not Caroline is peaking at the right time.

Clearly your motivation for commenting at all was purely selfish - one assumes an attempt to protect your emotional investment in Frankie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well in truth - considerably less. Nothing in your post to which I initially responded addressed whether or not Caroline is peaking at the right time.

Clearly your motivation for commenting at all was purely selfish - one assumes an attempt to protect your emotional investment in Frankie.

Are you quite mad?
    What on earth are you talking about.....emotional investment in Frankie?
    I couldn't care less. I have no emotional investment in any of them, couldn't give a monkeys. Simply stating that in my opinion, as i'm entitled to have, Frankie and Pixie are better dancers. Caroline may be "peaking" according to some, but for me , is still behind the other 2 ladies