Godzilla - New Trailer

Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A couple of months ago, a teaser trailer was released. Today the studio released a new, full trailer. The film looks spectacular. :)

LINK

And here's the poster: LINK

Comments

• necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of all the upcoming summer blockbusters, Godzilla is by far the one I'm most anticipating.
  • BowmaniBowmani Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Looks good but can't see it being better than the Emmerich classic.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This film should win ALL the awards.
  • YorkshireKatYorkshireKat Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking great! can't wait to see it....looks a million times better than the travesty that was the last American version.

And no killing HIM! this time!
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bowmani wrote: »
    Looks good but can't see it being better than the Emmerich classic.

Classic? Emmerichs Godzilla is a classic? Since when?
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A big part of my childhood was watching all the old movies with my grandad so I would've seen this movie regardless but I'm relieved to see it looks like it's gonna be great.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    They're going to want to make a sequel or something out of this, so chances are they wont kill the creature. Either there will be more than one (though we wont find that out until the end) or they'll somehow manage to trap/tranquilize the creature, sending it back to sleep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    as soon as i see a disaster movie there is almost always the statue of liberty in it people broken or attacked or something. and straight away in this film there it is all broken lol
    signs of another american flag waving silly movie. i hoped they stopped that and moved on but i guess not
    i would rather have my nuts nawed of my a crackhead rodent than watch this one lol
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film should win ALL the awards.

You talking about the Razzies ?
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    2001 rang. Wants its music back.

Trailer didn't do much for me, just more digital destruction really - and all very serious.

Seems to have caused a stir mind, but there'll be other trailers doing that too as the summer season hoves into view.

Liked the shot at the end though. Reminded me of the end of Cloverfield when the creatues peers down at the camera.
  • ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will go and see this definitely. Finally a good trailer that doesn't reveal everything.

Good to see Hal from Malcolm in the Middle again.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cranston cries a lot in this trailer. I want to like this but I still have the scars from Emmerich`s POS. Even if it`s rubbish we`ll still have Cloverfield.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm bored of city destruction films. I don't care if it's a giant lizard or aliens or a madman supervillain, it's boring now.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the trailer last night and wasn't all that impressed. Thought a couple of the shots of Godzilla were a bit ropey considering the budget. But nice to see a monster that attacks during the day. Maybe Hollywood are abandoning low-light.
    And why does Godzilla not attack Tokyo anymore?
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And why does Godzilla not attack Tokyo anymore?

Because he's been doing that for 50 years. Why not let him experience the rest of the world? :D
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    Because he's been doing that for 50 years. Why not let him experience the rest of the world? :D

But there are so many more places en route to New York. Bali is nice. Australia would be a bit of a problem what with how strict they are on Visas and the like. I'm sure he'd like to see the Petronas Towers. Thailand, Vietnam, India, South Africa, World Cup in Brazil. But no, an 18,000 mile trip just to get shot at by Americans. <rolleyes>
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But there are so many more places en route to New York. Bali is nice. Australia would be a bit of a problem what with how strict they are on Visas and the like. I'm sure he'd like to see the Petronas Towers. Thailand, Vietnam, India, South Africa, World Cup in Brazil. But no, an 18,000 mile trip just to get shot at by Americans. <rolleyes>

Sounds good to me. :)
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That looks good. :o
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film interests me as the director probably knows more about CGI than any other director.
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still of the feeling that Godzilla should rest in Tokyo bay for a few more years.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    This film interests me as the director probably knows more about CGI than any other director.
    My my, that's a bold quote. How come?

And for Godzilla's sake, let's hope he has a better grip on character and narrative than he showed with Monsters. An interesting film to some degree, but ultimately rather slight and with a very trite conclusion.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My my, that's a bold quote. How come?

And for Godzilla's sake, let's hope he has a better grip on character and narrative than he showed with Monsters. An interesting film to some degree, but ultimately rather slight and with a very trite conclusion.

Purely based on him being the only director that I know of who has actually created CGI effects themselves.

When I saw 'Monsters' I knew nothing about it. I really enjoyed it and just assumed that it had a large production team behind it.

When I then read up on it, I was totally astounded.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it seemed a bit overly dramatic. I cant see how you can make a serious film about a big lizard, Cranston might be miscast a bit but then again it might work so I'll reserve judgement until it comes out.
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2001 rang. Wants its music back.

Stanley Kubrick rang back.

He borrowed the music as a temp-track in the first place.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope he wins this time, the human race sucks!